Joining weight watchers again

Hi everyone , I'm joining weight watchers on Friday . Is anyone on WW ? How are they finding it ?

Hi there,

I just started weight watchers a week ago and it's a great plan to follow! I find it really useful to have the WW's points calculator & the WW's kitchen scales! You never go hungry as you can always eat additional fruit and veg if you run out of points! The key is to point everything and keep a record of what you eat - I use the WW's Journal for this and to also plan ahead. Good Luck! :D

Annie2012 said:
Hi there,

I just started weight watchers a week ago and it's a great plan to follow! I find it really useful to have the WW's points calculator & the WW's kitchen scales! You never go hungry as you can always eat additional fruit and veg if you run out of points! The key is to point everything and keep a record of what you eat - I use the WW's Journal for this and to also plan ahead. Good Luck! :D

Thank you for your reply . I'm going to my first meeting in the morning . I'm a little nervous but I need a new challenge. I've been on and off SW for the past two years . I lost one stone nine pounds. Recently I have gained some weight back on . I give up smoking eight weeks ago . Reading your post has boosted me . I'm looking forward to starting something new . Good luck to you also :) we can spur each other on if you like ?

Thank you for your reply . I'm going to my first meeting in the morning . I'm a little nervous but I need a new challenge. I've been on and off SW for the past two years . I lost one stone nine pounds. Recently I have gained some weight back on . I give up smoking eight weeks ago . Reading your post has boosted me . I'm looking forward to starting something new . Good luck to you also :) we can spur each other on if you like ?

Good luck for tomorrow - no need to be nervous, if your meeting is anything like our loud & friendly meeting, you'll have heaps of fun! ;) Well done on your weight loss so far...every bit counts. Yes, I'd like that ....spurring each other on...how much do you have to lose, if you don't mind me asking, please? Let us know how you get on. Good on your for quitting smoking - that takes some doing, I gather! x

Annie2012 said:
Good luck for tomorrow - no need to be nervous, if your meeting is anything like our loud & friendly meeting, you'll have heaps of fun! ;) Well done on your weight loss so far...every bit counts. Yes, I'd like that ....spurring each other on...how much do you have to lose, if you don't mind me asking, please? Let us know how you get on. Good on your for quitting smoking - that takes some doing, I gather! x

I would like too lose two and a half stone . Then see if I would like too lose more or just maintain . Just seen there you lost 4.5 lb in your first week . Well done you :) I will let you know how I get on .

I would like too lose two and a half stone . Then see if I would like too lose more or just maintain . Just seen there you lost 4.5 lb in your first week . Well done you :) I will let you know how I get on .

Well, you'll be done in no time! I have a long journey ahead...;-) Thanks, I am pleased with my weight loss, I worked very hard all week at it. x

Annie2012 said:
Well, you'll be done in no time! I have a long journey ahead...;-) Thanks, I am pleased with my weight loss, I worked very hard all week at it. x

Hey Annie , how have you got on today ? I'm still getting my head around everything . It seems ok so far . It's a big change from being on SW . I'm looking forward to following WW. I hope you have had a good day :)

Hey Annie , how have you got on today ? I'm still getting my head around everything . It seems ok so far . It's a big change from being on SW . I'm looking forward to following WW. I hope you have had a good day :)

Hi Teresa,

How did it go today at WW? Yeah, it takes a while to get your head around things and knowing what is what point, etc but you will get around it pretty quickly...just shout if you need to ask anything, and I'll try and help you if I can.

I am good today, just very tired after another busy week, driving about everywhere, etc... time for a rest.....x

Annie2012 said:
Hi Teresa,

How did it go today at WW? Yeah, it takes a while to get your head around things and knowing what is what point, etc but you will get around it pretty quickly...just shout if you need to ask anything, and I'll try and help you if I can.

I am good today, just very tired after another busy week, driving about everywhere, etc... time for a rest.....x[/

I was a bit gutted I have gained 6lb . Today was the first day off getting back on track . Aww thank you very much Annie . Same goes for you . I had ago at pointing some foods out on the calculator for dinner . It seems straight forward enough. I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening .

Ur welcome Teresa... At least, it is only 6 pounds and u r taking back the control now, not later... good on you. x

Annie2012 said:
Ur welcome Teresa... At least, it is only 6 pounds and u r taking back the control now, not later... good on you. x

Thanks Annie , I have made a bit of a sudden decision , after reading threw WW folder . I don't think it's really going to fit in with my life . I think SW is far easier to follow . Plus you can have a lot more food . There no weighing and measuring . Which suits me because I'm rubbish with that type of thing . So I'm rejoining SW on Wednesday . I just hope I stick to it , I'm so fed up of starting and stopping . Anyway how has your day been ?

Thanks Annie , I have made a bit of a sudden decision , after reading threw WW folder . I don't think it's really going to fit in with my life . I think SW is far easier to follow . Plus you can have a lot more food . There no weighing and measuring . Which suits me because I'm rubbish with that type of thing . So I'm rejoining SW on Wednesday . I just hope I stick to it , I'm so fed up of starting and stopping . Anyway how has your day been ?

Well, it's important that you are happy with the diet you are doing...I considered SW too but felt that I haven't got the control on how much to eat and knowing when I was full. I feel that I need to have the control over how much I eat as I am not confident that I can do it without such restrictions. I get what you mean about having to weigh everything, etc...it does get tedious at times but you do get used to it and then, you just get on with it. Sometimes, I do wish I could just eat the food without having to point it up, etc...

