josies atkins journey

Hey jo you are doing great! Don't worry too much about the coke zero, one isn't going to cause a stall. If they are sweetned with splenda then there is really nothing to worry about but with the other stuff it sometimes cause stalls but honestly I think you'll be fine..

no jo I'm serious ostrich burgers are good and a good way to change up on beef, chicken and fish.

Hi Jo,

yes Ostrich burgers are real love, and they taste great.

Image001_1-3.jpg

day 4

morning all,

day 4 for me and feeling good. i dont know what to have for brekkie today i think im a bit sick of bacon and eggs!!

isnt it funny how your mind is programmed to think that you should have cereal or toast for brekkie? ive got some lovely prawns in the fridge but somehow doesnt seem right having them for breakfast does it?

think im going have to have scrambled eggs with a little cheese.

im getting a new fridge frezer tomorrow and im trying to eat the content of my freezer before it comes ( not on my own i may add lol) so theres a right mixture in there, got some pork steaks which i think i may cook with spinach and a little cream for dinner mmmmm sounds very nice doesnt it?/

ive got a hospital appt today as ive been having pain in my side since dec and ct scans etc so im going to get results today , im hoping its good news! its probably down to all the diets ive done as the pain hasnt been as bad the last couple of days, anyway ill find out today so then i can relax and stop worrying about whats up with me. im a nurse and i think we nursed always think the worse( know too much haha)

well im off to have my scambled eggs , will catch up soon.

bye for now,

Jo xx

Morning Jo.. I will say that you definitely are organized and for me that was the key to doing atkins..

good luck the results I hop everything will be okay.. :)

LOL Jo,

I quite often have left overs or steak and stuff for breakfast, If I wanted prawns I'd have them. Atkins has given me a whole new outlook on food and what can be eaten when. :)

Me too, Jim!

It's changed my whole attitude to food and eating, in the very best way. I honestly don't miss refined sugar and cakes. They look wonderful but they are like poison to us in many ways. That's how I think of them, anyway. They trigger in me a mad craving I can't always fight.

I am calm around food now, most of the time. I can make good choices and not feel deprived. Wonderful.

hi there,

ive been a bit bad today as i think im worried about hospital etc, so far ive had

scrambled eggs
2 cups decaff with cream
slice if cheese
1 atkins bar 1g carbs ( is this bad ? have i spoilt it?)

i knew i shouldnt have had the bar but i just wanted to see what it tasted like and i wanted something quick before i got ready for appt, anyway its too late now ive eaten it , fingers crossed im ok with it will drink lots of water.

off to see consultant and get results , fongers crossed everyone.( ps hope he doesnt weigh me cos it will spoil my surprise on momday lol:D:D:D)

or even monday haha

bye for now

Jo xx

LOL jo, no you won't have done any damage with the bar, you might not like some of the side effects though. :)

You're doing great josie!! Good luck with your appointment today.

Word of warning.... I bought some SERO breakfast bars, caramel & Peanut flavour and they are disgusting!!! But I love the Atkins choc. chip ones.... got them in Sainsbury's too :)

day 5

hi there people,

day 5 for me and feeling hungry today for the first time this week, dont know why , could it be the bar i had yesterday?

hospital was a bit of a nitemare they still dont know why or what the pain is and i now have to have another ct scan where they inject a contrast medium for more detailed scan and then i have to hav ea laparoscopy ( where they put a camera into your belly button and have a look around) so i didnt get the news that i was hoping for but nevermind normally i would have been so worried and upset i would have headed straight to the biscuit tin and stuffed my face BUT i didnt and i was so pleased with myself:D

so far today ive had
bacon and scrambled eggs(just for a change lol)

slices of pork from deli counter

3 cups of black decaff.

undecided about dinner but it will be something with chicken i think ... any ideas??

twins have been at nursery today and my new fridge freezer came whoopeee i was so excited ( how sad am i haha), so me and oh went shopping to stock it up and it felt so weird we missed loads of aisles out in morrisons all the junk food isles which normally i would go up and down just looking ( and drooling lol) at all the cakes etc ( told you i was sad) and then i would normally talk myself into having something as a "TREAT" for being good on one of my many diets i have been on and then "wreck" my diet and eat everything i could thinking whats the point , ill start agin tomorrow !! but tomorrow always had to be a monday for some reason?????

so we came home with lots of meat, cheese, spinach ,eggs etc not a cake in sight even for the kids theyve got yoghurts and blueberries:D

i hope everyone doing ok and feeling great.

