Jo's Juddd diary 2012

i love the name Evie,i wanted my daughter to call her little girl that,but Ellie is just as special.
poor poor boys:( i do hope they get better soon.
hope the cupcakes turn out good.:)
xx

@Mel, he has always been a thoughtful boy lol xx, he is fine now thank goodness really don't know where that came from? Hope you are having a good day x
@Rhyannasmum, its their last day tomorrow half of me is dreading it , half of me is looking forward to the less structured days, hope your day is going well x

Spent most of the morning waiting to see the GP, my DS 6 has a nasty chest infection and he has a bad wheeze so due to our family history she has given us an inhaler for him, he seems fine in himself though so I don't think its Asthma just the effect of the nasty infection, hoping so anyway .
@slimmerwithin of course you can they are heavenly, the method is different to any other cake I have made but it works,

120g of Plain flour
140g caster sugar
40g of butter (if using unsalted butter add a pinch of salt, I use slightly salted butter so ommit the salt)
11/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 egg
120mls milk
1/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract is best essence will do

Preheat oven to 150 c (fan oven) 170 c normal oven
Line bun tray with Cupcake cases (this makes 10 - 12 depending on the size of the case)
Put all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl - flour, sugar, baking powder and add butter (make sure its soft), mix with a hand or stand mixer until it looks like fine breadcrumbs. Add half of the milk and mix until blended it will be thick and sticky, add the egg to the remaining milk and whisk until lighter in colour. then add the remaining milk to the mixture, add the vanilla and mix until light and fluffy, you can add more milk if necessary.
Spoon into cases until about 2thirds full and bake for 20 mins.

For Buttercream topping
250g icing sugar
80g butter
2 tbsp milk
couple of drops of vanilla

Make sure the butter is softened add the icing sugar slowly mixing all the while add milk and whisk until light and fluffy, I tend to be generous with my buttercream so I tend to add more icing sugar and a little more milk, if you are going to pipe the icing on make sure its fairly stiff so it holds its shape. Decorate how you like and last of all enjoy x

Chocolate Cupcakes are to die for if you are a Chocolate lover (like me), the only difference is that the plain flour is 100g and add 2 heaped tablepoons of cocoa powder (I use bourneville) To make chocolate icing add 2 heaped tablespoons to the icing mix.

Let me know how you get on x Any questions ask away x

Last edited:
roosnanny said:
it looks lovely,and really wonderful news about the twins.
internet sorted would be great,and i've heard today that summers commming. :D

To quote Jo, mainland Europe's had the monopoly on that too long!!!!!

20 lost : 47 to goal

But to take sky you still need a functioning bt line, I haven't been with virgin but was with their predescesor NTL, I hated it, the link would break loads and the box would freeze etc. saying that it was 8yrs ago so you would imagine its improved loads.

A friend has the virgin TiVo and loves it, but she's never had sky so can't compare. They seem to have a much bigger anytime selection than sky

Hi Jo! Hope ur well and the kid are better. Just popped in to say have a great day :)

But to take sky you still need a functioning bt line, I haven't been with virgin but was with their predescesor NTL, I hated it, the link would break loads and the box would freeze etc. saying that it was 8yrs ago so you would imagine its improved loads.

A friend has the virgin TiVo and loves it, but she's never had sky so can't compare. They seem to have a much bigger anytime selection than sky

@Pingu, morning hope you have a great day too x

We have Sky at present , only tv though (full package) thats exactly why I am thinking of changing, because our phone line is basically knackered I was thinking of changing to Virgin to get the fibre optic lines , also our Sky box needs attention, we will have to pay to get them out/replace the box. Thats why I am thinking of changing. BUT I am so used to Sky and it will be slightly more expensive a month with Virgin to get all the channels we have now, thats why I don't know what to do ??

So last DD of the week and weigh day tomorrow, NSV for this week is my size 14 jeans (probably a generous size but hey ho) are actually starting to fall down as I walk and my Husband says they are all saggy around the bottom area, the jeans that is not me ha ha lol.

Weigh ins so far

Sat 12 5 official weight
sun ---- no weigh in
Mon 12 9 gain of 4 lbs after 2 UP
Tues 12 6 loss of 3lbs after DD
Wed 12 9 gain of 3lbs after UP
Thur 12 4 loss of 5lbs after a DD
Fri 12 7 gain of 3lbs after UP
Sat

Fingers crossed for tomorrow x Hope you all have a lovely day x

Happy Friday.

If you call Sky and tell them you are going to change to another provider because you do not want to pay for a box service, etc. they'll almost always make you a deal. My friend got a new box and free movies for 6 months!

