Julies Diary: A post for each day inside!

kingiejules

I'm on 100% TFR

First of all, I have many reasons for starting this diet, some are silly and some are serious. A comment was passed by my boyfriends ex a few weeks ago (who isnt that small herself!) and I knew I had to do something. I had always found myself comparing myself (not just to her) to friends and other people so its time I became that someone, I used to be comparing myself to!

An even bigger inspiration was my friend. She has lost 3 stone in 2 months on the diet so she asked me to go on it as she re-fed and was starting again. So we're diet buddies now

Day 1: 05/01/12 LET'S GO!

This day was relatively easy, i think it really was the excitement that got me through and as I read the posts on the forum, I kept wishing I was further along or nearer my weigh in day just to see results (I can be very impatient :p). See I've done diets before to no avail but the last shake diet I did (the tesco one) I lost 2 stone quite quickly think it was over 3 months (but that was with eating a meal) so i wanted to try something a little bit more extreme to see how I would cope. I drank the chocolate and strawberry shakes with the chicken soup and i felt ok. I'm not a huge fan of the soup and since have found the vanilla shake the most horrible. So I went onto asos and boohoo and saved a few items in a cart in smaller sizes so I at least could aim for them!

Day 2: 06/01/12- Food in my Face Day!

This was the day that I really felt the hunger pangs but as above, I remembered why I was doing the diet and went browsing at more dresses. There's a shop in my town that only sells up to size 12 so off I went to give myself that kick in the ass. Then I had a phone call from my college supervisor who wanted to go to lunch in the local hotel to discuss my thesis. Off I went, nervous as hell, as when he says lunch, he means a dinner plus more and sat down. First thing I ordered was a large pot of tea. He asked me what food I wanted and I told him I wasnt hungry and he said to get something small. I ended up telling him what I was doing and he told me he would put me to the test and ate a huge fry in front of me plus a dessert. I was fine because I had my tea but I'm just glad I was on day 2- had that been yesterday, I may have caved. Later that night, I had a family going away party and of course there was finger food and wine. I sat with a large thermos cup of black tea in the crowd and then the questions started. The excuse I was driving didnt suffice so I told a few people. Now I am the largest out of all of them ie they are all size 10 and under and I have always been a 14-16. It was hard to hear the comments that were passed and the misunderstandings of the diet. Trying to explain why I was doing the diet, that it was for me, not my boyfriend, not anyone else didnt really help so I ended up leaving early. Only one of them was supportive and if I achieve my goal weight, she asked me to be bridesmaid at her wedding. Not that I particularly wanted to be but its a slight motivation towards the long term future to keep the weight I lose off. All I can say is thank god for minimins app on my phone and for steve jobs for making the iphone. I probably would have given in to shut them up that night but I'm glad I didnt- at look at me now gaining more confidence and some willpower! Woo!

Day 3: 07/01/12 I'm hungryyyyy!

This was clear out day. As its only us two living in the house, with him working shifts and eating at work, I had realised the amount of food that I had accumulated just for me as well as the amount of wine! So out with the shopping bags and I filled 6 large tesco bags. I was slightly ashamed. All this food was for me and me alone and I can only imagine what poundage it would have led to had I not made the decision to go forward with weightloss. Feeling kind of sad with myself I went down town. I met a friend and the "lunch" conversation came up, I couldnt refuse her so I went. Lunch ended up just being a pot of tea between us which was fab. Made it so much easier. The evening was hard as I went to my boyfs parents house and I usually have wine with his mam when I go there....not anymore. So I drank water from a wine glass and what was weird was found myself actually sipping water like i would wine just to give me the feeling that i was drinking wine.

Day 4: 08/01/2012 Food??? Eh!

