Jonsgirl's Atkins daily blah blah

Hiya JG, can you talk me through your chicken in mayo and parmesan recipe when you get a chance please? I've googled it but am getting a few different things, some with breadcrumbs! Do you just balance the mixed mayo/cheese on top of the chicken breasts, or are they baked in a gallon of it (like in my cheese fantasy) or what?

Ta muchly, am really enjoying your diary, especially the lovely food ideas! :)

Hi waterworks and welcome.

Cheese fantasy lol - i like it! :D

This is one recipe i cant take credit for as i nicked it from the lovely kat1e who also posts on here and has a webpage of lc recipes.

i mix a big dollop of Hellmans mayo with some garlic and Parmesan. Smother the chicken in it, top with a bit more Parmesan and bake in the oven until the chicken is cooked and the cheese is golden and bubbling. It tastes amazing like a creamy garlicky cheesy sauce even my mayo hating husband loves it.

Hope you enjoy it xx

Skim read for now, will read properly tomoz.

Have you found a recipe for soy flour? I have 2 packs in the cupboard!

Collarbone definition is great :) x

Thanks for that JG! Will gather parmesan in my next cheese-hunting expedition and report back. :D

Not yet teeny,

i found a few recipes that specifically use soya flour but they're quite high in carbs so probably more for people on maintenance. On a general day to day basis I tend to stick to induction level carbs.

Going to see if I can modify some "normal" recipes instead.

the search goes on.................

Well today we have been here there and everywhere visiting various family members and picking up some new bookcases for my office.

On the way home we decided to try a new pub that's just opened - they have a massive rotisserie in the middle of the dining room and cook chickens fresh all day. OMG it was so nice - Nom nom nom I love rotisserie chicken!

After getting home and sorting the little one out for school in the morning i finally got sat down about 9 pm. Now sat snuggled up watching crap telly and nursing a bag of thorntons sugar free peppermint creams which hubby bought for me yesterday. Bless him, he knows TOTM is on the horizon and I always crave sweet stuff so he wanted to make sure I'm prepared. I love these things and can easily eat a packet in one sitting - I've been good tonight though and have only had five ( so far lol )

Love the chicken restaurant JG - wish we had something like that close to us. And well done on not demolishing the sweets - I can't have them in the house until I get to my goal weight - no self control, even the horrendous windy side effects don't put me off! :eek:

Hey what a thoughtful hubby getting you sweets - he's a keeper ;-). Chicken does sound Delish x.

Hey what a thoughtful hubby getting you sweets - he's a keeper ;-). Chicken does sound Delish x.

Haha yes he's very thoughtful but he's also thinking of himself - he wouldn't want to stand in the way of a hormonal lady in search of chocolate!! Xx

So today has been lovely,

still got loads of excess hours to use up for work so I only worked a few hours this morning - just before leaving i got a call to say that a disability benefits application I put in for a elderly man has all gone through so he's over £5k a year better off which will make a huge difference to him as he was barely scraping by on his state pension. I'm really thrilled for him as he is a really lovely man whose been quite ill for a while and had been turned down for benefits in the past. It's times like these I realise my job is really worthwhile and totally worth all of the effort I put in - luckily that thought keeps me going.

Went out to meet my lovely friend for lunch who I haven't seen for about five months. We had a couple of hours together nattering, moaning, putting the world to rights and generally catching up which was just what I needed. With working from home I don't get to catch up office gossip any more and it can sometimes be a good while where I don't see anyone except clients and my immediate family. So it's really nice to see someone different and catch up on some news. We've made a pact that we'll meet up once a month from now on because she's at home with the baby so we can rescue each other from isolation lol

Got home to find hubby was home from work which means we get to spend a very rare weekday evening together as he usually works the late shift. He's cooked our tea, put little one to bed and now he's just gone to do the washing up and tidy the kitchen - I really am feeling very spoilt.

been good today - menu has been:

b: black coffee with one sweetner.
l: chicken and bacon salad with cardini's Caesar dressing.
d: chicken wrapped in bacon, stuffed mushroom, sf jelly.

Was aiming for a 100% week this week although my stuff from low carb megastore comes tomorrow so I'll have some lovely lc goodies to nibble on lol - this could be dangerous xx

Hi all, hope you've all had a lovely day.

well TOTM from hell has arrived! Feel fat n bloaty n achy - boo! Not expecting much from weigh in this week as I now feel like I'm carrying ten buckets full of water around on my hips!

Been at home most of the day which was good as I can slob about in my dressing gown - it's a good job no one can see me lol!

On a good note - my low carb megastore goodies arrived today so now I have lots of lovely stuff to try and more sugar free chocolate than I know what to do with. Seriously think I am at risk of sinking into a polyol induced stupor lol. Still, luckily it doesn't seem to stall me or have any nasty effects on me at all - so I might as well dive in! Chocolate is essential medication for a hormonal woman in my opinion and should be prescribed for free on the NHS.

