• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

John O' Groats to Land's End Virtually 2.0

This year a member setup a challenge for those with exercise bikes, to pedal to Land's End, virtually. As you can see by my ticker, I got pretty far, not lost any weight, but I peddled my heart away, well it is almost new years resolution time, so I would like to start this challenge up again. The last one earlier in the year I was disappointed as hardly anybody took part, it was not even my challenge but I felt like I was doing it alone.

So this will be starting on January 1st 2010, I am resetting my ticker to 0 today, so I can aim to actually complete it this time (did 624 miles). Anyone with me for a new year challenge? or am I doing it on my own again? Come onnnnnn!
It is not a race, it is to be done at leisure, I aim to do about 45 minutes a day, maybe excluding Sundays.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Good heavens is it really that far. I think its a wonderfull challenge and an excellent way to improve fitness levels. I'm waiting to have a knee opp so I will pass on this one if you don't mind, but after my opp I will be taking up my walking again so maybe if there are any walkers out there, we could see if we can do the 10000 steps a day challenge. I'll start a new thread and see what happens. Good luck with your challenge and hope you get some other bikers to join in. xx

Well let's make it more flexible, can include walking, rowing etc, doesn't matter really, just a little friendly competition and motivational tasking.

Only rule I would say is it does not count if you drive there or use a train lmao.

Sulleyp

The Minis Bad Boy
Well yes if you changed it slightly to invovle walking id certainly do it as I go geocaching alot in the warmer months and that can be up to 8 miles a day, twice a week.

Count me in; pre children days I always use to cycle to work. Now I'm no longer needed to do the school/college run I've started cycling again but I've 'gone soft' & will only cycle if the weather is fine, I don't mind light rain or wind but anything more & I'm in the car:eek:

In my lunch hour I go for a walk so I'll have a cycle/walk ticker.

Brill idea :p

Sulleyp

The Minis Bad Boy
But Nightwolf you havent answered our questions.

Are we allowed to include anything? Or must it only be on a bike?