Jonsgirl's Atkins daily blah blah

Hi all,

well today has been fairly routine - out and about seeing clients. Ended up skipping lunch again today which is annoying as I've had a hungry day today and I've really struggled to resist having something naughty. Decided I really need to start taking food out with me as I always end up being out longer than I think i will. Work buys my lunch if I'm out over dinner time so in the past I would just grab a quick sandwich but its so hard to find something quick and legal when you're out so I end up not bothering and just end up running on caffeine and water!

The annoying thing is I know I need to eat regularly to have a good loss - I stall if I don't eat enough.

Just fed the boy and now snuggled up on the sofa with the fire on - its blooming freezing here.

got some nice steak in the fridge so today's menu will be:

B: black coffee with one sweetner.
l: black coffee with one sweetner.
d: steak, cheese sauce, cauliflour mash. Sf jelly and cream.

Hope you've all had a lovely day. Xx

You must be starving hun, working on empty, your tea sounds really nice though. I know what you mean, it is hard finding something quick and legal when you're out and about for work in strange areas. If only more shops sold Atkins friendly alternatives to sandwiches - even a piece of cooked chicken would do. I'm finding it really cold today too, trying to resist putting the heating on though lol Lisa-Ann xx

I know Lisa-Ann I used to pop into asda and get a bit of rotisserie chicken but then they started basting it with brown sugar so it's not legal any more.

i ended up making broccoli bake to go with my steak in the end as I had some garlic cream cheese that needed using. It was yummy.

while it was cooking I got the munchies and couldn't wait so I made a mim which I toasted and topped with butter and chicken and chorizo pâté. OMG! I can't believe I've been missing out on mims all this time. I made one a few years ago but I used the dark flax and it was yucky so I've never bothered since. This time I used the golden flax and it was amazing - may treat myself to a flax bacon sarnie in the morning as I'm at home until lunch time - nom nom nom xx

just need to work out how to make a reasonable low carb tomato ketchup to go with it now!

Your diary always makes me drool! :D

Thanks so much for sharing your pie recipe, def something I'm going to try. Is it induction friendly do you think?

Idea for low carb tom sauce: what about gia tom paste, a little water and hermestase (liquid sweetener) with a touch of apple cider vinegar (0.2g carbs per 100ml).

Ahhh...I wonder if that's where I've been going wrong. I've made a couple of mims using the darker flax and thought they were pretty awful. Maybe I need to try the golden flaxmeal.

The darker one seems to have a much stronger flavour and I don't find it pleasant at all.

the mim I made with golden flax was lovely - came out a bit like whole meal bread x

Hi all,

another fairly straightforward day today - out on the road doing visits again.

Got home about 2.30 and went straight into the kitchen and made a mim. I made it in a square tub and sliced it into four.
Had two slices toasted with butter and pâté and made the other two slices into a sandwich with sliced turkey and mayonnaise - lovely.

Now settled down with the boy watching junk on telly with a chicken roasting in the oven.

so today's menu will be:

b: black coffee with one sweetner.
l: toasted mim with pâté and turkey.
d: roast chicken, leftover broccoli bake, sf jelly and cream.

hope you've all had a lovely day ladies xx

Your menus sound lovely hun, you've inspired me to have toasted mims butter and pate tomorrow, yum :) Just out of interest have you used flaxseed before and ground it down before use? I've got a packet in the cupboard that I keep bypassing for the flax-meal version that has less carbs. Lisa-Ann x

*flipping ech, I've just had to edit pâté to pate because the app or iPad posts it in gobbledygook!

Lol @ the iPad gobbledygook!

i've never ground my own flax because I'm too lazy lol. I use a ready ground one from holland and Barrett x

It does meg, I used to be a real bread fiend - could eat 10 slices in a day.

feels good to have a sandwich or some pâté on toast without gaining weight.

Hi ladies,

fabulous day today. Had my first performance review at work and it was all brilliant - they said some lovely things and I'm just floating on air at the moment.

then on the way back home I got a phone call from my hubby - completely panicked as he never rings me during the day so I though something must be really wrong. Turns out he just got a letter from the bank. We'd put in a PPI claim a while ago not expecting to get anything but they were writing to say they are paying out!!! We're going to put it towards our IVF treatment which will take the pressure off our savings or mean we can try for a bit longer if we're unsuccessful at first so it's come at just the right time - I'm absolutely thrilled. Things like this don't happen to people like us! Trying to think of a way to celebrate that doesn't involve stuffing my face with loads of carbs lol - any ideas???

Rest of the day has been relatively mundane - just sat watching the tv waiting for hubby to come home.

menu today has been:

l: toasted mim with chicken and chorizo pâté.
d: chicken curry with egg fried cauli rice. Sf jelly and cream.

Feel quite slim and "tight" today and my trousers feel loose. The scales are calling me and I'm dying to see if I've had a loss but I'm resisting until Saturday so I'll hope it's good news then.

hope you've had a lovely day ladies xx

What a fabulous day - well done:)

Celebration ideas - gift for each other, nice steak out, nandos takeaway, clothes, cinema visit (minus food!), new dvd,.......:D

Hi jonsgirl, reading your diary is very inspiring as you have the knack for this. Your menus are brill and I hadn't thought of king egg fried cauliflower rice...will have to have a go of that. Great news on feeling tight and clothes loose.....sounds exciting and I wish you luck for weigh in.

That is amazing!! And such an amazing thing to spend it on!! So excited for your IVF x there could be an Atkins baby soon!! See how I have taken ownership already x x. Xxx

Thanks all, still buzzing today!

No visits today so have been working from home for the first time in a fortnight so I had lots to catch up on.

Had to try to finish early as I was told yesterday at my review that I have been working too much and need to take some time off (easier said than done) so I was trying to rush to get done and I hate that -even after rushing like a mad thing I still only managed to finish half an hour early at 2.30pm. Oh well I guess that means I'll have to take a day off next week instead - oooo I feel a long weekend coming on :)

spent an interesting evening trawling round tesco's for the weekly shop, came home £90 lighter - eek! But with loads of low carb goodies. With me on Atkins and hubby on slimming world our shopping bill is always massive!

Wondering what tomorrow's weighing will bring. I feel slimmer and lighter and have been fairly clean and green all week but I also know that this is week four and having had three weeks of really good losses I'm due a "slow" week at some point soon so we will see!

My menu today is:

l: toasted mim with pâté and sliced turkey.
d: chicken in cream sauce. Sf jelly and cream. Cherry Coke zero.

hope you've all had a lovely day ladies xx

Wow fab news all round hun - great news on the review, and the PPI money!!! Been thinking of applying myself, must get it sorted next week :)

Definitely worth doing Susie - I did it myself and it only took ten minutes x

Whoohooo Jonsgirl was lovely to pop by and hear about your good news - brilliant performance review (they're lucky to have you) and PPI payout tops it off nicely. So, have you decided how you're going to celebrate? You must buy yourself a little treat you deserve it. ahh glad to hear you feel tight and the trousers are loose I bet the scales reflect that too.

Ummm egg fried cauliflower rice, never thought of that so thank you. I hear you on the expensive weekly shop, I started ordering a weekly box of organic veg to the door to keep me out of morrisons spending money (do you know they even do clothes now ha). I think it did save me money for a while but it meant meals had to be based solely around the veg and I had to trust bf to pick up my soya milk and low carb goodies. Anyway, good luck on the scales xx

Back