Juju_doll's Diary - Day One - Again!

Hehehe oh yes i tested today and definitely in ketosis as if the breath wasn't enough to give it away :eek:

I might try the porridge this evening :D

Hope you gave the porridge a go, just had my second bowl this evening and it is really filling. Craving something crispy though, but will try and ignore that .... glad the ketosis has kicked in, just wait till your first weigh in!
Well the best news of the day is that the springer spaniel that went missing was found today. No idea what happened, but will find out more tomorrow. I was so pleased about it, could hardly sleep last night I was so worried about that poor dog. Just glad he's back with his family.
Off for my weigh-in tomorrow and part of me is hoping that I might see the 12s on the scales. Really have no idea how i've got on this week. Have been very good all week so I know I will have lost something, but there never seems to be a pattern as to how much comes off, I know it's a big hope, will need to lose 5lbs to hit the 12s so i'm not holding my breath. 12 stone something just seems so much more normal! Just keep your fingers crossed for me!

I'm sure you will be in the 12's :) but as you say, no pattern to this diet so who knows!! One for certain, you will have lost something and if it isn't much this time, it will be the next! :D Oooh, just noticed.. not long 'til your birthday!! :D :D :D got anything good planned? (love birthdays, lol) How old are you going to be? (I know you are wayyyyyyyyyyyy younger than me.. lol.. so if I am still of an age to celebrate then you MUST be! ) :giggle: Looking forward to seeing how you get on tomorrow , fingers and all crossed :D

Well, I only lost half a pound, takes me down to 13 stone 3lbs, so nowhere near the 12s really. I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't disappointed. This 12 stone thing seems like a holy grail, it really does.
There are plenty of things to blame it on, TOTM, and the fact I have hardly drunk any water this week. Plus, I have started having the psyllium husk porridge and my stomach is feeling very bloated so I think I need to try to get used to it going through my system. Plus I need to drink more water to flush it through my system.

Maybe the most important factor is .... I haven't binged. Despite the fact it was all I thought about from the moment I got off the scales until the moment I got home, I've managed it. I ticked off every supermarket and McDonalds as I went past it! But, I DID IT! I'm hoping this is a good sign and another step towards not letting the food rule me.
So tomorrow is another day, in the words of Scarlet O'Hara and Ailsa has released my scales for temporary bail so I can get on them tomorrow morning and just see that number 12, and perhaps i'll get over seeing it on her scales!
Off to bed now, feel completely drained!

Okay, first things first... you are a total and utter diamond! You went, you weighed, you lost.. yeah it was 0.5lbs but it was a loss... I know exactly how you feel.. I lost 0.8lbs one week and was gutted... therein lays our choices.. binge coz we feel bad or grit teeth and tell ourselves, it doesn't matter, I stuck to it, it WILL come off next week!! I know what choice you will make coz you went to bed. It's a fantastic sign, don't doubt it for a second!! You DID IT!! YOU made a decision that will have a marked impact on your thinking.. you did it this time, you can do it again.. :D :D :D :D :D :D Your scales will reveal that magical 12 this week I am sure.. and if not honey, next week... just hang on in there and it will happen - no doubt about it. Sending hugs and hope to you for a lovely day today xxxx

wow well done for resisting the food. and well done for loosing, its a loss no matter what. you are doing great and as you say that 12 is just round the corner.

reading your post you have made me realise that we have to celebrate the positives and realise that we are getting there no matter how slowly it might seem. we are changing our lives and that sort of thing can't be rushed. wow, I should write that down to remember it. thanks for the inspiration.

well done
xx

Well got through the day and no binging, came home and had a nice hot shower so I couldn't even leave the house to get food! Feeling a bit more upbeat today, have brushed myself off and kept going. Was 13stone 0 on my scales this morning, so will hopefully see the 12s in the next few days.

Thanks Jennie for your kind words, this diet is one hell of a rollercoaster, physically and mentally. Just feel a bit messed up about it at the moment, slightly scared to embrace the new me!

Had a very busy but fairly uneventful day. Spent the morning rehearsing 'Joseph' which is nearly blocked, just a matter of tidying it all up now. Have so much paperwork to do at school it is really rather scary! Don't have much planned for the weekend though so plenty of time to plough through it on. Still really enjoying the psyllium husk porridge, just hoping it is not the thing that has slowed my weight loss down!

well done
xx
Thanks for the support kazbro, hope you're doing ok.

wow well done for resisting the food. and well done for loosing, its a loss no matter what. you are doing great and as you say that 12 is just round the corner.

reading your post you have made me realise that we have to celebrate the positives and realise that we are getting there no matter how slowly it might seem. we are changing our lives and that sort of thing can't be rushed. wow, I should write that down to remember it. thanks for the inspiration.