ps i bought some ketostix and was over the moon when they showed 3+ ketones ran down to show oh who was so not interested and i bit disgusted ha ha

bye for now

Jo xx

LOL Jo, I don't believe you did that, poor OH. :D

day 6

good morning all,

day 6 and this morning i just couldnt face bacon and eggs so instead i had

atkins choc chip bar
2 slices edam cheese
2 cups of black decaff

i cant believe this awful weather im sick of it if its not snowing its raining i cant remeber the last time we had a 'normal' day.
oh is a window cleaner and hasnt been able to get to work prperly for ages feel really sorry for him but he is doing my head in at the same time moaning at me about the snow etc like its my fault lol!!

dont know what im having for lunch or dinner today feel a bit disorganised for some reason:confused:

hope everyone doing well

Jo xx

hey there jo, I know the bad weather can affect your mood, trust me I know. Coming from the sunshine state in the USA. This winter has been terrible and the sad thing is it's only the beginning. I'm just hanging in here until spring comes..
bad weather and etc.. often can cause you to feell disorganized and etc..
your poor OH prob is having cabin fever and not being aboe to get otu and do something productive or that he likes and unfortunately you are the only one there he can vent with..

Try the ostrich burgers I'm telling they are yummy, just to change up your menu a bit. :)

Hi Josie
You sound very similar to me I have 4 kids including twin boys but mine are 8. Mine were mental at the age yours are they were liek a demolition tag team. If i had tried to diet then the stress would have been too much so well done you.

I loooooove Jelly too like Laura and have Atkins bars but usually have 1 instaed of a meal (not sure if thats allowed or not to be honest but it works for me. They are on 3 for 2 in Boots at the minute.

Anyway good luck keep us up to date with your progress

xx

hiya,

LOL @ emmasmum, i love your description of your twins at 2 n half THAT IS EXACTLYWHAT MINE ARE!!!!! i sometimes wonder how i cope with them it is such hard work. tell me does it get any easier??? i feel like im wishing their lives away as its so hard when they are babies , then they start crawling, then they start walking etc im finding its getting harder the older they get!! i hope they settle down abit but they are soooo cute and funny i wouldnt part with them for the world:D:D:D i cant believe that we taking them to florida in july, i must have been mad when i booked that up ha ha , hope they calm down before then imagine 9 hours on a plane OMG it doesnt bear thinking about ha ha.

well its sat night now im getting a bit excited for monday morning to get weighed thats if oh has remembered where he hid the scales lol ( will kill him if he cant haha)

my day has been so boring, pouring with rain and twins as demented as us so we just put our waterproofs on and went for a walk along the beach...it was FREEZING but they seemed to enjoy it. we got them fish and chips for their lunch and both oh and myself were not tempted even a tiny little bit to tell the truth they didnt even smell very nice!! we stopped at morrisons and he ran in an got some pork from the hot meat counter and we ate that it was yummy:)

ive just made a thai chicken curry for tea the whole thing which fed 4 of us only had 8 carbs in not bad eh?? was well pleased with it. then for my desert i had the most yummy yummy sugar free jelly with some whipped cream, it was fab:D:D

hey M, where abouts in usa you from...Florida??? i love usa , ive been florida 4 times whith older boys and me and oh have been to vegas 5 times without kids i would love to move to america and work in an emergency room!! tell me is there a web site that i can get ostrich burgers from as i told oh and he didnt believe me!!

can i please say a big thank you to everyone for all you help and support you guys are great:D:D:D

bye for now JO xx

Honestly? Different haha my 2 argue thats the worst bit everything is a competition they even argue about who was the sickest when they were born!! I guess the destruction stops I can now have ornaments etc. Mind my baby boy is now 9 months so that may not last long. Good luck for weigh in Monday

xx

day 7

morning all,

day 7 for me this week has flown, so far ive had

bacon and scrambled eggs
cup of herbal tea
cup of black decaff

going to mams for dinner today , so im just going stick to meat and cabbage with no gravy and ive made a sugar free jelly to take round for desert.

im going to be off work this week after what i was told at the hospital, as they said i need to get sorted first plus i wont think i would be able to concentrate as im concerned as to the cause of my pain and they didnt really put my mind at rest and say it was nothing to worry about. im a school nurse and 90% of my job is child protection so i have to have a clear head and i havnt at the min:sigh:

hope everyone doing well and had a good weekend, will try and get on later to let you know what delights ive had today lol:D

bye for now JO xx

Back