josies atkins journey

Yes the days do seem to fly in on Atkins. Perhaps this is because we can eat, and are not facing each morning starving yet afraid of food. Getting ready to measure out a tiny portion of cereal and a splash of milk isn't much fun. Well, it wasn't, for me!

Even traditional Sunday lunch can be adapted to suit our new plan. Fab.

morning hun - how did weigh in go?

xx

Morning Jo, how are you today?

day 8

morning everyone,

well..... i lost 7 and half lb!!!!!!:D:D:D

i am over the moon cant believe i have eaten so well and lost half a stone its amazing!!

so far today ive had

cheesy scrambled eggs
2 cups of herbal tea

have a really exciting day today ive got a pile of ironing that nearly reaches the ceiling:( so will have to make a start on that...oh the joys:)

not sure whats on the menu for lunch think i may just have a bar, im making mince and dumplings for kids an oh ( he quit the diet last night and had a chinese and 2 bottles of bud and i had sugar free jelly and cream) and think im going have chicken with chilli and garlic stir fried with spinach.

hope everyone good, im so so so so pleased with that weight loss im going have to try and adjust tracker thingy, but may have to wait until older son comes in from school cos im so rubbish with these thigs ha ha

big hugs to all of you for helping me through this first week xx

JO x

wow fantastic well done!!!!!

Great stuff Jo, that's good to hear. Why has OH stopped then love?

Well done you first week over its eaSIER FROM NOW ON

XX

morning everyone,

jim, oh packed it in as he was in a bit of a mood due to not being able to get to work cos of weather etc ( hes a window cleaner) and i think it was just comfort eating, he regrets it now as he feels hungry and is craving sweet things!! hes going to get back on it today though as he feels sluggish with no energy after eating loads of carbs!! Jim can i ask a question thats got me puzzled, the ketostix have been purple for a while now but just done one (im a bit addicted) and it didnt change colour at all, ive not gone over 20g of carbs and not had anything i shouldnt, should i be concerned or just ignore it???

emmasmum, if this diet gets easier from now i reckon ive found a new way of eating for life that i CAN stick to and thats fab:D

well day 9 now and so far ive had

boiled egg with little bit mayo
i slice of cheese
1 cup decaff with cream

dont know whats on the menu for rest of the day but it will all be legal LOL:D

hope everyone well,

bye for now Jo xx

That's awesome jo.. just keep on going :)

yes, what Laura says. ;)

thanks laura for that answer ( im just a bit obsessed with them at the min) i know ive eaten correctly so i shouldnt worry and just get on with it!!

Jo x

I was told the best time to use the stix, if at all, is first pee of the morning before eating or drinking!

jo I never used them at all. I just figured from all the other symptons that I had I figured I was in keto..

hi there shanny,
i was really struggling with cd, plus the little ones were watching me just drink shakes etc and it didnt feel right, one morning when i was deciding what to do about cd or atkins, tom, one of the twins got a shake out the cuboard and gave it me saying mammy, heres your breakfast!! i was upset by it so that made my mind up.
ive been doing it for 9 days and have lost 7 1/2lb and have eaten really nice things and not felt on a diet at all!! how you doing hun? still on cd? its a brill diet but i couldnt fit it in with my life at the min;)

well the rest of my day 9 has gone well ive had

bacon and eggs for lunch
salmon with a green salad and mayo
sf jelly an whiped cream
nearly 4 litres of water

feel so full from all the water ive been drinking.

thanks guys for all your comments on the ketostix , im just a bit addicted i reckon if i cant weigh myself everyday ill pee on a stick lol!!

hoe everyone doing well and having a good day

Jo x

Morning Jo, so how are the twins taking you eating? LOL

im just a bit addicted i reckon if i cant weigh myself everyday ill pee on a stick lol!!
LOL i do both :eek:

Jeez girls. LOL.

:eek: jo you weight everyday, you naughty girl. I must give you a little :whip:. I was obessed like you and I had to save myself from waking up in the morning weighing and then in the afternoon and seeing that there was a 2 or 3 pound difference LOL..

You are doing very well and I'm glad that atkins was the way for you... I tried a VLCD and I did lose weight on it but it was hard I think I stuck to it for a few days and I bow down to those you have done it and are doing it.. I just missed eating and that starving feeling I didn't get along with too much LOL. You definitely have to be very disclipine and I wasn't.

Hi Jo

Gosh your a busy woman... your twins sound like they give you lots of fun!!

Well done on your loss so far! x

Back