JUDDD - How much & how long did it take you?!

Hey just wondered if anyone else could sum up their losses on juddd be nice to have an idea of what to expect (obviously it does depend on each person), be nice to have some great motivation.
xxx

Hi I am in my 14th week of Juddding, I have lost over a dress size and 17lbs , I came straight from S+S so didn't have the usual first week big number, my losses may not set the world on fire but its steady, I have had 3 sts usually coinciding with my TOTM and no gains, what I personally have noticed is that the NSV are very noticeable, I look so much smaller than my weight would suggest and am physically smaller now at 12 2 than I was at 11 7 last year?
I can't recommend Juddd enough x

ooo sounds promising i dont mind how slowly it comes off as long as it does!!! Fed up with the unrealisticness of CD really I do think most of it is water that comes off if im honest. xxxx

I lost 7lb in my first week of exante, then a 1lb, couldn't stick it any more and put on the 7lb the week after lol :p

My weight loss is definitely slowing down, but thats fine cause its still coming off.

Its hard to explain - while I find DD's really tough at times, I've never had the notion to give up. Whereas calorie counting is easier day to day but I definitely have more of an urge to give up as its *forever*

I just cant see CD weight staying off after you basically cant eat to start with. Granted it does work but keeping it off is the mission. Thats why if i put weight on when i start this on monday ill be devastated as its so blimin hard to get off lol xxx

Everyone is doing so well. It's great to hear. I am only day 2 but can anyone tell me if they ever get bored with the plan - I find it hard to believe that you would but I know that is usually what happens to me so am keen to know other people's experience?

Helen
x

I am on week 18 now with no lapses, so I guess the answer is no I am not bored, in fact I can't imagine a week without a DD in it BUT I do 2 UPs at the weekend and I honestly believe that aids with the longevity of this plan, I think I would def have had diet fatigue if I had been strict alternating. I have done 2 UPs on a weekend since I started x

17lbs in 6 weeks :)
Well done. I bet you are thriled with that kind of weight loss.

I'm doing Alternate Daily Fast which is very similar to JUDDD but without the calorie restriction on the Up days. I've lost 9lb in 4 weeks. Steady progress, but I wish it were more especially as I have nearly 5 stone to go.

ADF and Juddd are in fact the same thing, there is no actual calorie restriction on an UP day Dr Johnson states to eat freely on an UP day, the cals are only guidelines for those who are unsure of what a normal days diet looks like and on the other side, to give those who are reluctant to eat too much on their UP days , something to aim at x
You have done brilliantly so far steady weight loss shouldn't be sniffed at, what about your non scale victories are you experiencing many of those ?

You have done really well and have lost it much faster than me. I have noticed my tummy isn't as bloated so skirts aren't as tight. Just a layer of fat on it now. LOL I also have lots of energy which is surprising. My problem was not really junk food, but way too much food especially cheese, etc, and little exercise. I am doing more exercise now and making better food choices on my UP days.

I used the calculator on the JUDDD site and entered in my height, age, activity, current weight. For 20% (weight loss plan) it said I should have 422 cals on my down days and 2113 on my up days. I'm doing about 500 on my down days and 1800 on my up days. I wonder if I should reduce the down days to 422 to get maximum benefit. Also, I've drunk some Dr Pepper zero the past few days (counting the calories) as it fills me up when I am hungry. Do you think it can affect the diet? Should stick to water or black tea?

Did you ever do two down days in a row? It can be done on the alternate day diet. 5 normal days then 2 down days. I am mainly doing 1 up, 1 down, but I have done 2 downs in a row when the scales haven't moved down.

You have done really well and have lost it much faster than me. I have noticed my tummy isn't as bloated so skirts aren't as tight. Just a layer of fat on it now. LOL I also have lots of energy which is surprising. My problem was not really junk food, but way too much food especially cheese, etc, and little exercise. I am doing more exercise now and making better food choices on my UP days.

I used the calculator on the JUDDD site and entered in my height, age, activity, current weight. For 20% (weight loss plan) it said I should have 422 cals on my down days and 2113 on my up days. I'm doing about 500 on my down days and 1800 on my up days. I wonder if I should reduce the down days to 422 to get maximum benefit. Also, I've drunk some Dr Pepper zero the past few days (counting the calories) as it fills me up when I am hungry. Do you think it can affect the diet? Should stick to water or black tea?

Did you ever do two down days in a row? It can be done on the alternate day diet. 5 normal days then 2 down days. I am mainly doing 1 up, 1 down, but I have done 2 downs in a row when the scales haven't moved down.
Sorry so late in getting back to you havent been here much at all today :eek: I wouldn't bother lowering your DD limit , to cut a long story short I cut my DD s to just 150 cals (skimmed milk allowance) about 5 weeks in as I felt eating made me hungrier, weight loss stalled a bit read up and found this had happened tp others who were not eating their DD cals, advice was to UP cals back to 500 and like the others I read about my weight loss picked back up again ? I used to drinl cal free cream soda all the time on my DD s as I hate drinking water but have stopped the last 2 weeks as I suddenly found I preferred water? I don't think the odd glass does any harm and if it helps you get through the DD s then thats a good thing. I have done 1 lot of 2 DD s together as I needed to rejig things, I didn't lose anymore than usual though, I trhink there are a few here who have seen an increased loss though but I am reluctant to encourage it as UP days are important too ;)

Hi Bajoleth, I am sorry to but in but found your post very interesting. Can you tell me if you eat your 500 calories in one meal a day? You are so successful would like to do what you do if I can.:)

Hi Bajoleth, I am sorry to but in but found your post very interesting. Can you tell me if you eat your 500 calories in one meal a day? You are so successful would like to do what you do if I can.:)
Sorry only just seeing your post, I use my cals in eaxactly the same way every DD, I use a hefty 150 cals for skimmed milk as my tea and coffee get me through the day, then I have 2 snacks of approx 150 each, I may have a bowl of Baxters minestrone soup 140 cals for the Tin , its very filling lots of chunky veg and pasta , crispbreads and low fat philli 150 cals, batchelors Pasta pot 166 cals per pot but quite filling, thick slice wholemeal toast scarping of butter 150 cals, muller light and an apple 130 cals etc etc. I tend to have something around lunchtime and then again at abot 4-5pm, I find the evenings okay as long as I have plenty of cups of tea and coffee and I aim to drink at least 2 litres of water too, hope that helps a bit x

Bajoleth, yes that is very helpful, thank you so much for your reply. I think from now on I will spread mine out a little as you do instead of just having an evening meal, hopefully this will be a little easier. I must admit I do get very hungry on DD's. Thank you again.

Hi ladies, just been introduced to this and am on my second dd today, I just find Exante to challenging and if I fall off the wagon I feel like a total failure, so hopefully knowing if I want to eat something I can put it on a list for the next ud!

Also bajoleth I remember you from the pregnancy forum, we were preggers the same time : ) Hope all is well? : ) xx

Hi Mummytummy, yes all is great with me Evie will be 2 in Nov and running me ragged lol, how are you and yours hope all is well with you too x. Oh and Juddd rocks BTW I love it, any questions ask away we have a lovely group here its all good x

Back