Woke up this morning late about 11:30am (which I have been doing since I started the diet and I could never do before?!?) and jumped straight on this to see if there were any new posts. I completely forgot that I had to have my shake until about about 1:30. I had no hunger pangs at all. I noticed myself in early ketosis on day 2 and my mouth was very dry and the yucky breath was there. I do have a problem drinking all the water but managed two litres yesterday so thats all i'm going to do a day. I don't feel any desire for food whatsoever, my boyfriend is currently eating a massive roll beside me, I can smell it but I'm cringing at it at the same time. A week ago, i would have made him half it with me. See, this is what I have found so good. I have always had a love hate relationship with food and I realised my eating is driven by emotions but also my surroundings. I used to eat because others were eating, not because I wanted to, but because I felt that I had to and having realised that now I wish I had started this diet a year ago. My start weight was 14st 2lbs, I'm 24 and I'm 5ft 6. I don't look overly heavy because I'm tall but I live in heels and that helps. But it is in no way healthy for me to be that. I always denied my weight and would not stand on a scales, I just used sizes to gauge how I was. But even at my heaviest I was a small 16 or large 14 and kept eating because 14 was a good size to be etc. It was only when I saw a few pictures recently of myself from the back that i was horrified to see rolls of fat. I felt disgusting that I put so much effort into how I looked but that i actually didnt look good. It doesn't really help that I have a 38DD chest either (which I hope to lose a lot of). I just looked frumpy and not good. Some of my friends are a 14 and they look fab but I think I was just in denial of my true size and was squeezing into things to make myself look good when I really wasn't. I find this diet so therapeutic, I don't think I would ever have found a counselor as good as the men and women on this or the diet itself at how it makes you reflect on yourself and plan for the future. I know its just day 4 but I can already see a change. my "size 14" jeans are actually fitting me as a size 14 and not a squeeze. So I went back to the internet and onto asos and boohoo and I ordered those dresses!

I hope to be on this diet 10 weeks with a week after of re-feed and then maintenance. As it stands now, I have no desire to ever go back on food again but thats just silly talk and I know that. I know I have to eat again at some stage and I will, it'll just be healthier and smaller than before. I have so much to look forward to this year and have set a date in February as a kind of coming out party for my new figure. Nobody outside my family knows I'm on this diet- I haven't told my friends, mainly because I want to surprise them. I've used the excuse of not going out until February because of work and won't really see them until around that time anyways with the commitments that they have themselves. What I really want to do is rub it in the faces of those who called me fat and called me stupid names before out of complete jealousy and trying to hurt me. I'm determined to kick my habits and get back into my size 10-12s asap. 10st is my goal weight but I would like to get into the 9s.

Next week I'm going to introduce walking and start putting my dog through his paces. I'm a teacher also, so I know next week when we start back to school is going to be a hard one but I'm just glad that I'll be busy and walking around that school will be good exercise also!!

Just wanted to share my journey so far and my story. In relation to the shakes it doesn't really matter to me what they taste like, if I like them or not, I know they will give me results but i'll be getting rid of vanilla :p.

Before going on this diet I did research into the ins and outs of it and read the nasty reviews. To be honest, I've never felt more comfortable on a diet and this is just the beginning. All diets have some risks, people CAN gain back wait if they don't work to keep it off. That's life- that's not the result of a diet. I know I'm gonna work my ass off to keep my weight off and make it stay off because I don't want to lose myself again and for once I want to be able to pick things off a rack or out on a website and know that they will fit me, so I can feel good in myself and not have to suck my tummy in to look good in an outfit or to look thinner in a photo.

My first weigh in is Thursday 12th January so I will hopefully post it and let you know how i go. I'm a bit concerned I wont lost the average stone for the first weigh in but any loss is a good loss in my eyes and i'm just going to keep going!

Never give up hope! You are worth it and so am I!

Today can only get better and tomorrow will be so much easier! Keep telling yourself that!

Over and Out!

