July Challenge 2016

Question for us all today…

Do you plan your meals or do you just wing it?

If you plan how much do you plan, do you plan the syns too? If you plan do you stick to it?

If you wing it how do you find that, do you just go meal to meal or do you plan what you are having each morning? How do you decide what syns to have each day? xx

Usually I plan because I know my life runs smoother if I do... not just my weight loss but my whole life is made easier if I do :D in fact the more I plan... the easier it gets :D

Question- on EESP you can have syns but not free food like potatoes. So if I was doing an EESP day does that mean that I could have the mccains rustic chips that are 1.5 syns/100g? Because I would think the syns are for oil etc and the calorific content of the potatoes or whatever aren't counted when calculating syn values? Or is it ok as you are limited by the amount you can have for syns, whereas technically on a non EESP day you could eat 5kg of potatoes if you wanted, but still be 'on plan'.

Last edited:
1 off for me which was a god send as I had a huge tooth extracted and have a face full of swelling

1/2 on, I knew it and it was fully deserved. I did not well in the July challenge, not even close to my target. I am on holiday next week but when I am back I will certainly increase my efforts. I feel I need a break and need to refresh my batteries :confused:. Good luck to the rest of the gang, hope you all achieve your set targets :)

1/2 on, I knew it and it was fully deserved. I did not well in the July challenge, not even close to my target. I am on holiday next week but when I am back I will certainly increase my efforts. I feel I need a break and need to refresh my batteries :confused:. Good luck to the rest of the gang, hope you all achieve your set targets :)

Have the most wonderful time and enjoy- you have done well and you are consistent!
See you when you come back!

Ruth
X

Question- on EESP you can have syns but not free food like potatoes. So if I was doing an EESP day does that mean that I could have the mccains rustic chips that are 1.5 syns/100g? Because I would think the syns are for oil etc and the calorific content of the potatoes or whatever aren't counted when calculating syn values? Or is it ok as you are limited by the amount you can have for syns, whereas technically on a non EESP day you could eat 5kg of potatoes if you wanted, but still be 'on plan'.
my consultant says not to syn things that would normally be free food (minus the oil etc) because it basically is a free day then - completely up to you but I personally don't have rice/potatoes/pasta etc on an SP day as it just doesn't seem right! xx

I know what you mean - that is what I was wondering. Thanks Sarah. Well done everyone on your losses this week. I think I'm going to come in a pound or so lighter on Thursday, even though I've been super good, but I suppose I can't complain after last week's loss :rolleyes: . No matter how good I've been in a week I still feel nervous getting onto the scales at WI, I think it's because I've had a couple of weeks where I gained when I didn't deserve to (and vice versa but don't complain about those!). Still, any off is off! :tongue:

Three and a half
And 21/2certificate
And a I am off pain meds and anti inflamatories for my knee arthritis
So very happy bunny this week

Way to go baaaaaaby..... :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

:banghead::badmood:

So cross. I gained a pound and there was no reason for it whatsoever.

I hate it when that happens, so disheartening but i honestly am a firm believer that if you don't see the result you want/deserve one week then if you carry on being good it does reflect the next week (sometimes for me was the week after that!) honestly - stick at it it will pay off xxxx

Reactions: EBD
Well done everyone!

@EBD sometimes are bodies are simply there to try us and they trick us without rhyme nor reason. You will see what you want to next week, so keep your head high (although I know it's hard) and have a wonderful week. I look forward to hearing your result next week :)

Ruth
X

Hoping for a good loss this coming week now I've set myself the 10lbs target! Determined to try and get SOTM!

Back