Julz journey to a thinner me! :)

Hi Julz
Firstly well done on what you ave achieved in the past 6 month. Congratulations.
Great tat you have a GP who recognises how hard you've worked to reduce your weight and BMI and will put a case forward for your op.
Dramatic changes have taken place for you emotionally and physically, but although LL can be absolutely life changing the mundane and boring aspects of life will still be there.
The rubbishy times will still occur, but hopefully the strength and self confidence you have gained will help you to deal with them.
It's a lovely sunny day here, hope it is with you. It does help lift the spirits.
Keep posting :character00238:

Thanks SB, it has been a bit of a roller coaster journey at times, emotionally I think has been the hardest, I am really chuffed to be where I am right now and appreciate, that is only part of the story.
|I agree LL has been life changing, but as you say, it is only one aspect the weight side and the rest needs addressing. Have had a few rubbishy times already, and luckily managed to deal with it in a different way from my past, so I am happier with that, and know I will need to dig deep for the future.
At group today, we had one brand new lady and one who started 2 weeks ago, that was all which is disappointing, it was much better when there were more of us. However, we were started doing the awareness book today, and in open conversation with the newbie she mentioned that she (like most of us I guess) used to eat 3 bars of chocolate at a time, buying a multi pack then just eating through them, nobody would realise how many/much she was eating. I related to that and told her that in my pre LL eating habits, I would buy a 300g Cadbury's dairy milk bar and 'believed' it was a normal thing to do. I then mentioned that when I was on holiday, out on my own for the day, I fancied a bar of chocolate, as I was already eating, I decided that I would have my chocolate. I bought a normal size bar, 8 square size. I had the option to buy more, or a bigger bar but made the adult decision not to, for which I was very proud, I really enjoyed it too!
LLC said in group today, that I need to be careful, its not as easy as that, I said, I know it is not going to be easy, my point was I had the choice and decided what I wanted and walked away even with the opportunity there, she did not seem to understand my point of view.:wave_cry:
99% sure this will be my last Total week, were you at your goal when you switched to RTM?

Hope you are well, its been a sunny day here too, enough to raise anyone's spirits! :D
Jx

Hi Julz,
Glad for you that your current GP is much more supportive than your previous GP. The time will fly to March and great incentive to keep to your goals.

Hi eatlikeabird
Yes it was refreshing, he started at the beginning stating clearly that does not support LL, but I think towards the end I had him thinking maybe its worth a chance, it was the part about CBT that swung him, 6 months will fly by and I agree it is a great incentive to stay on track. :8855:

How are you doing? I will check out stats shortly, I have been using my iPhone mostly so you can't see the details. Hope you are getting on well too.
Jx

Good for you Julz,
I went 7lbs below the goal I had set for myself before I started RTM for several reasons:
1. After over 11 months not eating I was terrified I would put on
weight as soon as a morsel of food passed my lips.
That wasn't the case. I weighed the same after 12weeks RTM.

2. I reached my goal a couple of weeks before Christmas and
decided to stay on packs until after the New Year to avoid the
temptation.

3. I wanted a "buffer" of 7lbs.

Looking back now I was probably a little too thin for my age etc, but it felt Sooooo good after being obese for a quarter of a Century!

Thanks SB, I feel if I lose too much more, for my age, I will look gaunt. I want to lose some more and tone up a bit but probably be happy when I get to the 10 st range (next week, I hope), that's where I want to be.
The buffer idea is where I am coming from, I mentioned it to LLC but she wasn't happy, just get to where you want to be, you should not gain on RTM! was the reply :confused:
I have already eaten some on holiday with the thoughts all the time I would be really gain weight very quickly, which didn't happen, so I guess I should notice of what happened to you!
Jx

I made another decision a couple of weeks ago, I have been unhappy for a while with the group and LLC, the dynamics were nit very good, I was going to, so tonight I moved to a new group and LLC, so finally got round to the move. There really was nothing major wrong, just not jelling with me.
The group was small but very welcoming, LLC good too, so I am pleased to have moved.
Have decided to stay on total another week or so before moving to management.
This has been quite a journey, lots of ups and downs, feeling quite stressed at work this week and found myself putting pressure on myself, which is not the way forward. I'm not sure why I allow myself to get in that position, my brain is fried on so many levels, I have tried to be chilled but have not managed it well this week. Have not slept well this week, and found myself snapping at work today :(
I ate today t lunchtime and have struggled to go back to total since coming back from holiday, I almost feel like I am sabotaging myself, but really not sure why? Surely to goodness I have learnt something over 6 months!!!!
Don't get me wrong, I have learned so much, but still struggle with keeping altogether, all of the time :(
feel like a need a kick up the ar@e, again .......
Hope everyone has a good week.
Jx

No no Julz, it's not a kick up the arse you need, but a pat on the back
:patback:
You have done so well and I think you'll find most of us have struggled as we start to get near to our goal:
Is it the right goal?
why is everyone telling us to stop?
why should I carry on if I can wear normal size clothes?
I'm getting bored with this now
It's too expensive, I can't afford it any more
I've eaten a bit and still lost weight
People have stopped commenting on how great I look
Will I get flabby skin if I lose any more?
Maybe I can finish it off on my own or switch to WW or SW!
And I think the main one -
Will I put it all on when I start eating again? Will I be able to control it?

