Jonsgirl's Atkins daily blah blah

Hi lovely ladies, hope you are having a good day?

today has been good, TOTM has finally buggered off along with a few buckets of water off my hips and I feel much slimmer and trimmer today. Now that i have a dressing table i have a large mirror in the bedroom that i can see while i am dressing so this morning while i was prancing around in my pants ( horrible mental image I know - sorry! ) I noticed two things - I was able to comfortably fasten my bra on the middle hook - when I started this six weeks ago my bra was on the last hook and even that was straining and cutting into me so much so that I had to remove it and change into a sports bra every day as soon as I got home and it was leaving big red marks on my sides.

secondly (and sorry if TMI) but the waistband of my knickers is now sitting on my hips and my baby pouch is inside them - previously my belly has been so huge that it was causing my pants to roll down under my belly like I was pregnant. It's such a little thing and nobody sees it except me but I'm absolutely thrilled because this is a sure sign that I am slimmer. I can now see a little bit of a waist instead of just rolls of fat.

Busy day today with three clients - normally I stick to just one per day if I can because of the travelling involved but I'm so busy at the moment that I'm now booking people in four to five weeks in advance and every day is fully booked. I want to try to fit everyone in before end of October so I can take half term week off and not have people waiting too long but this means I have to start doubling up on appointments. Of course they all took longer than expected and feel like I've been chasing my tail all day. The second client was a lady I've seen a few times and done a lot of work with and today she gave me a bottle of wine and a thank you card - which is so lovely of her and completely unexpected. I will donate the wine to the local support group for their Xmas raffle so the charity will benefit from it instead of me but nevertheless it was a lovely gesture from her.

Arrived home to a letter from the hospital saying that hubby's genetic tests have come back normal so that means we can try to have a biological child of our own using IVF ( otherwise we would have had to use a donor ) they have now put hubby on the waiting list for his surgery so things are finally moving on and we could be going ahead in a few months if they are happy with my weight!

Foodwise I still have no appetite - this is hard for me as I love my food ( one of the reasons I like Atkins so much)
Hardly eaten today and this has to change or my metabolism will grind to a halt like it did last time. Just not sure how best to deal with it really.

B: black coffee with one sweetner.
l: one leftover kofte from yesterday with some mayo.
d: roast chicken and a little broccoli cheese.

hope you're all having good days xx

It goes to show how amazing you are!! And to donate the wine such a lovely thought. Loving the nsv suck a massive thing!! I know I have not had any clothes wise as yet!! But I was prob resisting getting the next size up for a good few stone! X

Oh JG what a wonderful post, cheered me right up - and it's never tmi about clothes fitting better, hun, just so great to read about your progress :D

And such heartening news about your hubby and the possibility of kids together, I am chuffed for you!

Don't worry about the appetite too much, you know it waxes and wanes with low carb xxx

It goes to show how amazing you are!! And to donate the wine such a lovely thought. Loving the nsv suck a massive thing!! I know I have not had any clothes wise as yet!! But I was prob resisting getting the next size up for a good few stone! X

Awww thanks meg! I know what you mean I was bulging out of my size 18's for so long because i was putting off buying the next size up because i was always "going to" lose the weight but I was really uncomfortable all the time because everything was so tight. I do still wear a lot of the same clothes but now they fit comfortably or are loose. Xx

Oh JG what a wonderful post, cheered me right up - and it's never tmi about clothes fitting better, hun, just so great to read about your progress :D

And such heartening news about your hubby and the possibility of kids together, I am chuffed for you!

Don't worry about the appetite too much, you know it waxes and wanes with low carb xxx

Thanks Susie,

it is fantastic news about hubby's tests - although honestly we want another child so much that if we did have to use a donor we would and it wouldn't affect the way either of us felt about the child. I met hubby as a single mum when Jacob was 6 months old so he is not hubby's child genetically but hubby is his daddy in every way that matters. Jacob bears my hubby's surname and we are looking into the possibility of hubby legally adopting him. Being a daddy is about so much more than making a baby and I feel very blessed to have a husband who loves my child as if he were his own.

Of course If it is possible I would like to give hubby the opportunity to have his own biological children but we'd rather have a donor child than none at all.

The loss of appetite does tend to happen to me when I'm in ketosis - like most others i have days when im not really hungry and days when i could eat my own body weight in meat. I'm only concerned because last time I did Atkins I lost my appetite for a long time which was great for a week or so but after that it went the other way and I stalled for over a month because I just wasn't eating enough. I also felt shocking so it's something I will keep an eye on xx

Congratulations on the hubby test, it's really great news and one hurdle less! You so much deserve this.
I am loosing as well, but very slow, so just in case started to research abroad IVF options as really determined to get pregnant by the end of the year. My doctor here was really rude last time like it took her dad 2 months to drop 16 kg surely I can loose 10 effortlessly. Why on earth everyone thinking that we are not trying...!

Eat eat eat :)

That's amazing news about the test results x thing are looking up yay x

And I giggled at the knickers and shouted at the phone sayin... Yes that's me that's me haha

Congratulations on the hubby test, it's really great news and one hurdle less! You so much deserve this.
I am loosing as well, but very slow, so just in case started to research abroad IVF options as really determined to get pregnant by the end of the year. My doctor here was really rude last time like it took her dad 2 months to drop 16 kg surely I can loose 10 effortlessly. Why on earth everyone thinking that we are not trying...!

