josies atkins journey

day 11

OMG having a bad day!!!! i found the scales this morning and i weighed myself and ive put a pound ON!!!!! How on earth???
ive been sticking with 20g of carbs and havnt had anything illegal im gutted!!

Jim , think the twins find it much better now that im eating food and i havnt been offered any cd shakes ha ha

im glad im not the only scale/ketostix obsessed person on here LOL:D

im gutted that ive put a pound on but im sure that it ill come off again ive done everything right so it cant be a pound of nasty fat can it, it must be water, someone please tell me its water lol:cry:

didnt come on hee yesterday at a day shopping with twins and mam so my menu for yesterday was

atkins choc shake
1 cup herbal tea

roast pork
2 oz cheese

ribeye steak
green salad with mayo
sugar free jelly with whipped cream

3 litres of water

today ive had

bacon /scrambled eggs
2 cups decaff coffee with splenda

dont know whats for lunch yet , but dinner is going be stir fried chicken with chilli, mushrooms and spinach and then ill have my jelly and cream

im not going to give in like i have done in the past as ive found a way of eating that suits me and i enjoy ( mind ill only enjoy it if i lose weight haha)

has any one got any recipes for deserts??

Jo xx

Im sure it is either water or your scales getting back at you for using them so much!!!!!! :D:D
This is why we shouldnt weight ourselves every day!

LOL yes Vicky, Jo you should join scaleaholics. ;)

LOL, vicky your probs right ha ha,
Jim, i think i may start a group thats hilarious scalesaholics:D:D:D

who wants to join ha ha

Jo xx

me!
Hi my name is vicky and Im a scaleoholic :eek:

I'm Jim and I'm a recovered ex scaleaholic ;)

LOL,
my names Jo and im a scaleaholic and a pee-on-a-stick-addict!!!

what trying to lose weight makes us do eh ??? love it:D:D:D

Maybe its a north east addiction thing!

Maybe its a north east addiction thing!

Fraid not its countrywide... I'm also a scaleaholic!

I've asked hubby to hide the scales... haven't decided if I'm going to weigh weekly, 2 weekly or monthly yet but I know its helped not stepping on them!!

LOL @ Jo welcome to scaleaholics :D first is is admitting next step is to throw that thing out of the window or take out the batteries...:p but seriously weighing everyday isnt a good thing or every other day.. that 1 pound prob is water and nothing more

day 12

hi there,
day 12 for me and i truly am addicted to them damm scales, ive tried to take everyones advice and not weigh myself but ive got a serious problem with them lol!! anyway thet pound is still lurking but when i think about it my totm is looming so its probs that cos ive been 1005 good:)

today ive had
2oz of brie

bacon and eggs and 3 mushrooms

2 cups of black decaff with splenda(what does one splenda sweetner count as compared to sweetex?)

sugar free jelly and cream.

ive got some friends coming round tonight and im going to have a glass or 2 of wine, i know its not allowed on induction but after the last couple of months and this pain carry on im going to just chill out and enjoy. it wont knock me out of ketosis just stall my loss(what loss????) but im happy about this. im not in a hurry to lose this weight although would like to lose it by july as we going to florida but ill just take my time and take one day at a time:D

i feel like ive eaten too much today as i feel so full:( but ive drank loads of water so it may be that!!!

hope everyone ok and having a good friday xx
Jo

Hi Josie, I'm with you on the wine....I just cant cut out that couple glasses of a weekend out! By the times friday comes, I'm in need lol. Enjoy :) x

I drank red wine on a friday night all through induction. :D

Started

Josie, I have been realy encouraged reading your posts and am now officialy on Atkins.
Shall do my best to keep posting and shall get set up later this evening.
I am 60yrs old 5'1"and 2st. overweight (at least) .I hate being over weight.

Hi and welcome to Atkins. :)

Hey '30! Welcome to Atkins.

Most here know how I feel about overdoing the scales. Not good! Weight, particularly water weight, can fluctuate from hour to hour, day to day, week to week - particularly in women, and not just in younger women though it may be more pronounced in the younger ones.

Getting on the scale and seeing no loss, or a poor loss, or even a gain, for however innocent (or not!) a reason, can knock us down badly and take the joy out of all we have achieved up to that point.

My sincere advice is, don't weigh too often. Once every two weeks is fine. Once a week is the limit for peace of mind. If you can stand it, and I can, now, once a month is probably ideal. It gives a much more accurate reflection of what you actually weigh, and how much you have lost. Try to wear the same clothes and weigh at the same time or, better still, weigh in the morning after the first 'wee'.

Scale hopping can great at first when weight is coming off very fast - mostly water weight - and we are really excited. After Induction losses always start to slow and this is where the daily weighing can become a real problem.

Good luck everyone. This year is gonna be the year we truly make it happen!

hi there 30 and welcome you will love atkins really you will and the guys on here are fab:D

laura thanks for that ive been counting the splenda tablets as 1!!

jim, what can i say ...first you tell me i can have pork scratchings and now i can have wine...what a star you are:D:D:D

girly thanks for that post im not going to get too hung up about scales im going go cold turkey haha and thanks for that post . im sure this year is going be the year we do it!!!

well folks that glass of wine is calling( less than 1 carb per glass mmmmmm!!!!)

catch you all later

Jo xxx

hi there alison, how you finding this way of eating so far ? i love it xx

I love it Josie, I'm a real meat eater and according to my old CD counsellor a 'protein' type, so i dont feel im on a diet at all! The only thing I find hard is the price of meat these days :(

day 13

morning everyone,

well my glass or 2 of wine ended up as 4!!! and my head a little sore this am:( normally i get so hungry when ive had a drink but i didnt feel hungry at all last night and am not craving carbs this am like i would normally do!!!

im enjoying atkins so much but i keep having these thoughts that im eating so well and so many nice foods that its not going to work and its a trick to make people put on weight!!!!! mad isnt it!!

alison , the price of meat is crazy, but its still cheaper than cd isnt it and more enjoyable:)

hi 30, hows it going so far let us know

so far today ive had

2 cups decaff with cream
2 slices of edam cheese

i off out to get my 11yr old a rugby kit today so im going have to rely on buying something for lunch so dont know what yet.Then for dinner im making homemade meatballs which ill have with some stir fried green veggies

well off to get ready to hit the metrocentre(must be mad going on a sat it will be a nitemare) but needs must eh:D
just had a thought about lunch...NANDOS Mmmmmm thats what im going to have!!

bye for now

Jo xx

Back