What are these, reasons or excuses ??
Maybe something to discuss with your new LLC/Group?

This could be a time for you to remotivate, stop sabotaging yourself and finish the job.
You are an inspiration and support to so many people on here.
Stick with it. xxx

slendablenda said:
No no Julz, it's not a kick up the arse you need, but a pat on the back
:patback:
You have done so well and I think you'll find most of us have struggled as we start to get near to our goal:
Is it the right goal?
why is everyone telling us to stop?
why should I carry on if I can wear normal size clothes?
I'm getting bored with this now
It's too expensive, I can't afford it any more
I've eaten a bit and still lost weight
People have stopped commenting on how great I look
Will I get flabby skin if I lose any more?
Maybe I can finish it off on my own or switch to WW or SW!
And I think the main one -
Will I put it all on when I start eating again? Will I be able to control it?

What are these, reasons or excuses ??
Maybe something to discuss with your new LLC/Group?

This could be a time for you to remotivate, stop sabotaging yourself and finish the job.
You are an inspiration and support to so many people on here.
Stick with it. xxx

Thanx SB, I think you have hit the nail on the head as always! With all of the above, it really seems to be frying my brains ( what's left of them! )
It's strange to my brain, that since coming back from holiday it's been really tough keeping focussed and motivated. I have been looking at and trying on different clothes which are really beautiful, I have not really bought anything expensive yet as in my head I want to be a little slimmer, which I am exercising towards, so the motivation should be there?
I will see how I feel next group session and bring it up. I'm due to go through the maintenance program details next week so I can start to plan for it.
I'm glad if I am inspirational and supportive on here, its good to give something back when I have so much support.
Have a good weekend everyone in this glorious sunny weather
Jx

SB what a great post. Really sums up the issues towards the end of the journey with lighter life.
Keep fighting the good fight Julz x

Thanks Clara, hoe you are doing ok?
My asthma has been playing up for the last 4/5 days with an irritating cough, so have woken this morning exhausted :( got my medication but it's not having much effect.
Going to crack on with my dressmaking homework today, as I have changed group
To a Thursday, I have the whole weekend to do what I like!
Enjoyed the first 2 weeks learning about different stitching and how to measure yourself properly, I never realised how, now I know why lots if clothes don't seem to fit properly. The plan is to make a skirt in class, then be able to adjust any shop clothes that don't fit properly, as well as making more.
I'm really excited, my clothes have never really fitted all over, so it will be a challenge with a good outcome.
LLC just replied to my email about moving groups and wished me luck and she hopes I get the thinner body I deserve, which was lovely.
Feel back on track and focussed again, and very determined to get to goal and move to maintenance. Having a meeting Thursday with LLC to discuss moving over and will raise the stuff that's going on in my head, that SB clearly got in my head and read!!
Hope everyone has a good and peaceful weekend and great losses
Jx

Hello Julz
Its me again

Just wanted to know what is the process of changing LLC. Is it just a matter of fixing an appointment with another one. How does all your initial paper work get transferred. Also do we have to pay anything other than the usual 72 pounds a week for packs ?
Thanks

Sorry to hear the athsma is not too good. It's pretty debilitating when it is playing up. I take mine for granted as it is well controlled.
Great news about the dress making class, dead envious. I really should motivate myself to do something.

Onwards and downwards lovely xx

Thanks Clara, hoe you are doing ok?
My asthma has been playing up for the last 4/5 days with an irritating cough, so have woken this morning exhausted :( got my medication but it's not having much effect.
Going to crack on with my dressmaking homework today, as I have changed group
To a Thursday, I have the whole weekend to do what I like!
Enjoyed the first 2 weeks learning about different stitching and how to measure yourself properly, I never realised how, now I know why lots if clothes don't seem to fit properly. The plan is to make a skirt in class, then be able to adjust any shop clothes that don't fit properly, as well as making more.
I'm really excited, my clothes have never really fitted all over, so it will be a challenge with a good outcome.
LLC just replied to my email about moving groups and wished me luck and she hopes I get the thinner body I deserve, which was lovely.
Feel back on track and focussed again, and very determined to get to goal and move to maintenance. Having a meeting Thursday with LLC to discuss moving over and will raise the stuff that's going on in my head, that SB clearly got in my head and read!!
Hope everyone has a good and peaceful weekend and great losses
Jx

Julz,
just wanted to say; reading your posts and the responses have been very inspirational. I haven't physically started my LL journey yet, but I have emotionally, and these posts help me prepare.