Awww Galathea that's awful - I don't know why these doctors have to be so unpleasant - they act as if we can lose weight just because we wish to - if only it were so easy everyone would be a size 8! In reality the stress of wanting it so badly probably just makes it so much harder. Xx

Great nsv with the knickers, I know how you feel! Fantastic news about hubby too, so happy for you both. Why is it that the health 'professionals' treat people who are struggling to get pregnant like they less deserving? Surely you are the ones who need the most understanding reassurance and support? I hope the very best for your journey JG, hugs x

I know Toni, it's really upsetting at times because it means so much to us and often we get treated like dirt by the health professionals - even more insulting when you have to pay for the priveledge too! Our gp has been lovely and done a lot more than she should have but everybody else has been dismissive or downright rude to me just because I'm carrying an extra two stone - news flash that doesn't actually make me a bad person - grrrrrr!!

We need more nice doctors and more lovely nurses like meg!

Nothing much to report here today ladies - apart from my appetite is still AWOL and I'm a bit tired but then that could be because at the moment I'm up and down throughout the night to the loo getting rid of all the water I've been chugging throughout the day - but if it takes the fat with it I'll live with the inconvenience lol

i had a small slice of chicken for my lunch and I was even forcing that down. My stomach looks very flat today but I think that's because I was very bloated by TOTM last week. Although my mother told me today she could really see I'd lost weight which is unusual as she is not one to give complements so it must be true lol.

Little one has now decided on his final guest list for his party which now stands at 45 - eeeeek! it started off at about 15 but then he kept remembering people he wanted to invite and the list grew and grew lol good job I'm only doing this once!
All the invitations have now been made ( I would probably have bought some ready made ones but ohhhhhhhh no - Jacob insisted I make some - remember "mummy you can do anything" - that covers a multitude of sins doesn't it?? The things I do to make that boy happy - if you had told me a few years ago I'd be attempting to make cakes and paint murals I'd have laughed in your face lol

Anyway now that's sorted and little one is fed, watered, played with, educated and ready for bed i'm going to spend the rest of the evening attempting to re upholster a grubby pink bedroom chair i inherited with gorgeous purple fabric - so it matches my new curtains. I've never attempted anything like this before so wish me luck lol.

todays menu is pretty uninspiring.

b: black coffee with one sweetner.
l: slice of chicken and a chocolate coated sugar free marshmallow.
d: chicken curry with egg fried cauli rice. Sf lemon mousse if I can be bothered to make it up.

hope you've all had a lovely day xx

Subscribing Jonsgirl to all the diaries started in august when I was away. Great news on hubby tests. Weird feeling when your appetite goes isn't it. Hope the upholstery goes well, did you take a course? :)

Hi coffee lover - yes it's really weird because normally I could eat my own body weight in meat!

no I've not taken an upholstering course - I am doing what is commonly known as "winging it" :-D

I like taking things apart to see how they work then putting them back together again so I'm following the same principle here. It could be a disaster lol but at least I was given the chair so it didn't cost me anything if it looks rubbish xx

It's so sad to read about how badly you are made to feel by health care professionals x I would love to say I am shocked, but I have seen some shoddy attitudes!!

This birthday party sounds amazing, and so pleased he is excited by it all!! It's going to be a magical day and and he will always remember!! X

I feel my appetite has reduced, not to the extent of yours!! But then I still have days where I just stuff and stuff!!

JG so glad to hear that your OH's tests are good and that clears the way for you having a baby together. Hope that your loss of appetite is reflected in your losses this week at least.

Fingers crossed for good losses for everyone. :)

Last edited:
-3lbs on the weigh in today which I am thrilled about so I'm now below 12 stone 7 for the first time in god knows how long. 20 lbs lost in 7 weeks woop woop!!

Not much on the agenda today - hubby is taking little one to another birthday party in a few minutes sp ill have another go at upholstering my chair while I've got some peace and quiet.

Going to spend the rest of the afternoon planning our holiday for next year. :-D

hope you're all having a lovely Saturday xx

ETA - just looked at my stats and I'm halfway to my goal weight - squeeeeeee!!

Last edited:
Hey well done - result!! Well done for staying on track all these weeks xx.

Have a lovely afternoon xx

Thanks guys.

If I can stick to it and be good I am on course to be at target in December. Got a testing few weeks coming up unfortunately - a few meetings with lunch provided, little one's birthday, hubby's birthday and our wedding anniversary. Together with all of the parties, days out, nights away and eating out that goes along with those - i sense danger ahead and a severe test of willpower!!!

So today hubby took little one to a birthday party. He came home really excited to tell me about the cake the birthday boy had, which was .....an exact copy of the cake I was planning to make for my boy's party. So now it's going like I've copied the idea - what is even worse is that hubby, instead of mentioning that we were having the same cake, asked the mum how she had made it and even took loads of pictures of it to show me - so now it's going to look even more like I've just shamefully copied her idea - grrrrrrrr! I'm so annoyed with him. Why do men not think of these things??? When I told him off he just said "well make something different then" as if it was that easy - and also I've bought all of the stuff for it now :-(
he seem to think that I'm over thinking this and no one will notice but I will notice - gutted!

Back