JUDDD - Introduce Yourself!!

Lost 5lbs today. Today an Up day so enjoying celebrating with a treat within my calories

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi my name is Lesley

I have been doing lots of reading about intermittent fasting and am keen to give it a go. I've tried, failed and given up on most other diets and am hopeful that this way of eating could work for me! I'm 48 have arthritis in my hips and knees and have recently become a nan. I really want to be able to run around and play with my lovely grandson once he starts walking but at the moment just walking upstairs is painful some of the time. My weight has gradually increased over the past few years, which obviously doesn't help my joints, but since my mum died in June this year I have managed to gain 1 stone. I'm beginning to panic that I am just going to balloon uncontrollably! So, the plan is to try the JUDDD and slowly lose 3 stone. I know it's not going to happen over night and i know that it will take commitment to stick to the plan, especially on down days, but I'm determined to give it a go for at least a month and see how it goes.

I've been very inspired by the post on here so shall be popping in regularly to try and stay motivated!

Hello! I tried JUDD for about 2 weeks but couldn't keep it up and as a consequence I regained most of the weight I lost on slim and save. My issue isn't so much what I eat but I have a BIG issue with portion control. I just love food! I am trying 5:2, today is my second fast day this week, Tuesday was my first. I'm finding it easiest to drink until tea time then have an evening meal of about 400 cals for tea with the other half- he gets some carbs of some description too though.

I was always slim as a teenager and in my twenties, until I hit about 26 when I just couldn't lose weight. Turned out it was an under-active thyroid which was diagnosed 2 years ago. My weight loss on any diet is now slow and keeping it off really hard, so I am looking to find something I can do forever. I tried slimming world but it isn't restrictive enough for me (weird huh?). I have also realised that my weight gain was precipitated by two things- eating breakfast and not walking as much. So I am also going to go back to those things. It might turn into an eating 'window' diet rather than 5:2 as this is what I used to do in school, when I was super slim. I will see. Excited!

(Ah the enthusiasm of a new diet!)

Hi started with the 5:2 diet nearly two weeks ago having tried slimmimg world and a couple of others. Found that this isnt too bad and hoping to shed a couple of stone for the new year. I live in sheffield with my hubby and my nearly two year old daughter.

I live with my son in Liverpool I want to try fasting two days a week again. Do you eat breakfast?

Hi Everyone! Today is my very first down day at my very first time JUDDD'ing. Wish me luck, as I have big hopes! Love reading all the success stories. I've tried several diets before with some progress but never joined minimins. So, today is a day of many firsts :)

Hello everyone

I'm new at this forum as you probably understand as I'm writing this post.
This is a brief presentation on way I'm participating here.

In June 2011 I weigh 281.1 lb which way too much even if I'm 6.3 ft tall. But as I also have turned 50 I need to take care of myself in more ways. My cholesterol is high, blood pressure as well and I snored at night. What to do when I truly can tell I hate to exercise. I am an expert in losing weight ... I am ... I have done many times and that is just the problem!!!
When I was graduating from high school I weigh 260 lb and I knew I had to enter the military service within one year. What to do? I made up a plan to swim 1000 - 1500 meter three times/week and eat no sweets at all, just ordinary food. By 6 months I had lost 77 lb and was a good looking kid. But it didn't last for so many years. In my mid 30's I tried jogging as the thing to lose weight ... no result. In my mid 40's it was all about pedometers. I was walking like an idiot, leaving the car at home and I walked everywhere I could, arriving sweating like ****.
You probably recognize yourselves in this kind of pattern, losing weight and gaining again, up and down and up again.

What I have discovered is that my personality don't match with exercises I can't uphold for long term. I need something that suits me, a diet I can live with.
So coming back to June 2011, me and my family visited Hawaii and after a week there i had lost 4.4 lb and I saw that as a sign to take the long way to my future health. The first thing I did was to chase sugar, all the fast carbs I could find and I did that for 1½ year. The result ... -27.6 lb, but it went slower and slower. Last summer I saw a show on TV about 5:2 diet that grabbed me, and said to myself and my wife ... Let's try that. She did, but could not cope it, but went on and you can see in my signature where I am on my path.

The Plan:
I eat normal food on 5 days a week, but watch out sugar.
Fasting days I eat one meal around 3 PM and it could anything as long as it ads up to 500 cal. Some of you probably notice that I go by the female level here, but you see ... I'm a bit of a competitive person.

I'm happy to share with you guys on how to withstand the tough days and come up with great ideas for "2"-day meals. And remember ... it took time to gain weight, so it will take time loos it too.

Yours
Stefan

Hi, I am doing semi-good. That means that I have lost alot of weight, but not the last few weeks, so I'm hoping that this week will turn and the scale will be nice to me on Thursday. I am still very motivated

I really have no idea, it might be that I have been sitting at my PC more latetly, so I guess everyday exercise should do it. This week have started off much better on that point.

Hi just starting my 2:5 diet. Been on it before and lost 2.5 stone there about. I've had a baby since and now I've stopped feeding him I'm going to start.
I have about 3 stone to lose but aiming for 2 for now. Although anything would an improvement :)

Hey. My name is Shirley. Started juddding last Monday. Weighed myself this morning and have lost 5lbs. Woohoo!

Question: Are most people doing alertnate days or 4:3 weekly?

I haven't decided to alternate or 4:3. Personal experiences would be very much appreciated.

:D

Sent from my GT-P5110 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back