Also to say, I'm inspired how you're dealing with various emotions too.

Oh, and just to mention - I had my first asthma attack in over 8 years last week.:cry: Doc said lots of nasties going around. I've just finished my meds, but still on inhaler for another month. I feel tons better than I did. I hope you feel better soon too. :)

x

on the verge said:
Hello Julz
Its me again

Just wanted to know what is the process of changing LLC. Is it just a matter of fixing an appointment with another one. How does all your initial paper work get transferred. Also do we have to pay anything other than the usual 72 pounds a week for packs ?
Thanks

Hi on the verge, I just emailed the new LLC told her I wanted to transfer, she told me when her drop ins were, I went along and had a chat, I had to redo the first form we do, as soon as you are entered onto the new LLC system it sends a notification to your current LLC, and all your records are transferred in minutes.
I asked my new LLC not to load me onto her system until I had a chance to email my old LLC as it would ot have been nice for her to just get the notification.
You will just pay the same £72 pw for total, you registration fee of £15 you should have paid on joining does not need paying again.
Jx

Clarabow said:
Sorry to hear the athsma is not too good. It's pretty debilitating when it is playing up. I take mine for granted as it is well controlled.
Great news about the dress making class, dead envious. I really should motivate myself to do something.

Onwards and downwards lovely xx

Hey good to hear from you Clara, the most annoying part of my asthma issue, is the irritating cough, it's just driving me crazy and keeping me awake at night, even with medication, it doesn't stop, day or night. So it's quite exhausting at times, but I'm rue it will ease up soon :)

I'm hoping to make and be able to alter clothes so they fit nicely..........when I get to goal!! Have restarted exercise program today, so hopefully stomach will reduce. Just felt my life seemed to be work work work! It's a short course and hope to go to the next level after Christmas.

Hope you are doing ok??
Jx

V-Girl said:
Julz,
just wanted to say; reading your posts and the responses have been very inspirational. I haven't physically started my LL journey yet, but I have emotionally, and these posts help me prepare.

Also to say, I'm inspired how you're dealing with various emotions too.

Oh, and just to mention - I had my first asthma attack in over 8 years last week.:cry: Doc said lots of nasties going around. I've just finished my meds, but still on inhaler for another month. I feel tons better than I did. I hope you feel better soon too. :)

x

Hi V-Girl, thanks for the feedback, and good wishes it has been a bit of a roller coaster ride at times you need to dig deep, I'm sure you will get on fine, you seem to be how I was before I started, focussed and determined and to be fair you need to keep those thoughts with you, and don't get off the ride until you have reached goal!

I'm on 2 inhalers neither seem to be working so might go back to GP at the end of the week if no better. It's about 2 weeks now and I'm bored now!

Def keep reading the forum, it helps no end, and keep us posted
Jx

Hi Julz
Just catching up with your diary.Hope all goes well with your new group and you have fun with the new RTM.
Great to hear you are doing dressmaking I find it helps keep me relaxed one way of getting rid of my stress,it also keeps me out of the kitchen lol.I love sewing and sew most days.
You are doing really well getting back on track after your holiday
Cathy

Thanks Cathy, hope you enjoyed your holiday too!, and the wedding, don't forget the photos.
I have not started RTM yet, I have a meeting Thursday with the new LLC to go through it, I will be her first client on RTM so it willo be a voyage of discovery for both of us.
Sewing relieves your stress...............I'm just back from my 3rd lesson, and the pattern I bought for the skirt is size 8-10 or 12-14. Which are the size clothing I am buying, well according to my measurements, I am a 20-22 on the pattern!!! So had to 'extend' the pattern tonight by working out where is should be for a size 20 and drawing round it!
But I can do quite a nice French seam! and I am enjoying it!

Not quite back on track after my holiday, I have been eating a few days and struggling to keep 100% most days, so feel it really is time to move onto RTM.
Jx

Hi Julz and Catthin,

Spent the evening reading your posts from when you started Catthin, i was hooked!my husband said what are you looking at? as i have just completed my first day of LLT today i guess i was searching on here for proof of the journey, and yours has been so inspirational, just what i needed to see. thank you

buddhamummy said:
Hi Julz and Catthin,

Spent the evening reading your posts from when you started Catthin, i was hooked!my husband said what are you looking at? as i have just completed my first day of LLT today i guess i was searching on here for proof of the journey, and yours has been so inspirational, just what i needed to see. thank you

Thanks buddhamummy, it's been quite a journey, welcome to the forum and LL, it's a fab time you will have, lots of ups and downs. Staying focussed and having mini goals to achieve really help. Lots of water, posting helps too, feel free to ask questions, you will have loads and everyone on here really is supportive, it can be a long haul, but so worth it!
Good luck
Jx

Back