Joining weight watchers again

Hi valerie,

Thanks for all that... I will check my booklet in a bit - pg 11 and I will also mention this to my leader this Thursday .... btw, is there a list on WW's e-source regarding this? Thanks again for taking the time to reply and check things out for me. It sure would be great if all those items were free but I don't think that I can control myself... I need the points to keep me controlled regarding how much I eat... but as my personal circumstances are very hectic, I will have to do such days when I haven't got the time to measure & point up - have to take my lad to hospital 5 times a week! Are you allowed to eat as many meals as you want on this Simply Filling or are you restricted to only 3 meals? x

hi hun i usually have 3 meals with couple snacks in between i just write the snacks at the end of the day in one go. it's like sw where as you eat till satisfied not stuffed, it wold be ok to eat homemade veg soup more often through the day but would still have to watch the rest of the food and don't forget the 49 weeklies u get on simply filling, why don't u read through the simply filling diaries it will give you an idea what to eat and look at their losses to see how they are doing on it, hope this helps good luck xx

Sorry to barge in ladies,

I tried SW late last year and fell off the wagon. I've just started up with using WW online and am trying to get my head around everything. To me it seems easier than SW, almost everything is points (as opposed to some things being synned or syn free on SW) but you just have to maintain portion control (where as on SW you really dont).. am I getting it right?

Thanks for you help, the weight loses you show are really inspiring!

Laura x

Hi laura, on ww if you are following the propoint plan you have your zero pointed foods like fruit & veg everything else (plus a few exceptions on veg eg pots) has points.

There is also another plan called simply filling where you eat all foods highlighted in green freely and you get 49 propoints a WEEK to use on treats, sauces etc.

Like s/w you eat till you are satisfied not stuffed.

Hope this helps good luck xx

hi hun i usually have 3 meals with couple snacks in between i just write the snacks at the end of the day in one go. it's like sw where as you eat till satisfied not stuffed, it wold be ok to eat homemade veg soup more often through the day but would still have to watch the rest of the food and don't forget the 49 weeklies u get on simply filling, why don't u read through the simply filling diaries it will give you an idea what to eat and look at their losses to see how they are doing on it, hope this helps good luck xx

Thanks Valerie,

I did have a read in the beginning but I don't think it said that you could or couldn't have more than 3 meals? I am just scared that I wouldn't know when to stop! Lol! Maybe, when I am more confident, I can try it? I will have another read of the booklet. Btw, I managed to print a list out from e-source last night regarding Filling Healthy Food list and there was only 'bread, calorie controlled' and 'crumpets' on that list ! :-( Does 'calorie controlled bread' mean pitta bread, petit pains, etc from WW ? x

I am still confused & I must ring my leader... She said that not everything in green is part of the Simply Filling Plan... i.e. not everything in that little booklet that has this in a blue box or green highlight. She said that it gets confusing but just stick to the list on pgs 22 & 23. :confused:

I am still confused & I must ring my leader... She said that not everything in green is part of the Simply Filling Plan... i.e. not everything in that little booklet that has this in a blue box or green highlight. She said that it gets confusing but just stick to the list on pgs 22 & 23. :confused:

hi annie i'm not sure what ur leader means as far as i see it all the foods highlighted in green are free on simply filling she's confusing me now lol right am looking in my red live booklet page 31 it states YOU CAN EASILY IDENTIFY FILLING & HEALTHY FOODS BECAUSE THEY ARE HIGHLIGHTED IN GREEN throughout the propoints plan and weightwatchers cookbooks and/or are denoted by a green propoints icon. so to me that means all food
highlighted in green is ok to eat on simply filling without propointing.
IS THERE ANYONE ELSE THAT CAN CLARIFY THIS THANKS XX

iF YOU SHOULDN'T INCLUDE EVERYTHING THAT IS HIGHLIGHTED GREEN ON THE SIMPLY FILLING FOOD PLAN WHY HAVE IT HIGH LIGHTED GREEN ????? GETTING MORE CONFUSED BY THE MINUTE XX

iF YOU SHOULDN'T INCLUDE EVERYTHING THAT IS HIGHLIGHTED GREEN ON THE SIMPLY FILLING FOOD PLAN WHY HAVE IT HIGH LIGHTED GREEN ????? GETTING MORE CONFUSED BY THE MINUTE XX

I don't know Valerie but I am going to tell her what you said (that you rang the helpline and all that & what they said) and I am going to ask the other members there as well and get this cleared up once for all! She said all the green labelled stuff simply tells you that they are all filing foods but it is the list on pg 22/23 that counts for the relaxed day approach! I'll let you know on Thursday as I want to make sure I do it right. Thanks for your input, appreciate it! xx

