Journey to becoming the person I see in my mind - My SnS Diary

RP79

Well after months of to and throwing and reading various VLCD diaries I have made my decision and ordered my 28 days supply of SnS products. D-day is Saturday 1st September 2012.

As I have still not lost the pregnancy weight 3 years on - I know that I can no longer use that as an excuse for the way I look. :sigh:

I really need to succeed in this. Firstly for me, as I get a shock every time I see my reflection in a shop window (I simply do not see myself as that fat person - in my mind I still see the slimish woman I used to be). And lets be honest DOH's comments recently have made me realise, that even he has decided that I need to cut back...in fact he has been saying it for some time. I know he has his doubts about me succeeding in this diet, and in a way it makes me more determined to prove him wrong.

I have read what feels like hundreds of successful accounts on VLCD and this website with the various diaries have been very motivating - I need to do it for myself. I cant keep up with this cycle of disappointment in myself - all because of food! When I am on a diet I am the happiest person on the planet, feeling in control, but then I seem to want to eat as I am happy.
Yes I eat when I am happy, when I am sad, when I am stressed...all the time for whatever reason.

So eliminating food may be a very good alternative for me. Well that is a long introduction, but I needed to get this all off my chest and be ready for my new start on Saturday. I figure if gives me two days to settle somewhat before a hectic work day on Monday.

drum roll...it's D-day. Today I start Slim and Save. In the end I first opted for the one week of mixed products so that I can see which flavours I will enjoy. Also to proof to OH that I can stick to it...he is sceptical- even more so after seeing the one week's worth of food that arrived on Friday. Hmmm even I was slightly shocked, until I realised that yes this is why its a VLCD! duh

Well I felt better after opening the box. I am going to have the Crispy chocolate shake for brekkies this morning. I am busy brewing a cup of Green Tea (to help with the hunger pangs),.

You know I am excited- yesterday OH tried to convince me to only start on Monday when I am back at work- but then I weighed myself and OMG the past week when I was having all my 'last meal' requests (as I am starting SnS) I picked up 2 extra kgs. SIgh. So that was it. I got off the scale 15mins ago and decided I am sticking to MY plan and starting today. I will show him and myself that I can do it.

See I received a tape measure and sheet within my pack, so planning on using it now to record measurements. I am excited, I really don't want to keep going up and up. My work trousers are already straining away, and I get more disgusted at my podgy face in the mirror day by day.

So here is to the beginning! I will update later on how the shake tasted.

Sounds like your ready and in the zone hun

Good luck and keep posting, it helps xxx

Aw thank you - I think you're right it does make it feel like I am not alone.
Had my crispy chocolate cereal....interesting! But I can live with it- not bad at all.

Ok have been keeping busy. Just had lunch- mushroom pasta found it very salty. But hey it is food. I can imagine some of the meal packs may be nice with some veg like courgettes or over mushroom.

Good for you for giving it a try! As was said you do seem in the right place of mind to do this. I wasn't keen on the crispy shakes at all but the chilli con carne is very nice! Drinking plenty of water really helped in the first few days, would recommend it!

Thanks For the water tip. I have nearly finished my 2litre bottle of water. And running to the loo every half an hour or so!

Haha I was like that too! I'm on day 6 now and that's passed!

Wow so almost weigh in for you?! You must be excited I will keep a lookout for your progress tomorrow

Survived my first trip to tesco without me buying 'goodies' yipee! Came home and had the Banana shake - I knew I wouldnt like it,as I have never been a banana milkshske fan. One more to go later this evening.

Welcome and good luck for the coming week.
Get to day 3 and it gets easier.
Rest up if you feel a headache coming on and most of all drink plenty of water (3litres) x x

Thanks for all the good advice :)
Well I survived day one - had a caramel shake and I must say it was divine!! Definitely will be getting some of them for my month supply.
Off to bed now. All and all feeling not too bad today - just somewhat more snappy than usual :p
Have a good sleep everyone.

Well done for surviving day one! The first couple of days are the worst. Week one weigh in for me and I lost 9lb, very pleased! Keep it up RP79. x

Well done for surviving day one! The first couple of days are the worst. Week one weigh in for me and I lost 9lb, very pleased! Keep it up RP79. x
Congratulations! Thats a great loss!! Im hoping for a similar loss. So happy for you :)

Day 3 was a little better__albeit with another headache. Looking fwd to my shake when i get home. Just one more stop to survive.

I really do hope these headaches pass by tomorrow. Noted it got better about 3mins after i had a mealbar. Must look for breath strips tonight...

How is everything going? Big loss in the first week is expected so you might be close, you may even beat me! :)

Sorry typo- should read 30mins!

How is everything going? Big loss in the first week is expected so you might be close, you may even beat me! :)
Dont know about beating you lol. Feeling bloated and wonder of TOTM is going to be early- grrrr

Are you eating the veg and doing 4 packs?

Doing ok thanks, not really hungry just the darn headaches- taking max dose of paracetemol

How are you doing now after week 1? Do you have a diary?

I usually do 4 packs and veg but I've had a couple of days where I haven't been able to eat all packs, just felt soo full! I do have a diary but work is so busy I'm probably only going to get to update it weekly.
Im feeling good after 1 week, I'm getting some more chocolate shakes delivered as I'm craving sweet food!

Good news that you are feeling full :) and being busy at work makes it much easier to stick to. I have to start studying tonight again, so will only able to sneek a peek on the forums during my commute and days I stop for lunch at work.

Im trying the tomato soup for lunch- think i prefer the shakes. I look forward to the bar at snack time this afternoon :)

And on the plus side the headache seem to have finally gone :)

Lol now that you mentioned chocolate shakes, I keep looking down at the soup and wishing i packed one for lunch instead!

Hope you are having a good day

Back