JUDDD - Introduce Yourself!!

Hi everyone,
I started JUDDD today with a DD.
Never tried anything like this before though I've done plenty of diets in my time. The last couple of years I've tried WW, SW, calorie counting, Slimfast, Atkins and who knows what else LOL... and last week XLS Medical but that didnt suit me at all. So I was looking around the forums and became totally fascinated reading peoples experiences with JUDDD.
Thought I'd give it a go, especially because some days I dont each much, I like missing breakfast and sometimes I skip lunch too so I figured the DD's wont be that difficult...hopefully.
I'm going to make a diary and post daily how I'm getting on.

Hi cheese girl,

Your user name is nearly as appealing as mine lol

Welcome to JUDDD! And a big well done on you big weightloss so far!

You will find lots of support from fellow Judders in here, how many DD and UD's are you planning to do?

Charlie x

Hi all, I've just jumped ship from Dukan and will be giving JUDD a go as a lifestyle change and not as a diet. I hope I do as well as the rest of ya, and this seems a lively forum (I should know, I've been lurking a few weeks now) :) Wish me luck!

Muchos luck :D

P x

Hi all

Just started this today with a DD. So far so good.

I have done Lipotrim and Exante in the past with fantastic results, only to put loads back on. I am hoping this will help me maintain losses better and not need to keep going on such strict diets!! Fed up with doing TFR so often!

Wish me luck!

Hey, I'm new :)

Morning all! Quick intro from me, I'm Cery and I am a serial dieter/put-on-weighterer :D. I have been overweight for years but after having children and finding contentedness I have ballooned :( I have toyed with WW and SW this year but just not stayed on track and now I am at the heaviest I have ever been :mad:

Anyways, my mother in law was telling me she had heard of alternate day fasting so I thought I would give it a shot :)

Morning all! Quick intro from me, I'm Cery and I am a serial dieter/put-on-weighterer :D. I have been overweight for years but after having children and finding contentedness I have ballooned :( I have toyed with WW and SW this year but just not stayed on track and now I am at the heaviest I have ever been :mad:

Anyways, my mother in law was telling me she had heard of alternate day fasting so I thought I would give it a shot :)

I started in August and I have lost over two stone with alternate day fasting. I've done WW, Exante and other VLCDs, Atkins plus just about every fad diet going, but I find Alternate Day dieting the easiest to stick with long term. You're only ever one day away from eating what you crave, but by the next day after a healthy breakfast I find the craving has gone. I sometimes use an Exante soup or shake as part as my down day calories and have a meal containing loads of salad, steam veg plus prawns or similar for dinner. For me it's just as much about the long term health benefits as the weight loss. I hope you have similar success.

Hi

I've been doing SW since September and lost just over 2 stone but I've stalled now. I saw JUDD mentioned on a thread and think I'll give it a go. I am trying to work out how I can have Christmas day and Boxing day as a UD if I follow the Mon, Wed. Fri DD routine without ending up with too many DD together as that's not allowed is it? What's everyone else doing?

Hi

I've been doing SW since September and lost just over 2 stone but I've stalled now. I saw JUDD mentioned on a thread and think I'll give it a go. I am trying to work out how I can have Christmas day and Boxing day as a UD if I follow the Mon, Wed. Fri DD routine without ending up with too many DD together as that's not allowed is it? What's everyone else doing?

I normally do alternate days, but I have done 2 up days followed by two down days on occasion. I don't go wild on the up days, and eat 1800-2000 calories. You can also do the ratio of 5 up to 2 down, but you won't lose as much weight. Apparently it still has the long term health benefits according to the Horizon programme with Dr Michael Mosley and Dr Krista Varda. I am planning on doing two down days 23rd & 24th, two up days for Christmas and Boxing Day then either two or three down days depending on how much I've pigged out. I'm not stocking up too much this year as I am the one who normally eats all the leftover high calorie stuff because I hate waste.

Last edited:
Ooh just thought - can you do this with a stomach ulcer?

I'm not sure if it would be suitable for someone with a stomach ulcer. I'd suggest you speak to your doctor.

Thanks. I did and he was pretty appalled at the down days for me ( saw no problem with anyone healthy) lol. He was pleased with my loss so far and took me off BP meds for the first time in 22 years. I am very happy about that. So back to SW. :)

Thanks. I did and he was pretty appalled at the down days for me ( saw no problem with anyone healthy) lol. He was pleased with my loss so far and took me off BP meds for the first time in 22 years. I am very happy about that. So back to SW. :)

Well done for checking first and Congratulations on the Blood Pressure!!!

Hi everyone. I'm 46 and around 13 stone when I should be 10ish at the most! I've done a variety of low carb diets and lost but then slipped and gained. I tried Cambridge diet one - too depressing for words! Dukan was very effective but I found that wan't sustainable and I've ganed even more after giving up on that so I've come to join you all on JUDD.

I actually started on 14 Jan with a DD and have done Mon, Wed, Fri DD the rest UD since then.

I've managed around 500 on most DDs - a few I've found I'm up to about 530. On UDs I think I've allowed myself to enjoy the freedom rather too much and have guzzled up to 2500 on more than a few!
My biggest weakness at the moment is booze, I've found I can squeeze in a small amount on DDs but I'm being rather a lush on UDs at the moment. Hopefully soon I'll settle into it and the panic eating and drinking late on in an UD will stop!

In terms of weight I was just over 13st after Christmas and was horrified. This last week I seem to have gained and lost the same 2lb every day and am hovering between 12st 12.5 and 12st 10.5. I just hope it settles on the lower end of that after today and tomorrow's UDs - I do plan to be a bit more sensible than last weekend;)

Back