July Challenge 2016

Slightly off challenge topic..

Whats everyones favourite SW Meal?

Do you all have that one meal you have regularly that you just couldn't be without? or do you save that favourite for a special treat?

Do you all have that one meal you have regularly that you just couldn't be without? or do you save that favourite for a special treat?

I really like the Sweet and Sour Chicken with Noodles, I make that in batches and freeze it so we have it loads!

I really like the Sweet and Sour Chicken with Noodles, I make that in batches and freeze it so we have it loads!
MMM sounds nice, is the recipe in a book? I like the sweet chilli chicken recipe, do you know it? - i usually do it with stir fry veg and noodles but I had it so often for a while I've gone off it a bit now :S

:eatdrink051::eatdrink051:

I'm trying to think - perhaps kedgeree or salmon fish cakes, when I can be bothered! OH OH OH! Or a Milanese risotto. So good and indulgent and if you use the cheese as your HEXA, then it is just a couple of syns for the wine in it. Made myself hungry for my supper before I've even had my lunch! I think I just usually think what takes my fancy to eat and if it is t a SW meal just making it SW friendly. I don't have any SW cookbooks though.

:eatdrink051::eat:

:eatdrink051::eatdrink051:

I'm trying to think - perhaps kedgeree or salmon fish cakes, when I can be bothered! OH OH OH! Or a Milanese risotto. So good and indulgent and if you use the cheese as your HEXA, then it is just a couple of syns for the wine in it. Made myself hungry for my supper before I've even had my lunch! I think I just usually think what takes my fancy to eat and if it is t a SW meal just making it SW friendly. I don't have any SW cookbooks though.

:eatdrink051::eat:
Im really not a big fish fan so never have anything like that, i am trying to eat more fish but I really am not a fan of fishy fish...haha - had to google the risotto and it sounds delicious!!

The cookbooks are ok, good for my boyfriend as he loves to follow a recipe, but tbh you can get it all online now. I just google 'SW' and then whatever it is I am after and bingo i find a recipe.

xx

Im really not a big fish fan so never have anything like that, i am trying to eat more fish but I really am not a fan of fishy fish...haha - had to google the risotto and it sounds delicious!!

The cookbooks are ok, good for my boyfriend as he loves to follow a recipe, but tbh you can get it all online now. I just google 'SW' and then whatever it is I am after and bingo i find a recipe.

xx

I don't eat meat so eat quite a lot of fish - I know what you mean about fishy fish though... There is only so much Quorn one can eat (though another favourite is Quorn low fat (syn free) sausages with mash, peas and gravy - a couple of syns worth of gravy is all!)

Such a bad idea to be ravenous and thinking of food just as I'm about to go in to do a quick food shop in my lunch break! :eatdrink023:

I don't eat meat so eat quite a lot of fish - I know what you mean about fishy fish though... There is only so much Quorn one can eat (though another favourite is Quorn low fat (syn free) sausages with mash, peas and gravy - a couple of syns worth of gravy is all!)

Such a bad idea to be ravenous and thinking of food just as I'm about to go in to do a quick food shop in my lunch break! :eatdrink023:
Sorry!

I love sausage, mash veg and gravy - easily one of my faves!

How did the food shop go? xx

weigh in today and another 1lb off....

but an important and awesome pound it is....

because it takes me into Onederland 199.00 :D

Ellie, that didn't take long! Boom

I've got an assault course of temptation this week, a meeting where lunch is provided...tonnes of sandwiches that are not SW friendly along with crisps Chinese and Indian savouries like mini spring rolls and bhajees. Made my on SW pasta carbonara with spinach no bacon.
Then graduation day tomorrow, full day out with family in tow ,eating out and pub. Give me strength!

don't know about strength... I'd recommend a mussel :p

Fab losses guys! Keep them coming :)

I have been hiding from the scales for weeks since my holiday (all inclusive), friends wedding, niece being born, meals out etc etc and I've gained 8.5lbs taking me 4lbs over my target. My aim is to shift that 4lbs next week but definitely by the week after. Currently hanging my head in shame!!

I shall update the chart tomorrow as it's far too hot to be messing about with laptops. I am now fully back on plan and have my head in the game. Just about to do a food order and plan my food for the week. Feeling energised! Xx

No need to be shamefaced :D You have totally got it under control and will be back to target in no time x I love a good planning session :D

didnt weigh in this week as I was too ill to go
home scales are on the way down so I might hit target next week (I live in hope)

Oh no poor you.... feel better soon x Good luck with getting to target :D

Hi Sarah!

Lost 4.5lbs this evening! Hurrah!

Well done everyone the chart is looking great!

Oh my goodness.... that's awesome :D

Hi,

Didn't make it to Boots this week to weigh myself (hectic weekend!). Can't imagine it was good, the whole of last week was completely off plan so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a gain! :(

Well with no weigh in..... time to pull it back before you get on the scales again .... good luck sweetie x

Chuffed, a whole pound off! 13'4 now.

Rode your way to victory once again :D

OMG sorry. Fell off the wagon a bit (a lot) STS last week and -1lb this week. Gawd knows how!

Back on it now.

Big applause for the pound off.... but even bigger applause for getting back on the old wagon x

Oooo.... great question...

3 things stand out for me....

Slimming World Pancakes
Middle Eastern Lentil Broth
Malaysian Chicken and Red Pepper Curry....

whoop..... just went a bit Homer Simpson.... Drool....

Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 16.08.41.png

well done @X88B88 for getting back on the wagon, i know just how tough that can be but we will get our mojo back. If you need any help just give me a shout. xx

Back