J x

Day 4: 08/01/12. I need sleep

It's half twelve at night, I can't sleep and I've eight 40minute classes of hormonal teenagers to deal with, I might as well be joining them tomorrow. Tummy is growling away which can only mean good things while other half is snoring happily beside me, just want to punch him! He's even thinking of starting this but he wants to see my week one results which is fair enough. To finish off day 4 the rubbish he had was followed by more rubbish. I think he's testing me. He has to be. So out to the blender and I'm using up the second last vanilla as KateDublin recommended. I know I'm not hungry, I couldn't be. I'm on my second bottle of water (actually proud of myself) and I'm happy out that for once I'm not finishing off the food he has left over (I'm used to it, mainly do it for the starving children in Africa, ye know what I'm on about ;-) ). I think I made another break through today too, shortly after posting I put on the runners and off I went for a 2 mile walk, bottle of water in one hand and the dog in the other. Collapsed to a cup of lovely black tea when I came home and did a bit of work for tomorrow. I'm quite nervous for tomorrow actually. I normally have a huge lunch so I know there will be questions and probably a shop run, but I know I can do it. And then there's the cake and biscuits, all my new enemies! I'm not going to let it beat me though. Hunger will pass with water. It's just the sleeping I've to get around but honestly haven't felt as good in ages and as determined! maybe it might rub off on the kids tomorrow. Here's hoping! Over and out!

Julie x

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this much detail, it's really interesting to see/hear someone else's thoughts, emotions, actions & inspirations of the first week on Lipotrim.

I nearly cracked twice..... but I have to say I'm finding this site a great help.

Whenever I think "oh my god - 8 weeks or so with NO FOOD!" I want to die, but then I think like AA, ie. only try to do TODAY on lipotrim, not tomorrow or next week, just today. And that has also helped.

all the best on your journey.

PS

Have you tried the vanila with hot water and with 1 sweetner tablet (it's allowed(

I actually LOVE it that way - and it helps to heat you up too.

Glad to hear your doing so well. Fantastic start.

Don't let the others pull you down. I wish I had the courage/strength that you have to face up to my issues when I had the amount to lose that's your goal. If losing weight was just about eating less and exercising more everyone would do it!

I met someone who is on Lighterlife on a course recently. We do a lot of training which involves buffet lunches in the middle and no had noticed she hadn't eaten in the four months she'd been doing it.

Her tip was to take a small amount of food on your plate (if any one asks, be truthful and tell them your cutting down) and pick up a napkin. Then you need to circulate a little, plate in hand. Then cover your food with the napkin and return the plate to the buffet table

she said no one has "rumbled" her as their usually to busy scarfing down their own food

Good luck and keep us updated. I really enjoyed reading your posts

Fair play to you. It's gonna be a great journey. I hope your insight helps others starting this diet - you sound so determined and optimistic - I have no doubt you will plough on. I do believe something triggers people to do this diet and whatever that thing is, it has begun for you. Good luck with the rest of your journey. You will be happier and happier every week. Stick with it - the results are incredible.

What a fantastic diary of your feelings. We've all been there and many people don't understand the diet. I just tell them that it has given me the boot up the bum I needed. When you have a lot to loose it is so demotivating to only loose a couple of lbs a week. But This diet gives you the momentum you need and you loose weight so quickly and you feel so good it keeps you motivated. You are doing this for you and it sounds like your head is so in the right place. Good luck I look forward to reading your posts.

All of this is normal. You will not want food, want food. Like a shake then go completely off it and like one you didn't to start with. You'll find it hard to drink water than then be having to stop yourself drinking too much. Keep the end goal in sight and keep on this site for support. At the time it will seem hard going but when you look back at your first week and then month you'll realise it's passed in a flash xxxx

Thanks a million for all the comments girls hope you are all doing well!! x

Day 5: 09/01/12: Dizziness and Silliness

I decided not to have a shake this morning or to be honest ran out the door and completely forgot about having a shake this morning- I'm just so used to not eating anything for breakfast. I really shouldn't have skipped one so soon into LT and wouldn't recommend it until you and totally immersed in it like 3 weeks in or so. I brought a litre of water with me for the day and decided to have a few strong coffees there to kill the smell of any food that would be around me. This was my first day of work on this diet so I knew it would be hard and oh my god was I glad to get home. Forgetting to have the shake, I believe sent my body into a weird deprival mode. I wasn't looking for food, I wasn't even hungry, I just wanted my shake so bad and couldn't get home as school is about 20km from my house. So I soldiered on. I found myself getting light headed and extremely tired. I didn't sleep last night so that didn't help at all. I think it was 3am before I finally passed out. I didn't like the way I felt all day and since rushing home to take my shake, I do feel a little better but I will remember not to forget again. I had headaches etc and was really ratty

