July starters

Hey violet, how's it going? Still going strong here and really on the zone. Had a poker night at ours last night, loads of snacks, bit wasn't tempted once. Enjoyed my coke and dr pepper Zero. Went to badminton today and manage to play a whole hour, felt like I had bags of energy so pleased that's back! Off to the park now with me little boys, hope you are all enjoying the sunshine and imaging the lovely clothes we will soon be wearing!

Well done on resisting those snacks hun! You sound so much happier since the switch hun :)

I'm doing ok thanks hun.. only day 2 though. Going to have some water in a minute and maybe a coke zero..want to hold off til 7-7.30pm ish for my next pack.. haven't had a Dr Pepper in years, might get some tomorrow, I might even walk to the shop and get it lol!

No sunshine here! I wanted to go to the beach today for a walk but the clouds are a bit off-putting. There's also skinny tourists everywhere, so housework it is :p

It's been really hot here today, I stayed in and did gardening and housework.. next door are cooking, it's wafting in through the window!

How are all you lovely July starters doing? I went to swim aerobics this evening, felt good for going but really lacked energy. It might be because I hadn't had my 3rd pack so it had been 7 hours since I had eaten. Might have to try to have a little protein before going next time. Does anyone know if a protein shake would keep u in ketosis? As they seem almost all protein??

Hi all - had my first 'melt down' today. I ended up eating some mini Oreos , a small piece of brownie and a slice of ham! Not beating myself up over it, it's a lesson, I am over tired, I think due to swim aerobics last night. So I decided to read some of the beck diet solution, great book! And also did some cards to keep on me with all my reasons I want to lose weight this really helped me get my head right and feel better. Just now cooked a lovely, healthy meal for my hubby and son. Straight back on diet and lesson learnt, making hubby take the oreos to work and no brownie left now!

Gemma u are better of having some chicken, tuna or egg after exercise....its all pure protein. I have an ommlette after a good gym sesh as im always starving!

Stephie77 xxx

Most protein shakes are low in carbs. Atkins for example has about 1g per ready to drink shake. Powdered shakes, such as you can buy in Holland and Barrett in big tubs, usually have between 1g and 3g carbs per serving. Yes they would keep you in ketosis unless you drink gallons ha ha.

Just read the label carefully and then enjoy x

hi everyone , I am Katie and i started Exante yesterday :D I have done CD and lost 7.5 stone , I regained 10 lb when I came off and went on holiday and have been loosing and regaining the same stone for the last 6 months on SW !! It seems that i can maintain really well but not loose on a conventional diet anymore ... so back to TFR to loose my last 1.5 - 2 stone to goal . I have decided to try Exante instead of CD just down to convienience and cost , and also I find the CD shakes , although they are very sweet and yummy .. they are also thin and not at all filling . My first Exante shake was lovely , strawberry , and although not as sweet as CD it was much much thicker and creamier and filled me up much better !!! I then had a chocolate .. hjmmm I understand that people say it tastes of mould ... weird taste but drinkable and I am sure it will improve once my taste buds have forgotten dairy milk !

and the best bit ??? well .. I always loose a lot in my first week , carry a lot of water normally .. and in 24 hours .. I am 5lb down !!!!:D:D hoping to keep going and get to goal pretty quick :)

determinator said:
hi everyone , I am Katie and i started Exante yesterday :D I have done CD and lost 7.5 stone , I regained 10 lb when I came off and went on holiday and have been loosing and regaining the same stone for the last 6 months on SW !! It seems that i can maintain really well but not loose on a conventional diet anymore ... so back to TFR to loose my last 1.5 - 2 stone to goal . I have decided to try Exante instead of CD just down to convienience and cost , and also I find the CD shakes , although they are very sweet and yummy .. they are also thin and not at all filling . My first Exante shake was lovely , strawberry , and although not as sweet as CD it was much much thicker and creamier and filled me up much better !!! I then had a chocolate .. hjmmm I understand that people say it tastes of mould ... weird taste but drinkable and I am sure it will improve once my taste buds have forgotten dairy milk !

and the best bit ??? well .. I always loose a lot in my first week , carry a lot of water normally .. and in 24 hours .. I am 5lb down !!!!:D:D hoping to keep going and get to goal pretty quick :)

Very good luck determinator ! You know you can do it and you will soon break through that psychological barrier of lose/gain and just be a loser !!!!! Xxxxx

Hi Katie and welcome to exante. I like the shakes too, nice and thick. I have the chocolate one with hot water and sweetner and find that makes it really nice. I look forward to hearing how you do, won't be long to goal at all!

Well second weigh in today and was thrilled with 3lbs! That takes me under 200lb, never to return over!!!!

Have a fab day all x

good morning , hope we are all doing well :D well done Gemma 3lb for week 2 is great , and to get under the 200lb mark is amazing , I remember feeling amazing at that point :D

well its the start of day 3 for me ... had my first vanilla shake last night and it was amazing ..... my fave so far :D My bumper pack should come today , looking forward to trying the bars , I have been finishing up my CD ones and have some tesco ones too , but when i am following a plan I like to follow it to the letter ( except I am using CD water flavours as they are much lower carbs ) so will use exante bars :)

I am still finding I am much fuller than when using CD , I am easily able to save my first shake till lunch , have 1 at tea and then a a bar in the evening ... my headache seems to have died down a bit now so much happier :D

Well done determinator, I too really like the shakes and find them nice and filling, I love the bars too, really thick and satisfying!

You're doing so well hun! Well done of the 3lbs, I'd be happy with 3lbs per week :) Loving the shakes and the bars, I've been having the Asda bars too, they're nice :) I'm weighing in on Saturday morning (1st one) fingers crossed for 10lbs :)

Wow!!!!! Well done Epiphany, that's awesome and hopefully will spur you on.

OMG ephiphany thats 1 stone!
Bloody fantastic!! Im so jealous but well dne :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back