Joined tonight step 2 ?

So I did it and joined tonight..........I had psyched myself up and was determined to be food free for 90 days. after I met with the counsellor she recommended I started on step 2 and continued with this until I reached a realistic weight and suggested 12.7 stone. I said I wanted to be between 10 and 10.7 , she said this was unrealistic and she didn't want me to be disappointed.

Well I am disapointed, now ive got home and read the hand book I have bought. Will my weight loss be slow starting on stage 2 ? and also I really would like to be 10.7 stone and think this would be realistic for my height of 5ft 3.

im all confused now, I thought the point was to remove food ? i thought i would be on food packs completely , this was my reason for deciding to use cambridge as I have been having problems with food intolerance's and wanted to give my body a break and a chance to heal and my mind a rest from constantly wondering what has triggered a reaction. I chose the aspatame free and gluten free packs.

arrghh I dont know im just a bit lost now and doubting my motivation.

Hmm. This sounds a bit odd, I agree. I think I read on one of your other posts that you'd like to lose 5st - so I'm guessing you're currently 15st something?

I wouldn't say that 10st 7lbs is aiming too low either - not for 5ft 3.

It sounds as though she's decided what you need when really, that's your choice. What's your current BMI? If it's under 40 then there's no reason why you can't SS.

Did you feel that you were going to get on with her? Remember, you can always find another CWPC - but it may be worth telling her that you're really unhappy about having to have food and asking her why.

Hugs. Step 2 is still a good plan but I think lots of us need to take food out of the equation, at least for a while.

Tonight I got weighed and I am 15st4.5lbs. and i am 5ft 3 in

I havent worked out my BMI..........I will tomorrow.

I have the type of body shape that i carry my weight all over, head to toe and I know that at 12.7 i wont look that much different, sounds odd i know but its true any ways the point is to me that 12.7 is still over weight "fat" if you like !

I think 10.7 is realistic for my height and age 39, Ill probably still be classed as over weight but id be more than happy with that.

Could i just do 3 packs and add the milk, i read about in the book ?but the counsellor didnt mention I had to drink milk.

She was nice enough, just left me a bit confused.

Thanks for the reply is what i should have said instead of nagging on about it !

anyways ill do 3 packs a day until my energy increases and im in ketosis then when I hit the gym ill add the meal.

night all,

fresh start tomorrow.........ive got a journey to begin !

xxx

If your bmi isn't over 40 then you can start on ss, or ss+ if u want the milk.

I started on step 2, but i vary between that an ss+.

Good luck with it! And yeah, you can always find a new cdc if she's not making you feel motivated!

Hi shelly
i am 5ft 2 and my bmi is currently 31 (obese :-o) my CDC and said lets go for 9st 10 and see how you feel - i know i am a newbie at this, but, im really surprised that your cdc didnt work out your bmi for you at your appointment mine is all over my record card and agreement paperwork.
i really wish you the best of luck :-D i can honestly say that this diet even after only 3 days in really aggrees with me.
V x

Yes she did work it out on a wheel thing but never told me and also never give me a record card or anything. I did fill in paper work but she kept it all the only paper i come away with was a receipt.

I will see her again on friday so ill ask more questions and tell her i have only been using packs and also ask about my target weight.

Just having my first pack now, veg soup ! not too bad in fact quite nice.

Yes she did work it out on a wheel thing but never told me and also never give me a record card or anything. I did fill in paper work but she kept it all the only paper i come away with was a receipt.

I will see her again on friday so ill ask more questions and tell her i have only been using packs and also ask about my target weight.

Just having my first pack now, veg soup ! not too bad in fact quite nice.

Sounds like a plan. In all fairness to your CDC, she might've thought she was doing you a favour. After all, the losses on Step 2 aren't so very different from those on Step 1 - around half a pound a week different, if that. And her attitude might well be influenced by the way she personally lost weight on Cambridge - if she did 810 all the way, she might not understand why you need to stay away from food.

It might be that she's found that her clients fare better if they do one of the higher plans. Or, if I'm being super cynical (moi? :D), it could be that she figures she'll be selling you 3 packs a day whether or not you do 810 - and that if you do 810, you'll be dieting for longer - and therefore keep going back to her to buy packs for longer. But I'm sure it's not that at all. :)

Glad you like the veggie soup. My CDC lost 4 stones by only having veggie soup - breakfast, lunch and tea. Mad woman. :D

When I originally started I was so set on doing SS but my CDC talked me out of it, and persuaded me to do SS+. I'm so glad she did because I wouldn't have lasted 2 minutes on just shakes. This is the way she lost her weight and I think most of her clients have an evening SS+ meal too. I guess she's just thinking what would be best for you in the long term. I would speak to her about it and maybe try SS for a while and see how you go, as it definitely works different ways for different people!

Also the goal weight thing, was she just giving you that weight as a first goal to get to and then you can set your ultimate goal from there? My CDC did this for me (I haven't reached it yet!) and then said we will discuss how low I want to go once I've met this first goal :)

She can't force you to eat the food, at the end of the day! However, did you tell her that you planned working out? If so - that may have been her reasoning - the extent seems to vary from person to person, but it's definitely true that exercise can prevent weightloss if you're eating too few calories.

However, she should have explained that.

Back