On the plus side- day 5 is just over and I've two more shakes to go! Thinking strawberry and a hot chocolate for later and early to bed. I felt no hunger whatsoever and welcomed every bellyache because I knew it was getting rid of something. So far I'm really enjoying this diet, like really enjoying it. I don't feel I need to eat and I avoided baked goods and finger food today with other staff. Still a bit shaky from all the coffee but i would definitely not recommend anyone to ever skip a shake! Especially in the morning! So I'm thinking of asking for flapjacks for week 2 and stick to full days of shakes at the weekend, just so I am being sociable and eating something while they are!

Still gaining confidence too in every way also! I cannot believe how much I have changed within 5 days from abusing food as a luxury to respecting it as fuel. I do admit I am in a way looking forward to eating again but I seem to be leaning more towards looking at fish recipes now than chicken or anything else. Just goes to show what a little support, motivation and determination can do to get you on the right track. I know 110% I will keep the weight off, once it is off because I won't want to start all this work over again. Time is too precious! Especially with a family wedding now in May!! Lets go body, keep on burning it away!!

How is everyone else getting on????

One things for sure I cannot wait to sleep tonight!!!

Julie x

Last edited:
You've got such a great attitude to this,I love it.Wishing you all the best on this diet hun x

You've got such a great attitude to this,I love it.Wishing you all the best on this diet hun x

Thanks a million twinkle!! It actually motivates me more if I know I have to write something on it so glad this forum is here!! Hope you are doing well!! :)

Day 6: 10/01/12 Let THEM eat cake!

Sipping away at my lovely hot chocolate shake right now! Yummy. So I set about 3 reminders on my phone so I would take a shake for breakfast today so drank a lovely strawberry one with ice this morning on the way in. Wow, was the day so much better than yesterday. I had no light headedness, I wasn't irritable (infact gave no homework to most classes) and I was happy. And for once, I slept early enough to get sleep, passed out at about 2am. Woke up in extreme sweats though which was weird. Some people have PM'd me about (skip a few lines if you don't want to read)my pee and pooing. I'm pooing ok, small amounts and my pee is clear, it was extreme yellow day 1 and 2 but it has evened out now. Still dreaming of food but not feeling any desire to eat it and proved to pass another mile stone today.....refusing chocolate cake.....something I could never do. Home Economics is a very popular subject in the school I teach in and so much so that half of what the kids make goes to the staff room. So even when I used to forget a lunch sometimes there was always hot food or a dessert that I could indulge with and today my demon faced me. Everyone else scoffed themselves and with every bite they took I new I had made the right decision because it was less pounds for me and I felt good for it. It was nice to feel confidence and that I didn't have to give in to eating just because they were.

AND ANOTHER THING! My size 14s are slightly big on me!! I can pull them off comfortably without opening the button and my old skinny jeans aren't so skinny right now! Little break through's make the biggest difference! So I've invested in an exercise bike and I've signed up to body attack classes and gym starts properly. So although the new me started 5 days ago, she starts today new, again, with booking all these things which will help weight loss and help me. Weigh in is Thursday evening and it cannot come quick enough. I know I said before about wanting to lose 15lbs the first week but I doubt that will happen. Since I brought up exercise like walking on the forum it has rained so haven't been doing much except walking around in school. I just want to know how much is gone so I can start week 2. And if its a good loss, I was be so so happy and if its a bad loss, its okay, because there is always next week- and I know 100% that I can come on here and I'll find someone or something that will cheer me up and re-motivate me. Whatever I've lost so far, its good, because I haven't gained anything!

Hope all you lovelys are having a nice day and are a psyched as me right now to get into week 2!

