Jo's Juddd diary 2012

Yep, never seen them before thats why I picked one up, will let you know how it tastes later x

Well the Alpen bar was yummy, fairly small but then it was only 70 cals, I enjoyed it with a teatime cuppa.

Kind of come to the conclusion over the past few days, probably because there are so many people now following an ADF plan not like the days when there was just Me, Sam and Karen following it lol , that Juddd or ADF whatever you wish to call it is def a very individual diet. By that I mean I am now realising that what works so well for me may not work so well for the next person. When I say works so well I don't mean in the sense that I have lost copious amounts of weight, to be honest the actual weight loss is becoming sidelined in importance as I am not so bothered about what the scales say as my body is shrinking so much faster than the scales are showing. What I mean by So well is that I am 18 weeks in and it has never once crossed my mind to 'stop the bus and get off' lol I have never failed to do a DD, I even woke up this morning having to think what day today was. I know I will get to goal whether it takes me till Christmas or till Easter, I look so much better than when I started and so much smaller than my actual weight . However because I feel so good and I love this diet so much I want it to work for everyone and I want everyone to enjoy their UP s as much as I do etc. I think I have finally realised thats not going to happen and need to be content to do Juddd my way and leave others to do it their way, gosh I am being philosophical but I think most of you will know what I mean . So I am going to stop trying to get others to do it my way and let them do it their way, I don't always know whats best for others although I like to think so lol x
So on that note I am off to bed happily hungry after a good DD, dreaming of My wholemeal toast and butter that I will have for my breakfast yummy. See you all tomorrow xx

Here here jo, perfect post!
I came to the realisation myself that the '1 size fits all' formula is a great way to get started, and then its about tayloring the diet to suit you and your lifestyle. I think thats actually one of the thigs that makes this diet stand out from others, youcan do it loads of different ways and still it works-miraculous!

Xx

Well put Jo,
It was after reading your diary on here and reading the juddd low carb forum that I decided to give this diet a go, I was originaly going to give it a month n if I failed(again) I'd go back to sw, but after 3weeks(weigh day tomorrow) and only losing 0.5lb, iv decided this is perfect for me, I'm on a diet 3days a week the other days I eat what ever I want, like you iv had up up n away days, the scales so far have not been kind but my clothes are not so tight, but if it wasn't for your diary and words of advice to others I might still be on the path of good day bad day...I Thankyou :)

Hi Jo -- Great post today.

I'm in Holland at Centre Parcs with my DH, DD and her friend. When I get back, I have a day and half to get sorted (including DD to start school on Tuesday the 4th) because I fly out on the 3rd for a Mother's Mental Health Trip. The MMHT was planned ages ago -- then I had the family emergency and had to go to the States for three weeks, then I get back and need to sort something for family summer holiday. So, I'll have only slept in my own bed one week out of five (total days). Whew!

Kind of come to the conclusion over the past few days, probably because there are so many people now following an ADF plan not like the days when there was just Me, Sam and Karen following it lol , that Juddd or ADF whatever you wish to call it is def a very individual diet. By that I mean I am now realising that what works so well for me may not work so well for the next person. When I say works so well I don't mean in the sense that I have lost copious amounts of weight, to be honest the actual weight loss is becoming sidelined in importance as I am not so bothered about what the scales say as my body is shrinking so much faster than the scales are showing. What I mean by So well is that I am 18 weeks in and it has never once crossed my mind to 'stop the bus and get off' lol I have never failed to do a DD, I even woke up this morning having to think what day today was. I know I will get to goal whether it takes me till Christmas or till Easter, I look so much better than when I started and so much smaller than my actual weight . However because I feel so good and I love this diet so much I want it to work for everyone and I want everyone to enjoy their UP s as much as I do etc. I think I have finally realised thats not going to happen and need to be content to do Juddd my way and leave others to do it their way, gosh I am being philosophical but I think most of you will know what I mean . So I am going to stop trying to get others to do it my way and let them do it their way, I don't always know whats best for others although I like to think so lol x
So on that note I am off to bed happily hungry after a good DD, dreaming of My wholemeal toast and butter that I will have for my breakfast yummy. See you all tomorrow xx

Lovely post Jo. I think you are very right about people finding their own way with this way of eating. I'm still figuring it out and what works best for me. I also love the way you can see past those numbers on the scales. A good positive message to all of us.

