July Challenge 2016

Please let me know if there SW pancakes are actually palatable and if so how are they made?

I love them.... in fact when I was doing slimming world before and it came to pancake day I allowed myself to have a "real" pancake as a treat.... and was so disappointing
because it wasn't nearly as good as the ones I'd been having lol...

take your hex b of 35g of oats and a non fat yogurt and mix together then leave the mixture over night
next day mix in 2 beaten eggs, sweetener to taste and I use some vanilla essence

I cook mine in 2 lots of 1 large pancake and my favourite topping is mandarins and squirty cream although next time I am going to try sweetened quark and strawberries x

That's amazing!

1lb off for me! Half short booooo!
Nevermind, well chuffed with myself :)
25lbs in 15 weeks!
3lbs to my 2 stone...

Ruth
X

My goodness woman.... you're fair disappearing :D well done x

1lb off for me! Half short booooo!
Nevermind, well chuffed with myself :)
25lbs in 15 weeks!
3lbs to my 2 stone...

Ruth
X
and so you should be! Well done lovely, missing it by a half isn't the end of the world - next month it might push you even further. Though you are doing amazingly anyway - id be chuffed with those consistent losses thats for sure xx

Question for us all today…

Do you plan your meals or do you just wing it?

If you plan how much do you plan, do you plan the syns too? If you plan do you stick to it?

If you wing it how do you find that, do you just go meal to meal or do you plan what you are having each morning? How do you decide what syns to have each day? xx

and so you should be! Well done lovely, missing it by a half isn't the end of the world - next month it might push you even further. Though you are doing amazingly anyway - id be chuffed with those consistent losses thats for sure xx

Thank you :) it definitely isn't the end of the world, I am beyond pleased! Thank you so much for this challenge (and all of the others), I will be joining the August one, and all of them for the foreseeable future until I hit my target!

I hope that everything is ok with you too!

Ruth
X

If you plan how much do you plan, do you plan the syns too? If you plan do you stick to it?

If you wing it how do you find that, do you just go meal to meal or do you plan what you are having each morning? How do you decide what syns to have each day? xx

My breakfasts and lunches tend to be no Syn or 1 Syn only so the rest is for dinner or anything after. We bulk buy meat from the butchers so I know what we're having meat wise when I get it out of the freezer the day before but we have cook books galore. We love to cook and aim to cook from scratch every night so can find something to fit within Syns (although sometimes we look like zombies when tired...) For example, we had Kung Pao chicken the other day (which was lovely) I had it as it was using 1 Syn for the sugar, my OH had peanuts in his (he doesn't do SW) so it just works out with little tweaks :)

Ruth
X

I generally plan what I'm having and prefer to do red and green through the week with EE at weekends. Breakfast is usually a hex b , overnight porridge and berries in summer, porridge and banana ( made with water and truvia) wintertime, the odd scrambled eggs ( peppers chilies spring onions ) on wm toast. Sometimes o just have 3 eggs, lean bacon diced, peppers, onions, chilies. These are staples for work brekkie cooked in microwave. Lunches I usually make something on a week night, rice, pasta Quorn etc. If not I pop out to tesco and get salad items and chicken thighs from the hot deli, or Quorn/meat free range with microwave rice and mushy peas. Always have curry powder to hand and peppers sauce. Summer salads, lean meats and pickles are easy.
Winter, I love my slow cooker and make one pot wonders.

I plan my days religiously... Except the weekends! We tend to have the same things - always Weetabix & Milk for b'fast (HexA&B) then either salad, couscous & chicken or jacket potato & beans for lunch. Then the dinners are dictated by what I've got in. I don't like buying lots of ingredients all the time. My syns are a nightmare, I plan not to have many then it usually all goes out the window :(

For the most part I wing it completely! Dreadful, I know.

Back