JUDDD vs normal CC

Felix

Gold Member
Hi all,

I have just restarted on JUDDD after a few weeks of going mental and stuffing my face.. I have been reading through the JUDDD and calorie counting boards and was wondering if there's any difference in the average weight loss?

I really love the idea of JUDDD and how it works but for some odd reason I've got it in my head that I'll not lose as quickly as if I was to follow normal CC (around 1200cals a day maybe). I don't count on my UP days and I'm convinced that I'm eating too much, but I never go over my cals on the down days.

Has anyone tried both ways and found one works better than the other? I have over 3 stone to lose and want to follow the best plan.

Hi Felix, I think the weight loss is the same 1-2 lbs a week when you are in the swing of it, but the BIG difference between the 2 is the Health benefits that have been extensively researched and the effect ADF has on the way your body uses its fat stores effectively. Lots start Juddd then get fed up due to 1lb loss a week but what a lot are failing to realise or notice is how its actually affecting their body, I have had weeks where I have STS only 1 week of gain (probably due to totm) but I have continued to shrink regardless of what the scales are telling me, I look so much smaller than my weight would suggest I am even seeing my arms tone up and I don't even work out. I am not alone in these findings, there is an American forum that has loads of Juddd members experience the exact same thing and indeed I have just made a thread a sticky today because its about not losing weight but looking smaller etc. I have tried nearly all the diets out there and they all work for me but only short term I am always looking forward till the day comes when I give up and have that chocolate or garlic bread I have been craving. You don't get that on Juddd/ADF you are not on a diet on your UP days and if you can truly embrace that concept Juddd is truly life changing. I have been on judd now for 21 weeks and I have seen comings and goings of so many members , the ones that are successfull are the ones that 'get it' and know that its a lifestyle change that will work but not overnight its not a VLCD and you won't get those results but what you do get is a diet that fits in with you, allows you to eat those foods you crave, and when you are actually given permission to eat them its strange how you don't really eat them anymore, and a fast changing shape that I have never experienced before even on a vlcd.
If you want a way to lose your 3 stone in an enjoyable way that doesn't take over your life and a plan that has longevity and you are not likely to get diet fatigue on then give juddd a try , embrace the concept and I am sure you won't regret it x

Felix, I'm lurking on the JUDDD boards as I'm currently in between diets, so to speak - did I meet you on the cambridge boards before with tano? I'm also interested in how this diet works and I'm getting ready to take the plunge I think, hope to do it with you! Will be interested to see how you get on anyway :)

bajoleth said:
Hi Felix, I think the weight loss is the same 1-2 lbs a week when you are in the swing of it, but the BIG difference between the 2 is the Health benefits that have been extensively researched and the effect ADF has on the way your body uses its fat stores effectively. Lots start Juddd then get fed up due to 1lb loss a week but what a lot are failing to realise or notice is how its actually affecting their body, I have had weeks where I have STS only 1 week of gain (probably due to totm) but I have continued to shrink regardless of what the scales are telling me, I look so much smaller than my weight would suggest I am even seeing my arms tone up and I don't even work out. I am not alone in these findings, there is an American forum that has loads of Juddd members experience the exact same thing and indeed I have just made a thread a sticky today because its about not losing weight but looking smaller etc. I have tried nearly all the diets out there and they all work for me but only short term I am always looking forward till the day comes when I give up and have that chocolate or garlic bread I have been craving. You don't get that on Juddd/ADF you are not on a diet on your UP days and if you can truly embrace that concept Juddd is truly life changing. I have been on judd now for 21 weeks and I have seen comings and goings of so many members , the ones that are successfull are the ones that 'get it' and know that its a lifestyle change that will work but not overnight its not a VLCD and you won't get those results but what you do get is a diet that fits in with you, allows you to eat those foods you crave, and when you are actually given permission to eat them its strange how you don't really eat them anymore, and a fast changing shape that I have never experienced before even on a vlcd.
If you want a way to lose your 3 stone in an enjoyable way that doesn't take over your life and a plan that has longevity and you are not likely to get diet fatigue on then give juddd a try , embrace the concept and I am sure you won't regret it x

Thanks so much for the reply! I know I need to remember that I am allowed to eat what I like on up days and not worry. I'm great at sticking to a diet for a couple of weeks then losing interest and giving up. I'm still in the mindset of following a VLCD and it's hard to get out of!

I know exactly what you mean about being smaller even though you weigh more. I've actually found after I have lost weight on JUDDD and put a bit back on, I am still smaller now than when I was following Cambridge as I still fit in my smaller work trousers and I couldn't do them up at this weight on CD!!! Very odd!!

I defo need to just trust the diet as I know it works. Need to try and stop eating so much sugar on my up days I think...

CheeseGirl said:
Felix, I'm lurking on the JUDDD boards as I'm currently in between diets, so to speak - did I meet you on the cambridge boards before with tano? I'm also interested in how this diet works and I'm getting ready to take the plunge I think, hope to do it with you! Will be interested to see how you get on anyway :)

Yes I remember you! How are you? In always in between diets haha. I followed JUDDD for a few weeks and did ok but then fell off the wagon spectacularly when it was my birthday last month and have only just got back on. I do love the plan and it definitely works from seeing people's results on here, but it's just so hard to get in to the idea of eating what you like and losing weight after being on and off Cambridge for so long...

hello, juddd is definitely a good diet and ive followed it for 5 weeks now and i can see a difference in my shape and i've started losing weight on it too now. the only problem i have is that i struggle on my down days but im at a low weight anyway so for me, my calorie allowance for DDs is very low, on the website it says i can have 380 cals which is crazy! ive moved that to 500 cals because i cant stick at 380 but my other problem is that on the up days, unless i stick to around 1700 cals, i gain too much and my DDs dont balance my weight back.

i know there's plenty of others who enjoy the freedom of juddd but for me, my weight just doesnt shift when i have a big up day so in that sense i feel i cant really relax on the ups. ive decided to stick with calorie shifting and have 2 higher days at 2000 cals, 3 medium days at 1500 cals and 2 lower days at 800 cals which averages at around 1500 per day over a week to see if that works for me. i'll keep u posted on how i do but i really do think everyone needs to find what works best for their body and give eating plans at least a month to see if it suits you x

I agree with you lumpy, for those wanting to lose their last few pounds Juddd does seem to be more of a struggle, well thats what we have seen on this forum anyway, not sure the reason why and I am sure you would get there in the end, its a very individual plan and I have come to learn that what works for one person may not work for another, experimenting and jiggling about can usually find a pattern that works for you. There have been some members who have lost their last few pounds on Juddd though, Caroline Louise being one I know of and she did it whilst on holiday so it can be done x

yes jo i agree it defo works as i have lost over the past few weeks and seen a shape change so im disappointed that im struggling so much on the DDs. obviously just a personal thing as loads of others here seem to enjoy their DDs as they feel it 'resets' them! i find im struggling because my cals are meant to be very low on DDs and i just cant stick to that amount so im hoping that calorie shifting, which is similar to juddd after a fashion, will work for me like juddd has been doing! i'll keep posting on here as its a kind of judding i'll be doing and others can see how im managing. i think no matter what diet you do, its always hard getting the last few lbs off, grrr! x

Back