Thank you all for your lovely replies x
Oh Mel I am exhausted just reading your post, hopefully you will get back to normal soon and be able to concentrate on you xx
Okay UP day today but its my Sons 16th Birthday tomorrow and we are still undecided what to do, we were going to have a family BBQ/Party Sat but the garden is still sodden so maybe not such a good idea, My Son typically has no clue what he wants to do, so for now plans are cake and his favourite roast tomorrow, then meal out ? BBQ Sat. So I am in a quandry today I will not weigh in this week as Sat is my weigh in day but it looks like Fri is going to be an UP day now so as I havent weighed at all this week I will leave it till next sat. I will try and keep today under control as Sat will need to be an UP too so potentially 3 UP days in a row. If thats what happens I will do 2 DD 's sun and Mon to try and make amends. I can't believe I hadn't accounted for this weekend before this morning !! I would say I was going going to do an IM day today but for some reason haven't been able to do one of those yet??? I am def an all or nothing girl lol x

It's your diaries and enthusiasm that got a lot of people started here - and kept them going - so don't start doubting your advice. You gave it from your heart and practical real life experience. You've never been preachy and nowhere have you said, if you do what I do it will work for you. At least I've never read it like that. Even for yourself there's not been a hard and fast way of doing it so that's encouraging to others. You've mixed it up to find what works best for you and that's what message comes across.

Also, you've stressed that JUDDDD isn't a quick fix faddy diet which is important for the success of it.

You're sort of our Judddd ambassador. So no pressure. ?

;op

It's your diaries and enthusiasm that got a lot of people started here - and kept them going - so don't start doubting your advice. You gave it from your heart and practical real life experience. You've never been preachy and nowhere have you said, if you do what I do it will work for you. At least I've never read it like that. Even for yourself there's not been a hard and fast way of doing it so that's encouraging to others. You've mixed it up to find what works best for you and that's what message comes across.

Also, you've stressed that JUDDDD isn't a quick fix faddy diet which is important for the success of it.

;op

Very well put!!

hannata said:
from my experience, IMs are ok to replace a down day. But if you replace an up with an IM, and have to do a DD the next day its very difficult! I definitely find that I suffer badly with migraines/general crappiness if I havent "fuelled" myself properly for a DD. x

Totally agree! If i had stuck to an ID yest as planned (instead i did an UD) i would no way make it through today! X

;op

Very well put!!

Seconded! :D

P x

Awww thanks girls, its just that I have been encouraging people to Up their cals when they are not , in my view that is, eating enough, but maybe its enough for them? I would hate to be the cause of someone gaining or STS just because something works for me. I will never lose my enthusiasm for it as it has changed my life and I can't ever see me eating any other way its just that sometimes I think I come across , well lets just say not as I intended. I will continue to give advice if asked but I think trial and error for everyone works best and maybe thats the best advice??

@hanatta, I can't do IM 's have tried countless times but they always end up as UP s, I have done 2 DD s together once before and I was fine, if I tell myself I am on a DD then I won't sway from it however if I tell myself that its an IM then it ends up as an UP , I just can't do inbetween ?? Will keep today as an UP just try and be restrained, then I will try to not eat tomorrow until roast dinnertime, which will be about 6-7pm, won't have cake etc just the dinner, then try and be restarined Sat daytime maybe till 6pm again and then just have the BBq or meal out, then Sun will have to be DD along with Mon to bring me back into my pattern, thats my plan for now anyway lol x

@hanatta, I can't do IM 's have tried countless times but they always end up as UP s, I have done 2 DD s together once before and I was fine, if I tell myself I am on a DD then I won't sway from it however if I tell myself that its an IM then it ends up as an UP , I just can't do inbetween ?? Will keep today as an UP just try and be restrained, then I will try to not eat tomorrow until roast dinnertime, which will be about 6-7pm, won't have cake etc just the dinner, then try and be restarined Sat daytime maybe till 6pm again and then just have the BBq or meal out, then Sun will have to be DD along with Mon to bring me back into my pattern, thats my plan for now anyway lol x

Well that's clear then .....! ;)

P x

Well today is supposed to be a DD but as its my eldest 16th Birthday not sure what it will turn into ? I can have some cake tomorrow its the roast I am making for his fave tea thats going to throw me, don't want to be a party pooper and not eat but I don't really want 3 UP s either? So lets wait and see. I could just go with the flow and get back on it Mon seeing as Juddd is part of my life now I don't think its going to make much difference in the great scheme of things, and I am not weighing this week anyway right I am going to stop rambling now and going to enjoy my boys Birthday, see you all tomorow, hope you all have a good day x

Awww thanks girls, its just that I have been encouraging people to Up their cals when they are not , in my view that is, eating enough, but maybe its enough for them? I would hate to be the cause of someone gaining or STS just because something works for me. I will never lose my enthusiasm for it as it has changed my life and I can't ever see me eating any other way its just that sometimes I think I come across , well lets just say not as I intended. I will continue to give advice if asked but I think trial and error for everyone works best and maybe thats the best advice??

Yeah I know what you mean. The only time I'd ever do an int is if I had dinner plans that i couldn't get out of. Would do a regular DD until the meal. Then the calories would work out roughly to an int, but I'd still have the mental focus of a DD. Don't think I could set out to have an int because it rings back to my days of dieting and thats not the point of this plan :)

Back