Joined the gym today, hints and tips welcome :D

Stirky7

Believe!
Well after a little while of thinking about it, I finally joined a gym today :D Have my induction on Saturday.

I used to go to the gym at a hotel I used to work at quite a few years ago now, but mainly I must say I used to use the pool :eek: But this time I really want to get into it as I have an awful lot of toning up to do.

Any hints and tips from those gym goers will be appreciated, especially the best way to tone up my flabby baby (and chocolate!!:eek:) belly!

The gym offers free classes, so planning on going to legs, bums and tums, also pilates, and maybe if I'm brave enough will try the body pump class too!

Wish me luck!!!

I've been going to the gym regularly since about July and have found that doing a mixture of cardio,weights and classes has kept me going as i am not doing the same old same old every time i go - which is a sure fire way of losing interest.

cross trainer - hate it to death but already noticing small amounts of flab toneing slightly on my thighs, tummy and bingo wings :D
if they run a stretch and flex class there really good for a gentle all over body workout

berri xx

Cheers for the hints ma q and berri :) Yes Lisa I'll let you know how I get on, yep we can do it hun, may even become addicted with the gym :D

Hi i've just rejoined gym had personnal trainer for couple of sessions just to get back into it and pick tips up. Main 2 things enjoy and swop things round or your body gets use to it!! Hope this helps.

Definitely make sure you do the weights! Then you will have a higher metabolic rate even at rest.

My best advice to you would be to try EVERYTHING. I know it's a cliche but you really are more likely to stick with something if you enjoy it.

My personal faves are Spinning, body combat and body pump

Good luck and most importantly HAVE FUN!!!

xxx

Cheers, yes my gym has body combat and body pump, think I'll give them a whirl!

Hi Lisa, loving it. Although didn't get to go at all last week because the kids were home for half term :( Do stability ball class on a Monday eve and that is fantastic, really works on your tummy!!! Hubby bought me a gym ball and ab toner to use at home too :)

Yes getting there Lisa, the light at the end of the tunnel is getting bigger, all the more reason for me to tone up now! I'm sure my last 11lbs is all on my tummy!!! I'm not joking either lol!

Back