1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

John O' Groats to Land's End Virtually 2.0

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Nightwolf, 5 December 2009 Social URL.

1. Nightwolf

Nightwolf Well-Known Member

This year a member setup a challenge for those with exercise bikes, to pedal to Land's End, virtually. As you can see by my ticker, I got pretty far, not lost any weight, but I peddled my heart away, well it is almost new years resolution time, so I would like to start this challenge up again. The last one earlier in the year I was disappointed as hardly anybody took part, it was not even my challenge but I felt like I was doing it alone.

So this will be starting on January 1st 2010, I am resetting my ticker to 0 today, so I can aim to actually complete it this time (did 624 miles). Anyone with me for a new year challenge? or am I doing it on my own again? Come onnnnnn!
    It is not a race, it is to be done at leisure, I aim to do about 45 minutes a day, maybe excluding Sundays.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Well-Known Member

Good heavens is it really that far. I think its a wonderfull challenge and an excellent way to improve fitness levels. I'm waiting to have a knee opp so I will pass on this one if you don't mind, but after my opp I will be taking up my walking again so maybe if there are any walkers out there, we could see if we can do the 10000 steps a day challenge. I'll start a new thread and see what happens. Good luck with your challenge and hope you get some other bikers to join in. xx

4. Nightwolf

Well let's make it more flexible, can include walking, rowing etc, doesn't matter really, just a little friendly competition and motivational tasking.

Only rule I would say is it does not count if you drive there or use a train lmao.

5. Nightwolf

Nobody interested then?? come onnn

6. Sulleyp

Sulleyp The Minis Bad Boy

Well yes if you changed it slightly to invovle walking id certainly do it as I go geocaching alot in the warmer months and that can be up to 8 miles a day, twice a week.

7. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

Good luck with the challenge, I live only about 8 miles from Lands End, so you can pop in for a virtual coffee if you like lol x

8. Sulleyp

Can we get 1 virtual sugar with that :)

9. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Well-Known Member

Count me in; pre children days I always use to cycle to work. Now I'm no longer needed to do the school/college run I've started cycling again but I've 'gone soft' & will only cycle if the weather is fine, I don't mind light rain or wind but anything more & I'm in the car:eek:

In my lunch hour I go for a walk so I'll have a cycle/walk ticker.

Brill idea :p

10. Nightwolf

Excellent, now all you guys need to do is setup your tickers, no rush, Im not starting mine till January the 4th, but challenge can be from the 1st onwards.

11. Sulleyp

But Nightwolf you havent answered our questions.

Are we allowed to include anything? Or must it only be on a bike?

12. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Well-Known Member

I've just checked & John O'Groats to Lands End is 874 miles (according to Wikipedia), so I've set my ticker to that.

Let me know if we're working to another setting.

13. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

Just to clarify the challenge for you all x

14. Sulleyp

Whoops he he should have read above.