Joined slimming world tonight

Word of the week POM BERRIES

As I'm getting to know abit more now I'm going to try and introduce more speed foods this week. When ever I'm out I always forget so this new word will help at times if need .

Pears,peaches,oranges,melon and all berries

These are my fav options and by remembering this I will make the better choices

Well done on your loss xxlauraxx15 I have just restarted and have lost 7lb
Quick update

Week 1 loss. 6 1/2 lbs. :banana_dancer:

So happy with that's at club now so il be back on later to chat, just thort I'd let you know x
Well done on your loss xxlauraxx15 I have just restarted and have lost 7lb in my first week. Ready to take on week two :)

Well done, great loss!! :D

Good way of remembering! I like it haha

Day 8
Breakfast
cereal HEX b
plus splash milk HEX a

Dinner
Morrison salad bar 3 syns
8 crab sticks

Tea
steak,chips& mushrooms 3 syn

Snack mikado stick 1/2 syn

Total syns 6 1/2

Leaves 8 1/2 syns for any Friday night treats that I may fancy

Day 9

Feeling like crap at the mo, pulled my back the other day and yesterday lifted daughter into trolley and oh my god it killed. Was gutted aswell cause really struggled doing the shopping and there was so many things I wanted to check out. Had to rush around best I could before she moaned to get out trolley as could hardly move.

I'm normally so organised and have on my phone plans for following day what I'm eating how many syns but just sitting on sofa instead feeling sorry for myself .

Breakfast
Cereal HEX b
Dash milk 1/2 HEX a
Apricot (s)

Dinner
Chicken noodles low fat
Potato salad Iceland free
Apple
1/2 a melon (s)
Btw I love melon haha

Tea
Jacket potato with beans (s)bit cheese 1/2 HEXa

Syns 8

Snacks
crab stick quite a lot ooops
Mullerlight
Kiwi

Last edited:
Decided to try the potato salad with noodles as it's free and it's not bad at all . Would buy another one. Also added some apple wanted more apple but my 2 year old wanted the rest haha

is it me or does anyone else think this diet is expensive. I'm eating loads haha, i went shopping yesterday and the fruit will prob last 3 days. Iv eaten all the crab sticks, 3 yogurts left .

I wasn't eating between meals but now when I sit here and think oh could just eat something I go and find something.

There is only me doing it but hubby starts on Thursday and it's goin to cost a fortune. I don't think it's meal things it's more free foods you buy and certain speed fruits veg.

Our shopping used to come between 70/80 a week. As I say I hurt my back so literally didn't buy that much meal wise yesterday just some steaks as have abit of meat in freezer . It came to 65 quid and like I say meal wise one meal lol. It's all the fruits and veg cost a fortune. I also spent 13 in Iceland so basically nearly 80 quid and hubby and daughter will mostly be eating meat up from out freezer this week.

Wondering if it will get cheaper when hubby does it or even more expensive. Not really fussed about the money as I know eating healthy food and the money we will save on take aways will hopefully cover the extra cost.

I think it's as expensive as you make it, if that makes sense? Like, it does seem expensive, but me and the hubby would have at least 2 or 3 takeaways a week (so up to 60 quid, sometimes more depending on the hours we were working LOL), so I figure the money you spend on takeaways has to be spent on other food. I find Asda is pretty cheap for fruit and that. Meat is expensive wherever you go :/
I've started doing a lot of shopping at Iceland now, they have pretty much everything we want in there, and because they have the slimming world meals, they tend to get a lot of other SW friendly stuff in stock which is good. Plus decent prices!

A good many of my slimming world meals start with onions and garlic in a pan with frylight, add a can of tomatoes, grated carrots etc which are all cheap. This is the start of chilli, spag bol, curry, tagine etc etc and usually involves dried pasta, rice, kidney beans or cous cous which are all cheap ingredients.

Turkey is lovely and lean and also inexpensive.

For me it's the fresh fruit that adds to the shopping bill. I normally end up with various berries, oranges, pineapple which cost a fortune and don't last 5 minutes

Ye agree it's deffo the fruits over 10 quid and like you say lasts a few days.

Your deffo right about takeaways tho we always used to plan one at weekend but this never happens. It would be shall we have a kebab with soaps on a thurs 11quid then Indian at weekend 20 quid . That's like over 30 straight away.

Sounds yummy! :D Thats what I love about Slimming World, you can still have chinese and feel good about it!

Mugshots (the 1% ones) are great for lunch as they are free, and I have just discovered Batchelors Cous Cous, its between free and 1.5 syns per pack depending on what flavour you get and it's quite tasty and really easy to do (you literally just add hot water and then let it soak for a few minutes).
I tend to have a Mugshot with some sliced ham or chicken, with some cherry tomatoes and a piece of fruit.
Then you can always grab a snack before dinner if you get peckish :) I always carry a banana around with me :')
Also salads, omelettes and the Slimming World meals/salads from Iceland are really nice as well.
Which batchelors couscous flavours are free do you know? Xx

Day 10

Breakfast
Cereal HEX a 1/2. HEX b

Lunch
noodles apple(s) potato salad
1/2 melon (s)
12 mikado sticks 6syns

Tea
actifry chips and steak with mushrooms (s)
(3 syns)

Total 9 syns

Last edited:
Back