Jogging or not

Jinxter2007

Can some one please explain to me why my head thinks I can jog but my body lets me down!!!!!!!!!!!! I can jog on Wii for 30mins straight i can even jog on tread mill, but tonight I came home from work got changed and went out for a jog (did look the part though) managed to get down end of road then had to turn back thank god no one saw me, how embarrassing.:cry:

I've started jogging. If you have an iPod or iPhone download the nhs couch to 5k podcast. It gradually builds up over 9 weeks from walking for a minute and jogging for a minute 8 times, up to a 5k run.

It breaks your body in to it gently.

It is probably available on other phone but as I have an iPhone I can't comment on that.

Well done for taking the first steps, excuse the pun. I used to hate pe at school bit
I now love jogging, it's free, you can fit it around whatever else you have on and it's great exercise x

I'd love to start jogging, will def download the app onto my itouch. I love walking but jogging hurts my boobs...even if i'm wearing 2 sports bras, both of good quality....thats also the reason why i don't skip! :(

Catherine, does the podcast allow you to listen to your music while it's on?

If you have a smart phone look in your app store for an app that let's you play your own music whilst doing the c25k!

The wii fit is nothing like real life. It won't burn off half the calories it says and the best thing to do is interval training.

the podcast includes music and they just tell you when to start/stop running.

there are lots of variations about, a lot of dance music which i dont like but eventually found a more pop one

the podcast includes music and they just tell you when to start/stop running.

there are lots of variations about, a lot of dance music which i dont like but eventually found a more pop one

Ooooo which app is the pop one ninnins???

This sounds fantastic.
I would love to have the dedication to do this!

The treadmill pulls the ground along beneath you and the wii fit you jog on the spot, where as when you go jogging outside the have to use more force in order to propell yourself along the pavement.

Interval training, like the couch to 5k programme are one of the best ways to increase your fitness and running distances.

I ran a 10k run a couple of years ago and trained for it using a low tech version of the programme (printed out a bit of paper), and it's amazing how quickly you inprove. I'm starting again next week!

when u run on the treadmill you have to have setting on 1.0 incline to be same as a road. my bf runs marathons and i trained this way when i did my running.

I'd love to start jogging, will def download the app onto my itouch. I love walking but jogging hurts my boobs...even if i'm wearing 2 sports bras, both of good quality....thats also the reason why i don't skip! :(

Catherine, does the podcast allow you to listen to your music while it's on?

with regard to podcasts i got mine from itunes and it is a Christian one and it was free and i was a bit sceptical about the music but i find it very uplifting and motivating. dont knock till you try it (my new motto)

I dont use a sports bra i have an firm support bra which offers more support than a sports bra. it feels like a metal cage on the outside. and my boobs dont move a milimetre. i got it from ebay i think i paid round about £20 and it was the best £20 i ever spent. No black eyes for me ;)

Sports bras are made for different purposes, so just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's suitable for jogging.

When I bought mine there was a guide in store which advised which bra was suitable for which activities. I'm a 38e and mine just do not move anywhere when I jog (M&S).

mine did state that it was suitable for jogging. but i will look at sports bras again once they decrease in size, :)

Lolol tara! Is the support bra of a specific make? Sound more like scaffolding to me! ;):D

i will check what make when i get home, but now you mention it, it does have a scaffold quality about it ;):D

I find the first 10 mins is the hardest! Like you i run on the treadmill and find when running on the road i need to start a lot slower than on treadmill then gradually speed up. If your legs are feeling heavy when you run then thats usually a sign that youve started off too quickly.... hope this helps!

Back