@Pingu, morning hope you have a great day too x

We have Sky at present , only tv though (full package) thats exactly why I am thinking of changing, because our phone line is basically knackered I was thinking of changing to Virgin to get the fibre optic lines , also our Sky box needs attention, we will have to pay to get them out/replace the box. Thats why I am thinking of changing. BUT I am so used to Sky and it will be slightly more expensive a month with Virgin to get all the channels we have now, thats why I don't know what to do ??

So last DD of the week and weigh day tomorrow, NSV for this week is my size 14 jeans (probably a generous size but hey ho) are actually starting to fall down as I walk and my Husband says they are all saggy around the bottom area, the jeans that is not me ha ha lol.

Weigh ins so far

Sat 12 5 official weight
sun ---- no weigh in
Mon 12 9 gain of 4 lbs after 2 UP
Tues 12 6 loss of 3lbs after DD
Wed 12 9 gain of 3lbs after UP
Thur 12 4 loss of 5lbs after a DD
Fri 12 7 gain of 3lbs after UP
Sat

Fingers crossed for tomorrow x Hope you all have a lovely day x

looking good x

Happy Friday.

If you call Sky and tell them you are going to change to another provider because you do not want to pay for a box service, etc. they'll almost always make you a deal. My friend got a new box and free movies for 6 months!

every six months sky give us half price, I kid you not! we genuinely keep foning them up as soon as we pay full price to cancel n move to freeview, we hardly watch anything anyway and everytime we fone them they give us another 6 months half price! we cannot justify full price as we do not watch much telly, but half price is ok lol x

Hope you're ok lovely Jo!

Sorry to hear about your children- I hope that they're better and that you're less tired!

I have Virgin TiVo! I left sky after horrendous broadband and I really like virgin I think they're excellent- just wish I could get sky Atlantic to watch the borgias and other great programmes!

We got a deal that included a free box in another room which is excellent and the Internet is so fast :) love it!

Your weigh ins are looking great! I'm sure you'll do fabulous tomorrow- I also can't look at the recipes for cupcakes! I don't like cupcakes but I love buttercream/icing ;)

Will catch up with you later!

Ruth
X

Hi all and thanks for your replies, reasons for wanting to move to Virgin,
Knackered phone line that we will have to put right
Sky box thats needs attention again we will have to pay for.
Sky being adamant that I have to pay an extra £10 a month for a multiroom box (long story but I managed to get an offer of free extra box, free subsription to multiroom for a yr, just as we were going to finalise Evie cut us off grrrr , rang back up explained what I had been offered but that advisor was insistant that he couldn't offer the same, asked to get rid of sports and he knocked £10 off our subscription)

Reasons for not wanting to change
Sky Atlantic can't live without next series of Game of Thrones or Boardwalk Empire ( But can you get sky anytime on Tivo as they are always on Anytime??)
We are used to Sky, hate hate hate change.
OH doesn't want the hassle and is adamant they have to dig up his precious garden is this true? We are in an 'enabled' area
We would lose SKY Go, Son has Sky in his room via his xbox and xbox live subscription.

Really don't know what to do, should I just go to Virgin for phoneline, but then there is still the faulty Sky box arghhhh . I don't know what to do.

Anyway back on planet Juddd, DD going well, last day for kids at School but then its only my DD in school as the other 2 are unwell, but hopefully seem better today. Just coffe and Tea for me today, will try and get more water down soon, and then fingers crossed for a loss tomorrow, feeling positive going by my daily weighs but sods law and all that so fingers crossed xx

Hiya hun I'm with virgin and my broadband plays up a lot, I guess it all depends on ur area etc.

My contract will be up soon I was going to have that Bt vision but I'm not sure hmmm!!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ooooh, not heard great things about bt vision steph

Yes virgin will have to lift some of your garden, we had the front of our old house tarmaced for a driveway and they had to do a big line up it up the house!

Oh dear lol there probably like talk talk, they was horrendous for us!! Xxx

stef2009 said:
Hiya hun I'm with virgin and my broadband plays up a lot, I guess it all depends on ur area etc.

My contract will be up soon I was going to have that Bt vision but I'm not sure hmmm!!! Xxx

BT VISION is expensive.

Thanks all x
I had an online 'chat' with a Virgin advisor and am going to chat to Hubbie tonight, I wouldn't leave sky if it wasn't for the dodgy sky box and the bt line being knackered but Virgin seems to be the answer at the moment ?
On a positive note Summer is here :D, OH is mornings next week so we can be down the beach by 2.30 every day if we want (will try and limit to my UP days though ha ha) the 7 day forecast for us is looking really good so excited xx

Haha don't u just hate predictive txt!!!

Woohooo to the beach!!! Wish we lived near one!!!

Is it suppose to be good weather next week then? Xx

Back