Jonsgirl's Atkins daily blah blah

Thanks Toni,

I felt amazing in that bikini - would never have dared do that even three months ago. completely back on track today so lets see what the scales say come Saturday xx

Hi all,

nothing much to report here today other than it's my wedding anniversary!! two whole years we've been married and neither of us has strangled the other yet - its a bloomin miracle. Not done anything as we're both working - we did Our celebrating over the weekend.

Another good day today food wise - appetite is non existent - I can't be back in ketosis already can I?

Food has been limited:

b: black coffee with one sweetner.
l: small piece of chicken with some mayo.
d: chicken curry and egg fried cauli rice.

That's right and it's completely unlike me - my appetite is legend among my friends and family!

Well I'm definitely in ketosis - apart from the lack of appetite, my mouth tastes like crap - yay!

Really looking forward to a good five week run in the lead up to Xmas - I get really excited when I know I can get stuck in for a while with no interuptions and get a good loss - sad or what??

work has been crazy busy again today - got a meeting with my boss tomorrow and I think I'm in line for a bit of a telling off for working too many hours again :-( but I guess there are worse things I could get told off for.

foodwise today all I've eaten so far is half a chicken breast with some mayo - got some mince in the fridge so might make some koftes and egg wraps for my tea.

Not much to report here today just been decorating my dining room. We now have a lovely antique chest of drawers which I want to put in there - they were hubby's great aunt's and they are a lovely walnut colour, very old and should have been very beautiful. The only problem was they have been at the sister in laws house and are all battered and bruised - covered in scratches, watermarks and all the veneer was chipped - it's such as shame. She asked me if I wanted them as they were going to the tip otherwise so I rescued them and have spent the day with some coloured wax filling in all of the scratches. I have just given them a final polish with beeswax and they look amazing. I am really pleased with myself - I get so much pleasure taking something unloved and fixing it up - sad I know but I can't help it.

foodwise all has been good - still eating very little. Black coffee as usual for breakfast, three slices of salami for lunch and gorgeous chicken baked in mayo and garlic with egg fried cauli rice for my tea - mmmmmmmm! Might even have a little sf jelly with soya cream.

Just about to snuggle up with the hubby and watch the dr who 50th anniversary episode.

Hope you're all doing well ladies xx

Hia jonsgirl,

glad to hear you are still in the swing of things :) I totally know whAt you mean about getting excited for getting back in to it without distractions. It's a good sign!

Well life continues to trundle on here with nothing much to report.

got a bit of a telling off from my boss last week for working too hard so making much more effort this week to take some time off and cut back on my hours and its amazing how much better I feel although I have closed the office door on the biggest pile of paperwork you have ever seen (but hey, they can't have it both ways - either I do the work or I take time off - cant do both)

still getting stuck into my decorating - I'm doing both the dining room and our bedroom at the moment with the aim of getting finished by Xmas - wish me luck!! Today is payday so I've been out and treated myself to some new feather pillows, sheets and pillowcases - I'm pathetically excited about putting my new bed together and having all brand new bedding - sad I know.

Foodwise continues to be good - having chorizo style sausages and broccoli cheese for my tea - cant wait.

hoping to get a loss on the scale this Saturday - I've been STS for the past 3 weeks. Although I've had two quite carb heavy weekends and TOTM over the past 3 weeks so I'm quite impressed I managed to avoid a gain.

TOTM finally cleared off so I'm hoping it's taken some water with it and I get a whoosh this week.

Hope all is well with all of you xx

Hiya, glad to hear you're throttling off a bit on the work, like you say, they can't have both, either you work more (and they pay you) or you work less, they're happy and you don't get as much done. Hope decorating coming along nicely, would love to see before and after pics!? Here's to a good loss considering you've been in ketosis since Monday, you'll be grand!

