Jo's new 160k challenge

WelshJojo

Gold Member
I'd like to start a new challenge and anyone is welcome to join! I've started running again on 3rd of June and would like to keep track of how many km I'm running-as I do alot on the treadmill so it's in km not miles!!
I've chosen 160k as it's just shy of 100 miles!

Anyone is welcome to join me

Welshtigger 18.29k down~~141.71k to go

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Got up this morning and went and ran 6.48k today :D :D :D have discovered that the 5ive MegaMix is fun to run to and I realised it's over 11mins long :)

Welshtigger 31.45k down~~128.55k to go

I'll join you! Will give me the kick up the bum I need to get back to the gym and back on the treadmill!

Welshtigger 31.45k down~~128.55k to go
Leanne_127: 0k down - 160k to go

:)

Welcome Leanne! Nice to have sone company! Am on nights at the moment and normally go after work at 7am, before bed!! They dont open til 8am on Sunday and was too tired this morning to wait around! I went home and straight to bed but woke up at 12.30 so decided to get up and go to the gym!! Ive just been and done 2.8k, and now off home to go back to bed!!! Feel better for it tho-would have just ended up stressing out about it if I hadn't :) I'm a bit odd like that :(

Welshtigger 34.25k down~~125.75k to go

Can I please join you even if I'm not doing SW? x

hehe well done, I probably would've stayed in bed so you've got more will-power than me! I've got a busy couple of days ahead of me so I may not be able to get down to the gym 'til wednesday =/ but I'm gonna try for tomorrow

Well i didn't run or do anything on monday as was knackered, and then I did an hour of circuits yesterday after only 2 hours sleep!
Today however I think I made up for it, as two friends and I did an 8.5k run round the Orme-which is like headland mountain in Llandudno where I live! So stupidly chuffed it's unbelievable and we did it in just under an hour and a half :D :D

Welshtigger 42.93k down~~117.07k to go

Another 4.06k out the bag tonight :D

Welshtigger 46.99k down~~113.01k to go

I did 3.46k on the treadmill on Friday night, and then decided to go for a longer run outside last night! I started running down the cycle track near me and decided when I got to 5k that I'd best turn round as I'd have to run back! Am so chuffed! Ran all the way too! So that's another 10k to tick off! I can't believe I actually managed to run/jog a whole 10k :D Have now got less than 100k to go :) Just double checked on my GPs and I actually did 10.4k, which is even better!!!!

Welshtigger 60.85k down~~ 99.15k to go

Did the same 8.58k route round the 'Orme' in Llandudno again this morning an we knocked 10.5 mins off the time! Managed it in 80 mins :D

Welshtigger 69.43k down~~ 90.57k to go Leanne_127: 0k down - 160k to go

Bit annoyed with myself this week!! Not run since Monday, altho have valid reasons!! Tuesday I had weigh in so wanted to get a few hours kip before class, and Wednesday and Thursday I was just drained!! Mr marine is back now so focus is renewed, even tho hes still out of action! I've got the RFL on Sunday, and am away for the day tomorrow so today was my last chance to get a run in! Am staying with sister in Telford so went as a guest to her gym and just did 40 mins on the treadmill!!
Am home again Monday so hopefully do the orme again one day next week, as have only done one long run this week!

Welshtigger 74.09k down~~ 85.91k to go Leanne_127: 0k down - 160k to go

Last edited:
Well I did my RFL yesterday in a fab time of 33'52! Am gobsmacked I managed to do it that quickly, so that's another 5k to tick off!
Had a bit of an odd day today as things with mr marine have stalled a little as he's very stressed out with his divorce! So I went to the gym and ran 4.1k!!

Welshtigger 83.19k down~~ 76.81k to go OVER HALF WAY :D

Well I'm flying this week :D went for a run yesterday afternoon but my friend with me had bad shoes on so had to cut it short, only did 3.81k, so did bootcamp circuits last night aswell! Really enjoyed it, and yes it was tough, but not as bad as I'd thought!
Then this morning I decided to do my run round the 'orme' so another 8.58k-which I did on my own-and managed to do it yet another 5mins faster :)

Welshtigger 95.58k down~~ 64.42k to go :D

Well after last week's flyer, this week is really crappy!
Haven't been feeling very well tbh and only managed 3 short runs since last Wednesday's 8.5k!
I did 2.46k on a creaky old treadmill on Saturday(that was only cos I was staying in a city so didn't wanna risk running outside, Monday morning I was awake at 4.30 so went for a 3.2k(2mile)jog with my cousin at 8am, and then last night I did 2.22k. Have decided I want to concentrate on speed now-so have found a nice route by my house which is a little bit uphill but mostly flat, and have timed myself so I can no work in getting faster :)

Welshtigger 103.46k down~~ 56.54k to go :D

It's now been just over 2 weeks since I ran, and with the help and advice of Bryn(my ex-marine 'friend') I started running again on Wednesday evening. I managed to do 2.8 miles(4.52k) but was in quite a bit of pain after-but persevered and last night I did 4.4miles!(7.15k) I have now changed my app to work in miles instead of km as I feel it's better for me-psychologically lol!! So now need to work it out and add it to my list! I'm nearly there :D

Welshtigger 115.13k down ~~ 44.87k to go
which is 71.54 miles down~28.46miles to go

Last edited:
Still in a bit of pain with the breathing in, but have just managed another 2.21 miles!
I'm thinking I might join the 100mile challenge that was already going as it's boring in here on my own, and despite several people saying they would join, it's still just me!!

Welshtigger 118.69k down ~~ 41.31k to go
which is 73.75 miles down~26.25miles to go

Hey WT, just found this thread!! Well done you - you are doing amazing with your running and weight loss!! You should post some example menu's for the rest of us!!
Have you always been a runner or have you just started? I have never been able to run distance and now feel my weight is holding me back. I started the Couch to 5k a few years ago and got to about week 5 then stopped. Started again the other day but did something to my hip and it hurts when i put weight on that leg so trying to give that time to heal before I start again!!
Anyway well done again - a true inspiration!! Marine boy won't believe his eyes if you carry on at this rate!!!

Daisy-11 said:
Hey WT, just found this thread!! Well done you - you are doing amazing with your running and weight loss!! You should post some example menu's for the rest of us!!
Have you always been a runner or have you just started? I have never been able to run distance and now feel my weight is holding me back. I started the Couch to 5k a few years ago and got to about week 5 then stopped. Started again the other day but did something to my hip and it hurts when i put weight on that leg so trying to give that time to heal before I start again!!
Anyway well done again - a true inspiration!! Marine boy won't believe his eyes if you carry on at this rate!!!

Thanks Hun, just wrote you a really long PM all about my running and weightloss and then when I went to send it, it told me you can't receive PM's!! Doh x

Back