JUDDDing my wa to goal!

TaraTeal

Silver Member
Hi Everyone,

I'm Tara and I've just started JUDDD this week after much deliberation over which path to follow. I lost a significant amount of weight for my wedding on S&S earlier this year, I felt quite sluggish, my metabolism must have slowed considerabley too. I went away on honeymoon and gained the best part of a stone and a half. Came back and felt awful, didn't want to diet anymore and felt fed up about having to lose the same lbs I'd already worked so hard to lose the first time.

I tried and kept failing to get back on the vlcd, maybe I will do another stint in the future but at the moment I think I've felt so deprived for so long I didn't want to carry on with it. I am giving JUDDD a try, one of the main things is that I can almost combine the vlcd I was doing and slimming world which is great, also I really want to get fitter and exercise much more, something I couldn't do whilst on te vlcd.

I am going to post my losses after DD on a roughly weekly basis, if i get losses! haha really hope so.

One thing I know I will struggle with is that I am used to having large losses, 3 to 5lbs per week from the vlcd, I need to know not to expect that on JUDDD, think it will take my head time to catch up with that fact.

I am so shocked at the amount of weight I've gained back so quickly, I don't think I've been eating that badly to be fair, but after a vlcd I know you have to be very careful and looking back I haven't been.

I am not going to post my weight, just my losses for now.

Cals yesterday were 460 and today 2200, burned 350cals this evening too. Good couple of days. Tomorrow is a down day, low cal jelly pot for breakfast me thinks. I try and go as long as I can on a DD without eating anything 'calorific'. Will be drinking some Dr pepper zero and lots of water to keep me feeling full!

Hello, and welcome. There r a few from vlcd here. I myself included, although I decided to go back to it to use up my packs as they were very neatly out of date n I don't wanna waste my money! It is hard adjusting to the reduced loss each week but a lb of fat is a lot! And getting to actually eat to lose those lbs r pretty terrific x

Hi and welcome x, what you will probably find, which seems to be fairly common on juddd, is that the 1lbs may be slower to drop away (but you may have a good loss this week if you havent been dieting just prior to juddd ) but because your body uses its stores differently and the weight you lose will be actual fat not water or muscle, you will see a lot of NSV. VLCD are fab at quick fast weight loss I lost 28lbs last year on s+s and got down to 11st 7lbs, I came off it as like you I wanted to lose weight fast for an event and gained 11 lbs in a week !! Needledd to say the weight went back on plus more. The weird thing is even though I am heavier at the moment my size is the same as it was last year when I was 11 7 (I am now 12 5 official weight) thats the Juddd effect :D Sorry for waffling on but its important to remember that its not just the weight that counts , I had a STS this week but am unconcerned as I have had more NSV this week, I have no doubt the scales will catch up. All our weight loss rates seem to be very different thats another thing about Juddd it seems to affect people in individual ways. All I know is that I have now been dieting for about 3 mths and am not fed up and am not looking at getting to goal so I can have all the foods I want to eat, as I can do that ever other day, I am not looking at getting off Juddd ever I see it as a normal woe now and when I get to goal, which I will no matter how long it takes me, I will have DD to help me maintain, I would miss DD s if I were not allowed to have them anymore ha ha. Sorry I am rambling now but as you can tell I am a complete Juddd convert and would love the rest of the world to love it as much as me !!
Have a good day x

Hi Jo,

Thanks for your reply, very interesting. I am 1lb down in the last two days, and even after my up day yesterday which I really enjoyed with a roast din! I am still that same lb down. I hope to lose 2lbs per week, but inch loss is more important and I do really want to boost my exercise and can safely say that I really enjoyed my evening workout last night and plan another tonight, even though today is a DD and I've just come back from going in on my day off to help in the office! I have an afternoon of painting garden fences and washing my car to keep my mind off food, I think JUDDD will suit me, I can handle DDs as I am used to vlcd, and I know that tomorrow I can eat normal foods. I do struggle to fill up my cal intake to 2100 though, without eating unecessary junk, will see how that goes as I don't really want to be consuming huge carb quantites.

It's going well so far and I have a goal in mind for out holidays next year of how I would like to look. I feel focused again now after weeks of being in limbo!