Good luck to everyone and hope those who weighed in today, were happy with the result!

Julie x

Last edited:
Isn't it such a lovely feeling when you feel in control.Saying no to chocolate cake is a fantastic result. Well done and good luck with the weigh in.

Day 7: 11/01/2012 Lose it!

I was "hungry" during the day but I think the excitement of what was to come today over-ruled anything. People in the staff room began to notice that i wasn't eating so I left it down to being good for the new year- really don't want to be arguing with people at work about whether or not this is going to go well for me. Drank lots of water today- some of my hair is falling out but its only a few stands more than usual when I brush it which is ok, I've a good head of thick hair! I'm so excited for weigh in but apprehensive at the same time as to how much I might lose and how quickly the rest will come off. Sleeping pattern has become way better and I'm sleeping the whole night in a deep sleep which is nice. The only thing that wakes me is my alarm so I'm happy. I was wrecked today when I woke up but that was mainly because I had a late night last night.

I'm really liking having the control back in my life in relation to food. I can sit with people and watch them eat or have people eat around me and although it smells good, I know that I don't need it. Food is fuel and although I loved it before, I'm beginning to think of all the money I wasted on such a basic thing. I used to buy expensive sauces and spices just to have on show in the kitchen and they were gotten rid of on my clear out day. I always bought high end branded products when in reality there is no difference- a spud is a spud like a carrot is a carrot at the end of the day. There is no need for fanciness or wastefulness with food as long as you're getting what you need out of it. When you can live on powdered shakes and sustain your body quite contently, I think you learn what food really is to you and how you can change your habits to suit your body and not your mind.

Weigh in is tomorrow! Fingers crossed!!

Julie x

DAY 7: UPDATE: Just weighed in 10lbs down from my weight! I can start changing stats now. So delighted really thought that I didn't have that much to go in the first week!! Week 2 here I come!! :D

Last edited:
Awww well done hun,that's a fantastic loss :D xxx

A brilliant loss and a brilliant diary.

Keep them both up please, I'm excited to follow the rest of your journey

dusty

Excellent diary hun... loving your fab attitude and honesty well done :D
10lbs off is awsome :D L xxx

Day 8: 12/01/12 Food demons try their best

Today was a good day, woke up to a beautiful morning and even though I had such a long day ahead, I was happy because for the first time in a long time I felt I had achieved something properly and I loved it. Lunch time at school went quickly, I decided to sign up for extra supervision so while they all eat in the staff room I'm off walking around the school which is getting in some well needed exercise without having temptation. I even brought my chicken soup to school today and made it happily (slightly lumpy with no blender though). I was drinking loads of water too which is a good thing for me with the struggle I had before.

I do however volunteer with a local youth group and they have a little snack shop with all the mini cans and mini bars and my mind was fixed on them. It was like dragging a child away from a toy. I kept thinking one little pack of haribo won't hurt, one can of coke will make you feel so much better and having the kids munching away didn't help so I left early to keep some sanity. But I had realised that was the first time that I was completely immersed in sugary foods since Xmas and I felt uncomfortable with it slightly and I'm mad at my mind already for tempting me to give up, I thought I was passed that. So I started making a loss list and hung it up and have my weigh in card in my wallet and pics on my phone of me to remind myself that's where sweets and coke put me and having lost some already it would be a shame to just end there.

I've noticed my jeans are baggy now and my tummy is very solid to touch whereas before it was squishy so wondering is that just my fluid gone. I had a headache this evening but I would just put that down to noise. I do have my light head spells but I'm adapting and I'm tired which is good because I know I've a lovely sleep tomorrow :)

Temptation is actually everywhere but its simple things that get you through. Like I know I have to finish out this course of diet but I can look forward to food and treating myself occasionally with some sweets or take away but I've to get this over me first and sort my eating to be able to go enjoy those in moderation in the future. It'll all add up to what I want in the end and I'll be better for it :) and so will you x x x

Julie

Last edited:
Hey Julie, don't forget to update yourself on the valentines challenge thread on the front Lipotrim page!

Back