Em, what a lovely thing to say. Brought a tear to my eye. You're right though, we can't just give up on this diet. If we do, we'll just get back to where we were before! And i'm never going back there again. So we'll just have to keep going, head down and get on with it. You have done fantastically on your diet too, bet people hardly recognise you after such a big loss. Keep it up. x

...this diet is one hell of a rollercoaster, physically and mentally. Just feel a bit messed up about it at the moment, slightly scared to embrace the new me!
know exactly where you are coming from on this one hon, it's bizarre and weird and pretty scary too at times. It'll be ok in the end though and, by the time you read this, I bet you'll be in the 12's! :) The husks have never slowed things down for me and I have them every day... so.. hopefully the same will go for you too :) Glad to hear you more upbeat tonight. xx

You're right ... 12 stone 13 on the scales this morning ... :D :D :D :D :D

AT LAST!!!

:clap::clap::clap: hee hee hee

am I allowed to say 'I told you so' ??

Yeeharr!!!! Get you!!! UNDER 13stone and INTO the 12's!!! woooohooooooooooo :D :D :D :D :D :D

You are definitely allowed to say 'I told you so!'
Really so pleased that it happened today. I just needed to see that number and prove I could actually get there.
Thank the lord it is the weekend, it has been a busy and knackering week. Had to have a 2 hour cat nap this afternoon and i'm still tired! Got a busy day tomorrow, I'm off to a 3 year olds birthday party at lunchtime and I need to get in to the garden and sort it out.
So off to bed now, but with a much happier attitude! Thank you for your lovely comments, thank God the weight has started to shift!

whaddya mean 'started to shift' ???? urm... s'cuse me... lol but LOOK at your weight loss!!! lol fricking 72lbs of it has 'shifted' thus far!! lol

You are fabulous!! Honest!! Have an ace day (lets hope the sun comes out!!) will catch up again very soon! :D :D So delighted about the 12's for you... must be WONDERFUL!!! :D :D :D

Actually it's 79lbs if we're being pedantic ... I know, I know ... but sometimes it's very easy to forget about the bigger picture and focus just on the problem at hand. It's just lovely to see the 12s on my scales, think I was about 13 the last time that happened!

Have had a busy weekend, but still feel I haven't got much done. Spent saturday morning geting gardening stuff and pressies for a friend's birthday. Then I went to help at their 3 year olds party, which was great fun and I was very proud that I managed to avoid all the party food ... just kept swigging back the water!

Evening spent in trying to sort out my messy house and I discovered freecycle! I've now managed to get rid of an old ice-cream maker, a cat basket and an ab trimmer ... probably should use the ab trimmer but can't be bothered, especially with my new slendertone.!

Today I braved the masses at Ikea and got an armchair bed which I need for my friend who is coming to stay next week. He hasn't seen me since I've lost the weight and has no idea I have been dieting so I'm hoping it will be a good shock for him! Popped in to Milton Keynes and continued my new hobby of exploring shops I've never been in to before! Have continued my tidying up this afternoon and i'm trying to get some work done for next week ... at least attempt some planning! Then it's an early night for me I think as i'm tired and a bit peckish, best off to bed soon! Hope everyone else had a good weekend.

oops, sorry, 79lbs it is indeed (I misread your ticker!)

Know what you mean about weekends passing far too quickly - roll on this weekend (oh I love Bank Hols!) lol

Freecyle is the bees knees and dogs danglies!! I've been using if for years and cleared out an entire loft to complete strangers lol. It's a good feeling to get rid of stuff!

Your friend is going to be SO shocked, tee hee, you'll love the reaction I bet! :D :D :D

I love the shop exploring too.. went to The Galleria on Sat in Hatfield and walked into a shop I would NEVER have set foot in before! lol Didn't buy anything, just browsed!!

Now you're down in those 12's there'll be no holding you back! :D So glad you are enjoying things now and look forward to hearing about your friends reaction ! :) I guarantee you'll wish you had a video camera ! lol

Thought i'd add an updated photo for you!
Weight has still hardly moved, still 12st 13 on my scales so have stopped the psyllium husk porridge just to see if it has any effect .... and then I ate half a bowl of my housemate's paella. Was mostly chicken and veg, so don't feel too guilty, but back on the straight and narrow tomorrow!

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 034 (449 x 600).jpg
    Picture 034 (449 x 600).jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 175
Back