Jo's Juddd diary 2012

I found that for a while too, that eating set my hunger pangs off, I may incorporate a Double DD for the next couple of weeks just to get past this obstinate 12 1 , I know its not advised in the Juddd book but as that was part of the plan in the programme then I can't see it doiung too much harm, not as a long term thing just to get me past trhis blinkin plateau. I want to change my stats and change my challenge figures lol x Can't complain about the NSV s though, still seeing those just wish the blinkin scales would catch up x Have a good day Linda x

bajoleth said:
I found that for a while too, that eating set my hunger pangs off, I may incorporate a Double DD for the next couple of weeks just to get past this obstinate 12 1 , I know its not advised in the Juddd book but as that was part of the plan in the programme then I can't see it doiung too much harm, not as a long term thing just to get me past trhis blinkin plateau. I want to change my stats and change my challenge figures lol x Can't complain about the NSV s though, still seeing those just wish the blinkin scales would catch up x Have a good day Linda x

It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

Yep, I always like to look at the little changes I make as an experiment, if they work great if not then its back to basics xx

bajoleth said:
Yep, I always like to look at the little changes I make as an experiment, if they work great if not then its back to basics xx

What do you have to lose? (hee hee)

it's all about how you feel.. ;)

I tried to drink just water or coffee yesterday.. then got really hungry & had dried fruit.. set my hunger/cravings off & it didn't work out how I planned..but gonna try again Thursday & just have an evening meal!

I wonder if your DDD will work, I am tempted because Sundays are a DD struggle for me, and I find I'm okay to work out (I usually do on a Monday or Tuesday..) on my own even if I'm fasting..

hey jo, i usually do 2 DDs a week as my weight is more stubborn coming off now im nearing goal. it does work for me as i always lose 1lb after each DD so in a way its cheating the system but it has helped me get results so far. im sure it'll help you get past 12.1 too and hopefully you'll be in the 11s soon with a little help from the double DDs :) x

hey jo, i usually do 2 DDs a week as my weight is more stubborn coming off now im nearing goal. it does work for me as i always lose 1lb after each DD so in a way its cheating the system but it has helped me get results so far. im sure it'll help you get past 12.1 too and hopefully you'll be in the 11s soon with a little help from the double DDs :) x

How does your week work out, like DD UP wise? :D

How does your week work out, like DD UP wise? :D

lol i meant 2 double DDs! the week is usually UD, DD, UD, DD, UD, DD, DD so that i have my double DDs right before my weigh in day :D so really its the opposite to most people who are on 4 ups, 3 downs as i have 3 ups, 4 downs with 2 downs together x

Ah thanks! I wanted to try double down days but wasn't sure how it would work out!

yes they do work for me as mine always give me a loss of 1lb as long as my cals stay in between 500-600 so i like the fact i can drop 2lbs in 2 days! my ups can vary, if i have a big up day with naughty food, they usually give me a 2-3lbs gain but if i have a normal day of say 1700 cals then i usually stay the same. the frustrating thing is the DDs always produce 1lb loss even if i've had a big gain so sometimes it takes longer to balance back. thats why i introduced the double DDs :)

they can be hard but i find the 2nd DD is easier, maybe because i have it before a weigh in day which i usually plan as an up after weighing in the morning! x

Thats interesting Lumpy, I usually lose all I have gained during my 2 UPs after my first DD but have been finding lately I then lose and gain the same 1lb so what I really need is just to stop gaining that extra 1lb then in theory I should be down ???? I am still losing 'size' so not worried about the plan not working just can't understand why the scales are not cooperating, its got a bit like a battle of wills now between me and the scales and I will get them to show me 11 something very soon or I am trading them in lol .
I love my 2 UPs and thats what makes Juddd a lifetime diet for me so although common sense tells me to go down to 1 UP on the weekend I know I will fail, but DD s I find no problem in the week, so I havent worked out any sort of pattern yet but think for the next couple of weeks I will be doing 2 DD s and see what happens ?

