Juddd article in Daily Mail

Stirky7

Believe!
Last edited:
That's interesting, I wonder if that would have worked for me? I agree about the not being hungry bit, that's where I failed on every diet I tried except Atkins. I loved being able to eat lots and still lose weight. looking at this I think it might have worked for me as well.

Yes come take a look at us JUDDDers (Johnson Up Day Down Day Diet.) Very supportive group and lots of success and a brilliant eating plan. The book is also well worth getting 'Alternate Day Diet' and explains the science behind the plan and is very readable for both the medical and lay person.

I have been JUDDDing for almost two months but have taken some weeks off in between for holidays or busy social weeks without much detriment and certainly not blowing the weightloss as I would normally do on other 'diets.'
This is a great way to live, eat and lose weight!

PS I have seen your posts before Jim and your weightloss is astounding - really admirable. Well done.

Thank Hun :wavey:

Jim - Yes it is a great plan and don't see why it wouldn't work for most people. But you found a plan that definitely suited you and that's the main thing for all of us, to find something that we can stick with x

KookyWooky - Welcome! Juddd is the Johnson Up Day Down Day plan, take a look at the section on here for it for more info :

Johnson UpDayDownDay Diet & The Unit Diet - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

Or read the article above as it really is a very informative look into the plan. It'd be great to have you on board so come and join the rest of us juddders on the juddd board in the link above. Take care x

Yes come and join us, I really can't rave about juddd enough lol, I love it!

But you found a plan that definitely suited you and that's the main thing for all of us, to find something that we can stick with x

Spot on, my thinking exactly, there is a diet out there for everyone.

Spot on, my thinking exactly, there is a diet out there for everyone.

There sure is, we're all different and suit different plans. It's finding one to suit us that's the hard bit, but once we have and can stick at it it becomes that bit easier.

Hi everyone!
I also read the Daily Mail article and have been thinking about giving it a go.

I have been doing some research which lead me to this great forum. After reading this thread I am definately going for it!

I'm a bit worried about December though as it's my birthday and also Christmas. I was wondering how you cope on down days when there are family meals and birthday cake to eat?

Hi La Chanteuse JUDDD fits in well with these times as you can swap the days around to suit. Many of us do M,W,F as down days and then have Tues and Thurs as Up Days and the weekend a mix of Up Day and Medium Day but we swap them to suit our social life.

Even doing JUDDD for a week or two really helped me before I went on holiday and then I took most of the holiday week off eating normally most days and the occasional OTT day when it was my birthday and I put back on 2lbs only which came off again very easily once back on JUDDD.

We still have to live! So fit it in when you can is how I would advise you. We have lots of potential DDs before Xmas and can't be partying every night till then so a few weeks would tell you if it suits you or not. I agree with Stirky and Jim - you have to find a plan that works for you and you can use for the rest of your life.

Thank you for replying Hoe!
That sounds great - I will keep you all informed. I haven't weighed myself as years of unsuccessful dieting made me throw away my weighing scales a few years ago! However, I have noted my measurements (waist, thighs, hips and bust) and will post these every month instead. It will have to be cms though as I live in France and everything is in the metric system - but I'm sure I can find a conversion chart on the internet.

I was reading a thread where a lady called Channy35 was posting some very inspiring things about the UDDD diet but she seems to have disappeared since September. Are there any other threads you would recommend for me to read for help with menu ideas etc. apart from this one.

I'm useless with forums and only found this thread by chance.

Thankyou again!

Hi La Chanteuse! It'd be graet to have you join us lol. Yes Hoe has said it all, juddd is flexible so days can be swapped around to suit, as long as you still get at least three dd's in a week you'll do fine. A lot of people on juddd use a md (medium day) which is about half of an up day. These can be useful if you need to swap your days around and save having two up days in a row. Good luck x

I was reading a thread where a lady called Channy35 was posting some very inspiring things about the UDDD diet but she seems to have disappeared since September. Are there any other threads you would recommend for me to read for help with menu ideas etc. apart from this one.

I'm useless with forums and only found this thread by chance.

Thankyou again!

Yes it was reading what Channy had written that started me off on juddd, she hasn't been around for a while :( Take a look at the juddd section on this forum and read some of the diaries etc, you'll see what we're all doing :)

Johnson UpDayDownDay Diet & The Unit Diet - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

Read back through this thread and as Stirky suggested go to the links or the Johnson website quoted in the Mail article and then decide what will be your first down day.

Estimate your calories needs - lots of links within our forum threads as to how to do this and eat between 25-35% of that on a down day and eat nomrally but not OTT on an up day.

Also you could buy the book for a very good guide as to how to do this. But it is easy - just read through all the advice already on this site in the Johnson Up Day Down Day threads. No sense in quoting it all again here. There is also a thread for starting out I beleive with FAQs. Good luck!

Hoe has said it all, good luck KookyWooky! We're always around on the juddd board if you have any q's! x

Thank you Stirky and Hoe!
I started yesterday, I'm really looking forward to posting some positive results here. It's nice to know that kookywooky will be strating the same time as me too so we can encourage each other as I'm sure it will be difficult in the beginning.

Thanks Hoe and Stirky, I'm going to have a good read to get my head around it and then decide on a start day....hopefully Friday.

Just one question.....what do you consider as "normal" on an up day?
If you go to the official Johnson up day down day site there is a calorie calculator that will tell you how many calories you should eat on the up day so that you do lose weight while following it. Good luck.:)

Good luck girlies, remember to join us on the juddd board and start a diary there :)

Back