Jo's Weight Loss Diary

Ok, so I finally made it back!

I'm back! Don't know if anyone remembers me but I was rolling along very nicely there back in November last year, then some major, major things happened...reading through my diary seems so strange considering what happened probably not much more than a week after - my dad was diagnosed with throat cancer :-( Massive, massive shock, but luckily he's still here, he's responding very well to a whole ton of treatment, radiotherapy, various operations, chemo, you name it, but the tumour does seem to be shrinking and he is coping pretty well with it all. It seems to strange to look back through my diary on here and realise that was before it all happened. Some of it made me laugh though - I still haven't learnt to drive (although I have applied for my replacement driving licence so I can start lessons again, and passed a few mock theory tests online). I still get bad migraines, my OH's ex wife is still being a complete cow (and is still fatter than me, woo-hoo!) and I'm still allergic to housework!

From a diet point of view, things actually haven't been too bad, I'm roughly the same, which considering a lot of stress, christmas, new year and a holiday have passed since November, I'm pretty ok with the fact that I haven't gained any weight, even if I haven't lost it either. One major factor that I have changed is that I stopped drinking in the new year, I'll have the occasional glass of wine with a meal, but friday nights and weekends in the pub are spent drinking still mineral waters, which have made me feel a lot, lot better. Even giving up Diet Coke has made a massive difference in how my tummy feels, a lot less bloated.

Well, I hope some of you remember, am just about to look through the board some more for names I recognise, no doubt you'll all be way ahead of me now, but I won't let it get me down, I know that I can't keep on like this, the thought of yet another fat summer is really pushing me on to just keep getting through each day.

Well my new start seems to be working, feel a lot less bloated, went out for lunch with a friend yesterday to Frankie and Benny's, really hoped there would be something reasonably diet friendly - wrong! Really didn't know what to have and as most things came with chips and coleslaw, I thought the safest of bad things to have would be a
margarita pizza, as I know the bases they use are quite thin. I let my little boy have some of it and then we shared a children's fruit salad, so while I wasn't on track at all, I still made good choices rather than thinking 'stuff it!' and having the worst thing on the menu followed by a really chocolately dessert. Quite disappointed that they didn't really have any nice salads, all the ones they did have had fattening dressings or fish, which I hate! Still, the gorgeous Italian waiters very much distracted me from any guilty feelings :)

Am off to the zoo today, I know that in the restaurant there they do really nice salads, so I'll be safe there. Hope everyone has a good (if freezing cold!) day x

Back