I wait with bated breath lol , I'm going to follow it as I have been as long as I get a loss watch this space
I am very surprised that crumpets are on the list but happy lol xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hi annie i'm not sure what ur leader means as far as i see it all the foods highlighted in green are free on simply filling she's confusing me now lol right am looking in my red live booklet page 31 it states YOU CAN EASILY IDENTIFY FILLING & HEALTHY FOODS BECAUSE THEY ARE HIGHLIGHTED IN GREEN throughout the propoints plan and weightwatchers cookbooks and/or are denoted by a green propoints icon. so to me that means all food
highlighted in green is ok to eat on simply filling without propointing.
IS THERE ANYONE ELSE THAT CAN CLARIFY THIS THANKS XX

Hi Valerie,

Good news ! My weigh in is tomorrow but I couldn't wait, so I rang my leader and texted and hounded her...no, kidding... but she has now clarified what is what and you will be happy to know that you were absolutely right! My leader has been in touch with another leader who is a H & F expert and was told that everything in green is ok in H & F plan. She also said that she wasn't sure as many people in our meeting don't like the H & F plan, so she has never pushed it, etc... And as she wasn't sure. she just told me to follow that little booklet pgs 22/23 and nothing else. Just to clarify, she said that petit pains, wraps, bagels, pittas (all from WW's ) is counted as free on the H & F plan! So, you were extremely correct.... :D Also, she said that WW's haven't done that H & F plan as good as it should have been done and hence all the confusion for example the list only says low calorie bread, etc...

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know as I think I must have frustrated you a little (sorry) but I was just trying to get the correct info and follow the plan properly! H & F days are going to be my standbys for days things get too hectic with my son...

How are you doing today ? I have my weight tomorrow....

Annie xx

Annie2012 said:
Hi Valerie,

Good news ! My weigh in is tomorrow but I couldn't wait, so I rang my leader and texted and hounded her...no, kidding... but she has now clarified what is what and you will be happy to know that you were absolutely right! My leader has been in touch with another leader who is a H & F expert and was told that everything in green is ok in H & F plan. She also said that she wasn't sure as many people in our meeting don't like the H & F plan, so she has never pushed it, etc... And as she wasn't sure. she just told me to follow that little booklet pgs 22/23 and nothing else. Just to clarify, she said that petit pains, wraps, bagels, pittas (all from WW's ) is counted as free on the H & F plan! So, you were extremely correct.... :D Also, she said that WW's haven't done that H & F plan as good as it should have been done and hence all the confusion for example the list only says low calorie bread, etc...

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know as I think I must have frustrated you a little (sorry) but I was just trying to get the correct info and follow the plan properly! H & F days are going to be my standbys for days things get too hectic with my son...

How are you doing today ? I have my weight tomorrow....

Annie xx

Hi Annie I wasn't frustrated at all just confused lol just couldn't workout why the food would be highlighted green and not on simply filling, I think the problem lies in the fact that ww pushes propoints and the leaders don 't seem to know much about simply filling I was told by my last leader not to tell other members that I was following it I think perhaps members get better losses on propoints but for me simply filling is easier and I really don't mind if I have a few sts or just a lb loss as long as I lose it, ur is good to have it clarified so thanks for taking the time to let me know x I have done well last couple of days it's finally sunk in that I am in control of my weight loss if I stick to the an I will lose it. I am on a 14 hr fast had to stop eating at 6 as I've got a fasting blood test in morning, I'm drinking loads of water ha ha, good luck for weigh in please let me know how u get on, a link to my diary is on my signature pop in and see how I'm doing.do u have a diary. Have a good day tomorrow xx

Hi everyone , I'm joining weight watchers on Friday . Is anyone on WW ? How are they finding it ?

Welcome! I've done it a few times with some success.. I recommend!

Hi Annie I wasn't frustrated at all just confused lol just couldn't workout why the food would be highlighted green and not on simply filling, I think the problem lies in the fact that ww pushes propoints and the leaders don 't seem to know much about simply filling I was told by my last leader not to tell other members that I was following it I think perhaps members get better losses on propoints but for me simply filling is easier and I really don't mind if I have a few sts or just a lb loss as long as I lose it, ur is good to have it clarified so thanks for taking the time to let me know x I have done well last couple of days it's finally sunk in that I am in control of my weight loss if I stick to the an I will lose it. I am on a 14 hr fast had to stop eating at 6 as I've got a fasting blood test in morning, I'm drinking loads of water ha ha, good luck for weigh in please let me know how u get on, a link to my diary is on my signature pop in and see how I'm doing.do u have a diary. Have a good day tomorrow xx

Well my leader said the group that I attend hated the core plan and they also don't like the H & F plan either ... but she said that she's learning ... I am always the one with the odd questions ! Lol! I feel more in control with PP"s but maybe one day I will feel more confident to do H & F and still lose... Yes, I'll check out your blog (diary)...I started one but didn't keep up with it... I have just been writing to people here and there! Yes, we are in control of our weight loss and I am having that it is going well for you... looks like you have already lost lots of weight, so well done ! Hope your blood test goes well tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on... xx