I also have some sf peppermint syrup which I can't wait to try - I love Starbucks peppermint hot chocolate with whipped cream when the weather turns cold so I'm going to try to make myself a decent substitute with low sugar cocoa, my syrup and some soya cream.

Done some excersise tonight - by which I mean I've walked to the kitchen to get the phone and ordered a big fat takeaway! Seriously can't be a*sed to cook as I feel ruff!!! Not to worry though as I've ordered a lovely giant chicken kebab so I will ditch the bread and the sauce n smother it in mayo - nom nom nom and 100% legal! Xx

Envy you all the SF stuff JG - I just can't have it in the house - no self-control whatsoever with sweet things, and no matter how low carb it purports to be it triggers horrible cravings in me. It's been my downfall and my eventual road to ruin. Be careful petal!

OTOH, kebab sounds divine - happy munching!

Oh and please can you help me with my sauce-thickening question on my diary? Mwah in advance!

Thanks waterworks - I don't actually have a sweet tooth at all when I'm on Atkins and can generally take it or leave it - except when TOTM strikes when I just obsessively crave something sweet so its best to have something in ready so i dont commit any murders lol What I've bought will probably last me about a year but because of the delivery charges I thought i might as well stock up lol.

Actually my body is really really odd, none of the sf stuff or known stallers have ever had any effect on me at all - the only thing that has ever stalled me is too much veg - what the hell is that all about???!!? Told ya I was odd lol xx

Dull and miserable day here today - had to put the lights on a 5pm as it was too dark.

not in as much pain today as I was yesterday so I'm really happy about that!

not much to report today - taken the boy to the park after school and managed to run around with him for about three times as long as i can usually manage so it looks like my fitness level is improving!

I have the low carb megastore box next to my chair and it is calling to me but I don't know what to have because I have too much choice lol. Might leave it till the weekend if hormonal cravings don't kick in again lol.

menu today is fairly basic as still not feeling 100%. Lovely hubby cooked a chicken for me this morning before he went to work so that I don't have to bother to cook much later. He is a thoughtful husband sometimes.

so menu is:

b: 1/2 black coffee with one sweetner.
l: mim toasted and sliced into four with butter and pâté.
d: roast chicken with either stuffed mushroom or baked asparagus.

Haha yes he's very thoughtful but he's also thinking of himself - he wouldn't want to stand in the way of a hormonal lady in search of chocolate!! Xx

LMAO love it! But he does sound like a very considerate bloke, well done you! :)

I don't have too much trouble with the old polyols in terms of tummy upset either (except for Thorntons, hugely painful :() - and it's so hard not to eat non s/f choc especially when you come across something that's "legal".

I might get the peppermint syrup too, love minty stuff :)

Well ha ha to my preachy self - ate a bar today in the throes of extreme sweet-craving. I really really need to carry more legal snacks around with me or eat more breakfast. So enjoy JG! :)

LMAO love it! But he does sound like a very considerate bloke, well done you! :)

I don't have too much trouble with the old polyols in terms of tummy upset either (except for Thorntons, hugely painful :() - and it's so hard not to eat non s/f choc especially when you come across something that's "legal".

I might get the peppermint syrup too, love minty stuff :)

He is lol i'm very lucky and he puts up with a lot from me but on the other hand he is a typical man and some days I could cheerfully kill him! We met online so I always say I ordered him off the Internet and if he doesn't behave I'll send him back for a refund lol!

Yeah i have heard of a lot of people having issues with the thorntons sf stuff - Strangely it has no effect on me whatsoever - (I think I must have a cast iron stomach) - which is lucky because their sf peppermint creams are to die for - We have an outlet village about 1/2 mile down the road and there's a thorntons shop where they sell the factory seconds for 1/2 price - very very dangerous place lol!

OMG Susie, I just made a soya peppermint latte with my new syrup - it was sooooooooooooo good. Even beats Starbucks!
Xx

Well ha ha to my preachy self - ate a bar today in the throes of extreme sweet-craving. I really really need to carry more legal snacks around with me or eat more breakfast. So enjoy JG! :)

Lol it happens to us all - my bag is always stuffed with snacks xx

What do you carry JG? Hate scratchings, can carry nuts, but everything else I can think of has to be kept cold, and my handbag is definitely not cold enough. I think the cure for several illness may actually be living at the bottom too. :D

I do carry scratchings but I get some in a white bag that look a bit like meaty quavers lol - I can't bear the thought of the hairy ones lol otherwise babybels, peperami's, cheese and ham sticks, occasionally a bag of fridge raiders if I'm desperate x x

Back