I too find ddd easy in the week but like 2 ud at weekend. I managed a ddd fine this week. I've been thinking of doing dd Monday and Tuesday, ud wed, then two more dd on Thursday and Friday to enable 2 up at weekend. Guess it's trial and error. Any thoughts? X

i think its just trial and error, jo you have done fantastically well on juddd so far but maybe, same as any other diet, you need to shake things up a little to get yourself inot the 11s. our bodies do get used to patterns, regardless of the fact that we are tricking our bodies with the calorie swing every other day so maybe doing double DDs for a couple of weeks then reverting back may help. hope it works for you, let me know how u get on!! xx

I am joining the DDD club tomoz and fri as todays DD turned in to an up due to me feekig realy light headed and crap basically! Here's hoping i can do as well as u jo, and the others who manage. 1 is normally a b***er but i shall give it a go! X

I too find ddd easy in the week but like 2 ud at weekend. I managed a ddd fine this week. I've been thinking of doing dd Monday and Tuesday, ud wed, then two more dd on Thursday and Friday to enable 2 up at weekend. Guess it's trial and error. Any thoughts? X
I am thinking this pattern too, only short term, like lumpy says I think my body is getting complacent. I can't really work 2 DD s into my plan without messing up my UP pattern on the weekend. so I too was thinking DD mon,tue,thurs,fri and UP weds Sat Sun. I don't find DD s difficult as a rule so I am going to try that for 2 weeks and see what happens. I am really happy with the way Juddd is changing my body and don't want to jeapordise that so will only do 2 in a row because it said it was OK in that programme. What I do want is to get into the overweight catergory on the BMI range at the moment I am still Obese, which is honestly quite insane but the fact remains that according to the blimmin BMI I am Obese, that is why I want my weight to continue downwards as well as my body size.

Sat 12 1 official weight STS
Sun -- no weigh in
Mon 12 5 after 2 UPs
Tues 12 3 after DD loss of 2lbs really small loss for my 1st DD usually more ??
weds 12 1 after DD loss of 2lbs back to official weight
Thurs 12 2 after UP gain of 1lb
Fri

Tomorrow is my official weigh in this week as Fri is an UP as we are going to the Fair and that means lots of sickly food,warm honey cashews yum yum and then a Chinese to come home with, our family tradition as the Fair only arrives once a year , it was given official charter status over 700 yrs ago !!! Very different these days but lots of fun all the same x
Anyway , I need to lose at least 2lbs after todays DD to see a loss so fingers crossed , have a good day all x

Last edited:
I am joining the DDD club tomoz and fri as todays DD turned in to an up due to me feekig realy light headed and crap basically! Here's hoping i can do as well as u jo, and the others who manage. 1 is normally a b***er but i shall give it a go! X

You will be fine, just make sure you eat your 500 cals each day that will make it easier and if you go a bit over don't worry xx

You will be fine, just make sure you eat your 500 cals each day that will make it easier and if you go a bit over don't worry xx

yes i tend to go over when im on double DDs, either on the first or second so i usually have around 650 for one then try and stay at 500 for the other, it does make the doubles much easier that way! x

Oh to be overweight with you!!! :( will be obese until at least Halloween
Oh don't worry I will obese for a while yet lol, just need to lose the pounds as well as the inches to be able to get to overweight lol x

:D Yes I am in the 11's, 11 13 this morning with an official loss of 2lbs this week :wee: . Won't weigh now till monday morning as I now have an UP today as we are off to the fair tonight and a takeaway on the way home , I am attempting an IM on Sat , never achieved one yet lol and then an UP for my niece and nephews christening on Sun, they were born 13 weeks prem so it will be a very special day , they are now 5 mths old and weigh over 10 lbs so doing really well xx
So I am going to then do 2 DD m,t a lovely UP weds then DD 's t, f so that way I should maintain my loss. Have a good day all xx

Sat 12 1 official weight STS
Sun -- no weigh in
Mon 12 5 after 2 UPs
Tues 12 3 after DD loss of 2lbs really small loss for my 1st DD usually more ??
weds 12 1 after DD loss of 2lbs back to official weight
Thurs 12 2 after UP gain of 1lb
Fri 11 13 after DD loss of 3lbs Official loss of 2lbs
:D

Back