Joined a gym today :-)

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by LizzieF, 30 September 2010 Social URL.

1. LizzieF

LizzieF Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I joined the gym today so will this mean I may stay the same for a few weeks even if I stick to the points on WW?

Just they say if you tone up this can weigh more......

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. welshgirl21

welshgirl21 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(13.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think they're referring to muscle weighing more than fat so factually then yes there is a chance you may stay the same if you are gaining muscle, but that doesn't mean you won't be losing fat as well. You will be losing fat but adding muscle which will affect the numbers you see on the scale.

My boyfriend does mainly weight lifting and he has very muscular arms, shoulders and back; his weight is around 16st at the moment and while he does need to lose some weight from his stomach area (which he is) most of his weight is muscle so even when he loses the weight he wants to it won't affect the results on the scales too much.

Hope that makes sense :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.