Apparently burned over 1000cals by doing 4 hours of painting in the garden. I am on a DD and don't know what to do, I've only had 116cals upto now and I've burned off over 1000cals. Still have 300 to eat anyway but should I have more being as I've burned off so many today? Think I will be very hungry tomorrow if I don't have anything to eat today??? help anyone?

Welcome Tara :) Hope juddd works for you, im sure you will enjoy it :D xxx

No, from what others have said its about actual fuel (
Calories) consumed that is the important factor, don't eat back tour calories. X

No, don't get too excited. It is entirely possible right enough! But no, I done a.vlcd before my wedding. I have been dieting since November, on and off x

Hi Tara. I've also come over to JUDDD after being on a VLCD. Been struggling for ages and swapped to JUDDD and feel loads better already. How are you finding it? :)

T2G, I did the same for my wedding got down from 242lbs to 185lbs for the big day doing mostly vlcd, went on honeymoon for 11 days and came back 203lbs! Gained some more since too. Very disheartening having to lose the same lbs again, it was hard enough the first time. Tried to get back on my VLCD but I kept bingeing so decided to put a stop to it as the scales were creeping up again.

I must say I am really enjoying JUDDD so far, I am going to weigh in on sat for my first official loss as I didn't properly start until saturday. I do feel like my engery level has boosted somewhat after doing the vlcd and now doing this, I went to work this morning got back and spend 4 hours painting in the garden.

I also gained during my honeymoon, Nd then after but I restarted diet n got down. I have charted my weight loss all the way from start till.now on mfp and they show u a graph n yes my chart had peaks but the obvious downward trend is motivating, Nd the regains n re losses don't bother ne as much x

You did so well on sns and I know you'll do great here! Good luck sweetie x

Thanks sweetie! I think I've got my focus coming back, and my determination, the wedding was such a big motivation but we have two holidays planned for next year and I would love to be slim for them, and not hiding from the camera! It would be a really nice thought of wearing swimwear without shorts over, or a wrap of some kind.

The scales have dropped again after my second DD this week, looking forward to weigh in on sat too, TOTM is due anytime too.

Liking JUDDD so far, and it's timed it nicely for a lovely sunny day, hubby is off work, so hes catching up from sleep from night shift then dinner time we are going to see new batman film, then off for a walk on the seafront hopefully do a couple of hours walking, and then we are going for a meal together. Not sure where yet, but I fancy steak!

Happy to be 3.5lbs down since saturday. DD today and oh my god I could eat a manky dog. Will be strong though!!! I went to shop and got lots of light jellies and some slim a soups that are 50cals each! Might taste awful though, will try them friday on next DD. Also got some golden grahams cereals for tomorrow, I love them for breakfast and only have them occasionally, but oh, saw them on offer an thought what the hell, it's guilt free!

TaraTeal said:
Happy to be 3.5lbs down since saturday. DD today and oh my god I could eat a manky dog. Will be strong though!!! I went to shop and got lots of light jellies and some slim a soups that are 50cals each! Might taste awful though, will try them friday on next DD. Also got some golden grahams cereals for tomorrow, I love them for breakfast and only have them occasionally, but oh, saw them on offer an thought what the hell, it's guilt free!

3.5lbs off is fantastic, especially as you can eat pretty much what you want every other day. So happy for u, xxxx

Mmmmmmm golden grahams are my ultimate favourite cereal!!! I'm totally buying some tonight now! Well done on the 3.5lb, great result so far :) I got some tins of WW soup from Asda for down days. Had the chicke noodle one yesterday and it was actually really nice, and only 53 cals :D

Might have to get some WW soups then, that sounds nice. I love Golden Grahams, already weighed out a 50g portion for breakfast tomorrow, along with 2 crumpets, then jacket potato and tuna n cheese for lunch, then slimming world egg chips and beans for tea. Still got loads of cals left too! like 650cals! So maybe a couple of bananas thrown in!

Ace loss, well done Tara! I strongly recommend the WW chicken soup, its (I think) 92 cals and tastes better imo than the Heinz one! Great for a winters day (I know. It's July. But I'm in Aberdeen, we don't get Summer)!

Back