JUDDD - Introduce Yourself!!

Thanks Nomsad...and a buddy sounds great :) I weighed myself this morning which was awful, but the fact I did shows me im really ready to do this because I usually avoid the scales like a plague!

I've lost alot of weight over the last two years, i was 21stone, got down to 13stone4 by last july, but over the course of 9 months, meeting the love of my life, getting engaged, my weight crept up to 14stone6, did a couple of weeks on s'n's but its too expensive for me to carry on, so was looking at other diet options and this one jumped out at me as i tend to prefer a carb diet, alot of meat causes probs for me. So this sounded like the ideal option and I'm feeling very positive. I need to get down to just under 11stone to fit into my wedding dress and i have about a year and half to do it, so slow weightloss is ok for me but i want to be able to eat the same for the rest of my life and it seems that this is the plan for it and is simple to follow. Keeping a diary for the next 10 weeks to help others who maybe thinking about it as there isnt much on this diet. good luck and i think you will do well

Hi Floss, Hi Nomsad. Great to have some new people on here - let's support each other and we will do it.

I'm trying to lose 2 stones by August as I'm going on a cruise - holiday of a lifetime and we'll never be able to afford to do anything like this again x

Glad to see some more peeps on here, It really is a great diet and I will be back here as soon as I have become fed up with my vlcd, I intend on using Judd to continue losing, its a great diet. Good luck and hope you enjoy it.
@Karen very jealous of your cruise,lucky you ;)

Should I still track my cals on up days? I do roughly in my head anyway but I mean properly track them? It's so weird to think I can have anything today...I think im going to still stay healthy though or ill probably binge. Cant believe I survived my first DD yesterday...might have been mostly vodka but I did it...oh well!

p.s. I want to go on a cruise! Lucky you :) x

I don't track my cals too much on up days, but have whatever I fancy, kind of foods I would normally have, think around 2000-3000, see how I go but funnily on my 3rd down day today and I'm not hungry at all, so just having fluids. I allow myself up to 500cals on a down day but if I'm not hungry I will only have fluids :) already feel like i've lost belly fat. I craved cheese yesterday and had about 1000cals on baked potatoes yesterday. Have dominos pizza planned for my up day on friday :) so looking forward to that!!!! I think its important to eat really well and what you feel like on an up day as that gets you through a down day also without overeating, I think about what I am going to have tomo. will weigh tomo morning :)

When I was on Juddd for the first week I stuck religiously to my up day limit (as per the JUDDD website) but after that I stopped and just ate what I fancied and my losses were stable I think its easier to stick to long term if you cut yourself some slack on your Up days ;)

I agree, but just don't binge, try to eat well as as normally as possible don't let your greed rear its ugly head, I think eating healthily as can be is a good idea and save the not so healthy as the times you eat out etc.

Hi There :wavey:

My name is Ruth and I have tried most diets but getting extremely desperate!!!!
Fell and hurt my knee 2 months ago and im now at my heaviest so need to do something and fast!

I think my problem is that Im so busy and work shifts that I start off with good intentions and then after a day im so fed up!!! Thinking of doing this plan!

Advice would be greatly appreciated- I have looked at the website, so its 500 calories on a DD and basically whatever without intentionally eating on an UD?

Thanks

Ruth
x

Hi and welcome Ruth, yep thats basically it, there is science behind it etc and it has health benefits but to be honest I do it because I love my food , hate feeling constantly deprived and in all honesty its the easiest to stick to that I have tried and believe me I have tried them all lol. Take a look through my diary if you want I usually list what I eat. I tend to be very strict on my DD's and eat more or less what I fancy on my UP. I also like to enjoy my weekends and find thats the time I fall off the wagon so I allow myself 2 UP days on a sat and sun. My DD's are always Mon, Wed and Fridays and I still lose weight x Any question ask away and I will do my best to help, Jo

Hi, I've just started so I'm still in early days. Bajoleth has been great for advice etc

I'm copying what bajoleth does and have set DD: mon, wed and fri. And having a double UD at the weekend. WI day is going to be a thurs morning

14 lost : 53 to goal

Thanks very much for your replies!!!

Jo I will be having a look at your diary now :)

fizzyfluff thanks for the reply hope you're doing ok :)

This sounds great! Will try the same pattern you are with a WI on Thursday AM too :)

Ruth
x

I still have them, theyre really good actually for stuff like pasta and cereal, I just couldn't keep it up as I work shifts and the plan I was on was all about home cooking etc which I cannot do at work!

Can I just ask a quick question- I have been on the JUDDD website to have a look at my calorie allowance and it has a drop down box saying "20% restriction weight loss mode"- do I leave it as that? If I do I get 419kcals on a down day and 2096 normally!

Ruth
x

Yip, on your DD's you eat 20% of your diet (initially in your hardcore diet stage), and then when you have less weight to lose/ maintain you can increase it.

Mine are 409 and 2044. I'm struggling with staying in the 409, will do it for 2wks and then maybe up it to 500.

Are you on myfitnesspal app?

Yip, on your DD's you eat 20% of your diet (initially in your hardcore diet stage), and then when you have less weight to lose/ maintain you can increase it.

Mine are 409 and 2044. I'm struggling with staying in the 409, will do it for 2wks and then maybe up it to 500.

Are you on myfitnesspal app?

Aah right, thanks :)

Yes I am :) I am xruthlessx

Haven't done too much on it yet apart from looking up calorie figures!

It is hard to do- I just tried to see if I could calculate a DD (thinking of trying it tomorrow) and Im stuck at dinner!!!

Ruth
x

I'm using vlcd packs for my DD's, slim and save's are around 130cals each, but then as I moved from it full time to here I had loads of packs to use.

I suppose it's fully achievable to have protein and salad to make up you dd cals

Oh right! Im allergic to some of the additives found in food shakes so I can't have anything like that!

This is my plan:

Breakfast:
1/2 Grapefruit = 32kcal
Satsuma = 20kcal
100ml Skimmed Milk = 34kcal (days allowance as sometimes have it black...)
Tea = 2kcal

Lunch
WW Tomato Soup = 76kcal
1/2 Pint Sugarfree Jelly = 16kcal
Tea = 2kcal

Tea
3 Mini Kievs = 147kcal
100g Boiled Potatoes = 66kcal
1/2 pint Sugarfree Jelly = 16kcal
Diet Coke 330ml = 0kcal
Tea = 2kcal

= 413/419

Ruth
x

Last edited:
What's a mini Kiev?

When I look at that, it seems like loads compared to my

Breakfast : s&s shake 130
Lunch : s&s soup 130
Dinner: s&s meal pack 150

Maybe I need to rethink my DD's!

Wow Ruth your DD look like a feast compared to mine, think I am going to be following your posts closely lol, will be copying your menus I think, I love mini kievs yum yum
@fizzy they are little round mini kievs (a chicken kiev is chicken in breadcrumbs filled with garlic butter mmmmm)

Back