What is chorizo style sausages and where did you get em? Were they nice, would you recommend? Hope you're having a nice day x

Thanks Toni,

i feel much more relaxed in the last few days but I know have a massive pile of work to do which is going to start stressing me out soon as i feel its hanging over me. They are worried about me burning myself out by working to hard but unfortunately I am so busy I can't fit it all into my normal hours - it would be nice to do the extra hours I need to and get paid for them but it's not going to happen ( I work for a charity ) I'm allowed to take back all the time I am owed but again it is hard to fit in some time off. I manage half an hour here and there but I don't feel like I benefit from that at all. Hey ho it is what it is - as I've been told to work less, whatever doesn't get done will have to wait. I have a fortnight off at Christmas so I can have a good rest then - cant wait!

decorating is progressing slowly but I will get some pics up when it's a bit more finished. Hoping to wallpaper my dining room on Sunday -so that will be a big job done.

chorizo style sausages are normal pork sausages with chorizo in them I got them from tesco's, they're new in their finest range - I wasn't sure about them when I bought them but they were very very nice. 0.9 carbs for two sausages I think, highly recommended xx

Hello lovely - congrats on the anniversary, the furniture repairs and the house shopping :)

I also hear you on the work hours, my boss is always saying I need to reign it in - so haven't switched work emails back on my phone yet, and it's really quite liberating! :D

Hi all,

just got in from a full on day. Been up to Huddersfield to see hubby's great aunt who is 90 today so we had a little tea party for her at the home where she lives and then all went back to his cousins for a get together. It was good to see them all as we've not got together since summer but I'm shattered.

weighed in this morning and I'm another pound down. Not much but it means I am now into the 11's!!!!
I'm absolutely thrilled as this is a major milestone for me. And Only one more pound to go till I can say I've lost two stone so fingers crossed for a good result this week.

Also yesterday I was going through an old handbag and found the measurements for my wedding dress. Measured myself and unbelievably I have already lost 9.5 inches off my waist!! I only need to lose another inch and it will fit me perfectly.

All in all a very good day. Hope your all doing well xx

Sounds lovely tea party for your oh great aunt! And congrats on losing another pound and all those inches, wowowow JG, you kick @ss at Atkins! You're a real inspiration as you've been doing it for such a short time and doing it while living, ie your son's birthday meal out, your anniversary weekend, etc. Go you! x

chest of drawers sounds beautiful, so nice it's been rescued and restored lovingly. Well done on getting to the 11's and all the inch loss. :)

Sounds lovely tea party for your oh great aunt! And congrats on losing another pound and all those inches, wowowow JG, you kick @ss at Atkins! You're a real inspiration as you've been doing it for such a short time and doing it while living, ie your son's birthday meal out, your anniversary weekend, etc. Go you! x

Thanks Toni,

Yeah she had a lovely day i think bless her but it was a bit much for her in the end as all of the kids came (all boys so you can imagine the noise lol )

as far as doing atkins while living well its a case of needs must really - life happens and the world in general is so reliant on carbs that theyre just everywhere. You cant be good all the time so i'm just good as much as i can be. it helps that i really love this WOE - I love cheese and cream and meat and all those things they always say will make us fat - and am (hopefully!) committed to doing this in the long term rather than as a "quick fix" diet.

i would really like to say i have lost two stone by Xmas that would make me really happy and it's only another pound but I've got all the Xmas parties etc coming up so we will see!

Well life continues to plod on here. Working. Decorating. Working some more. And so on and so on.

the weather is very bad here gale force winds and some flooding - went out and about today but there were lots of trees down blocking the roads and the car was being blown all over the road - it was really scary!!

got home to find the wind had dislodged several tiles from my roof so I've got the roofer coming tomorrow - no doubt to assist me in draining my bank balance yet further - just what you need at this time of the year!

Foodwise all is good although had a couple of takeaways as I've been up late decorating and being too tired to cook - I have chicken kebab and salad though so fairly legal.

Hope your all winning :) xx

Hi sweetie - hope the roof is all fixed now, holes in the ceiling are the last thing you need in this rotten weather!

Can't wait to hear about your decorating :)

Thanks Susie,

no not fixed yet - roofer has made it safe so no more tiles come off as they were falling to the ground and smashing on the road - we had to cordon off the street so nobody got injured!

He couldn't do any more yet as its going through the insurance as its likely to be mega bucks so he can't touch it further until they agree that they are going to pay for it - luckily it's in such a place that's not likely to leak he says so that's something! Xx

Back