Well my leader said the group that I attend hated the core plan and they also don't like the H & F plan either ... but she said that she's learning ... I am always the one with the odd questions ! Lol! I feel more in control with PP"s but maybe one day I will feel more confident to do H & F and still lose... Yes, I'll check out your blog (diary)...I started one but didn't keep up with it... I have just been writing to people here and there! Yes, we are in control of our weight loss and I am having that it is going well for you... looks like you have already lost lots of weight, so well done ! Hope your blood test goes well tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on... xx

hi annie i did follow pp to begin with but then started eating junk and my pp weren't going very far then i would be starving and go totally off plan and stuff loads of sweets & choc 2mo5pow  grrrr.gifso decided to do sf which at the moment is working fine for me, i think if ur in the right frame of mind any diet works it's keeping in it that i find hard i will be ok for a few weeks then it goes t**t* up and i go off plan it might be for a few days or could go on like last time for weeks create.php WISH I COULD BUY WILLPOWER.gifi am keeping my fingers crossed that i can stick with it now. hope you have a good day good luck for weigh in xx

hi annie i did follow pp to begin with but then started eating junk and my pp weren't going very far then i would be starving and go totally off plan and stuff loads of sweets & choc View attachment 48159so decided to do sf which at the moment is working fine for me, i think if ur in the right frame of mind any diet works it's keeping in it that i find hard i will be ok for a few weeks then it goes t**t* up and i go off plan it might be for a few days or could go on like last time for weeks View attachment 48160i am keeping my fingers crossed that i can stick with it now. hope you have a good day good luck for weigh in xx

Hi Valerie,

I lost 2 pounds today and I am well pleased with that - hoping to lose an average of 2 pounds a week to get to Goal at my target date of 19.6.2013! At the moment, I am not eating any junk, I have Time Out as a treat with my coffee and I sometimes struggle to use all my points as I never have enough time to eat in the day - always off somewhere for an appointment! And when I cook from scratch, I always bulk up my food with lot of veg, so I am always nice and full! so, then I struggle to use my points up too... So, I am trying to find a balance of eating 3 meals and so on... I rather have food, food than treats, so, so far I am ok... but I get what you are saying... I know in time, I could drop off and on...I hope not...as I really want to lose the weight.

My leader sat down with me and had a chat about H & F (SF)... she also talked about it in our meeting today!

xx

Hi Annie well done on ur fab loss that was really good. I had a blip last night but drawn the line and am back on it today, I am away from tomorrow for a week so am hoping I can stick to plan as much as poss I might not get on here much depending on the signal but will catch up with u when I get back have a good weekend. Xx

Hi Annie well done on ur fab loss that was really good. I had a blip last night but drawn the line and am back on it today, I am away from tomorrow for a week so am hoping I can stick to plan as much as poss I might not get on here much depending on the signal but will catch up with u when I get back have a good weekend. Xx

Hello again Valerie,

Thanks - hope I keep losing. Well, it is good that you managed to drawn a line and move forward. Have a good break and look forward to hear from you when you can...xx

Hey Annie how you getting on ? I had 3 bad days where I fell of plan ( story of my life ) went to class today dreading the scales . Managed 3 pound of so I'm well happy . Xxx

Hey Annie how you getting on ? I had 3 bad days where I fell of plan ( story of my life ) went to class today dreading the scales . Managed 3 pound of so I'm well happy . Xxx

Hi Teresa,

Wow! Well done losing 3 pounds in spite of falling off the wagon for 3 days! I would be most happy to lose 3 pounds ! Just goes to show, doesn't it, what we can achieve if we set our minds to it! I have been a little down and depressed the last few days(hormones) but picking up now - also been feeling so, so bloated and all that even though I have been eating healthily and all! So, little worried that it may show on the scales...get weighed tomorrow! Tried Actimel today after my Dad who's a doctor recommended it .... hoping all those friendly 'guys' in my gut play happy tunes in there overnight and I start to feel better! xx

Annie2012 said:
Hi Teresa,

Wow! Well done losing 3 pounds in spite of falling off the wagon for 3 days! I would be most happy to lose 3 pounds ! Just goes to show, doesn't it, what we can achieve if we set our minds to it! I have been a little down and depressed the last few days(hormones) but picking up now - also been feeling so, so bloated and all that even though I have been eating healthily and all! So, little worried that it may show on the scales...get weighed tomorrow! Tried Actimel today after my Dad who's a doctor recommended it .... hoping all those friendly 'guys' in my gut play happy tunes in there overnight and I start to feel better! xx

I hope you feel better soon Annie . You have been doing so well I'm sure you will be fine tomorrow . I bought some capsules today . That are supposed to be very good . I'm going to give them a go see how it get on . Let me know how you go tomorrow . Lots of love Teresa

Back