Hope it all goes well with SW and let me know how you get on. I'm sure you'll do fine ! :)

Hi teresa have u thought about trying ww simply filling very similar to sw but u can eat fruit tinned in juice, crumpets, ww bagels,wraps & petit pains you also get 49 weekly points for sauces, treats etc only downside have to count mullerlights but Lear free natural is 0 points it's worth a try. Good luck what ever u decide xx
Just found this
Ww wholemeal and White pittas are free plus ww wraps ww petit pans and the bagels xxx whether this changes when the new info comes out I'm not sure but for now eat away !!!!
Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Hi teresa have u thought about trying ww simply filling very similar to sw but u can eat fruit tinned in juice, crumpets, ww bagels,wraps & petit pains you also get 49 weekly points for sauces, treats etc only downside have to count mullerlights but Lear free natural is 0 points it's worth a try. Good luck what ever u decide xx

Hi Valerie,

I know your post meant for Teresa but as I have only just started WW, I just wanted to query what you posted... I was under the impression from my leader we were only allowed to eat what was in the list of Simply Filling (Filling & Healthy? )and I am sure Bagels, Petit Pains and Wraps were not on the list of foods allowed - just checked my list and I can't see these items. Low calorie bread & crumpets are allowed though on the list I have. Tinned fruit in juice - I understand it is ok as long as the juice is drained?

Please let me know as I may be looking at the wrong list? My leader said to me that I could only use the list in the 'green Filling & Healthy Day' - pages 22 & 23. My leader said to me it does get confusing as the previous pages in this green booklet is confusing as it implies that all the foods highlighted in green in under the list of a Filling & Healthy day...(the same for the foods in the pocket guide?)

I'd be happy if you could clarify this for me as I have rechecked with my leader several times about this.

Many thanks. :)

Hi Hun yes tinned fruit in juice has to be drained. I found the info about bagels and wraps on here, in the blue enjoy booklet that comes with the pack on page 11 top row b ww petit pain in green so is def free. I don't like bagels so never have them so they don't affect the plan for me I do have the ww wraps they are calorie controlled and am thinking if crumpets are free they must be :) hope this helps xx
Have just found this

Hi again everyone.. Well, I had a few questions so rang WW Ireland helpline..
Weight Watchers brand wraps and bagels ARE included in the "free foods".

Last edited:
Annie2012 said:
Hi Valerie,

I know your post meant for Teresa but as I have only just started WW, I just wanted to query what you posted... I was under the impression from my leader we were only allowed to eat what was in the list of Simply Filling (Filling & Healthy? )and I am sure Bagels, Petit Pains and Wraps were not on the list of foods allowed - just checked my list and I can't see these items. Low calorie bread & crumpets are allowed though on the list I have. Tinned fruit in juice - I understand it is ok as long as the juice is drained?

Please let me know as I may be looking at the wrong list? My leader said to me that I could only use the list in the 'green Filling & Healthy Day' - pages 22 & 23. My leader said to me it does get confusing as the previous pages in this green booklet is confusing as it implies that all the foods highlighted in green in under the list of a Filling & Healthy day...(the same for the foods in the pocket guide?)

I'd be happy if you could clarify this for me as I have rechecked with my leader several times about this.

Many thanks. :)

Thanks Valerie & Annie , I wish both of you well on WW . When I was doing WW before , it really did learn me about portion control . I also found myself just sticking to ready meals . I will pop on still to see how you girls are getting on .

Thanks Valerie & Annie , I wish both of you well on WW . When I was doing WW before , it really did learn me about portion control . I also found myself just sticking to ready meals . I will pop on still to see how you girls are getting on .

Good luck Teresa with SW! Let me know how u get on...xx

Just found this
Ww wholemeal and White pittas are free plus ww wraps ww petit pans and the bagels xxx whether this changes when the new info comes out I'm not sure but for now eat away !!!!

Hi valerie,

Thanks for all that... I will check my booklet in a bit - pg 11 and I will also mention this to my leader this Thursday .... btw, is there a list on WW's e-source regarding this? Thanks again for taking the time to reply and check things out for me. It sure would be great if all those items were free but I don't think that I can control myself... I need the points to keep me controlled regarding how much I eat... but as my personal circumstances are very hectic, I will have to do such days when I haven't got the time to measure & point up - have to take my lad to hospital 5 times a week! Are you allowed to eat as many meals as you want on this Simply Filling or are you restricted to only 3 meals? x

Sorry to barge in ladies,

I tried SW late last year and fell off the wagon. I've just started up with using WW online and am trying to get my head around everything. To me it seems easier than SW, almost everything is points (as opposed to some things being synned or syn free on SW) but you just have to maintain portion control (where as on SW you really dont).. am I getting it right?

Thanks for you help, the weight loses you show are really inspiring!

Laura x

Sorry to barge in ladies,

I tried SW late last year and fell off the wagon. I've just started up with using WW online and am trying to get my head around everything. To me it seems easier than SW, almost everything is points (as opposed to some things being synned or syn free on SW) but you just have to maintain portion control (where as on SW you really dont).. am I getting it right?

Thanks for you help, the weight loses you show are really inspiring!

Laura x

Hey Laura,

I think whatever diet you do, it has to suit your individual needs... many years ago, I would have thought slimming world was the best for me because I could eat unlimited amounts of food but as the years went by , I realised I had to look at how much I ate otherwise the weight loss wasn't sustainable! My GP said that all the diets work, it is finding one that suited me. I am doing WW's now because I need the restraint of points to tell me how much I should be eating because I haven't got a clue frankly but I also get what Teresa feels about weighing and measuring etc. Having said that, it does become easy to point things up if you have the calculator and weighing scales! I love WW's because it gives me the freedom to eat what I want and I also have the portion control - ultimately, it has to fit in with your life style and hopefully also be easy when you need to maintain...I think SW tells you to see if your full and stop eating when you are but I couldn't do that at all.

Good luck with WW's online... For me, I need to attend my meetings to keep me going...must be a psychological thing! Lol! x

Back