Julz Management, here we go!

Life sucks at times! I'm at the end of day 1 exante, just going for popping in at the moment I can't afford the group and packs as well, hoping it will kick me in the right direction.
Something seems to have clicked since last nite and I feel focussed again, so hoping this feeling and logical brain stick with me!
Good luck with your packs, prefer ll ones.
Just sitting here thinking about the new clothes I bought that don't fit me! Soon they will again!
Hope you have a good week
Jx

Day 3 think ketosis is kicking in, breath not so good, but not feeling too hungry. Doing total for a couple of weeks to refocus and lose the weight I put back through one thing and another, some excuses but all choices I have made.
I go on holiday in 7 weeks so want to just keep it in check.
Have also bought the Biggest Loser for wii, and find it great fun different each time and no real shouting!
Am feeling really tired today so hope the energy boost starts. :)
Not sleeping very well, so not helping with the tiredness.
New job going well, bit stressful with everything to learn, but they are lovely so it was def the right move.
Nite all
Jx

Feel better today. The size 14 trousers that I had to buy when I got back from hols are too loose, yay! Back into my size 12s. Might try my skinny jeans on in the morning. I think I've lost 4lbs already and I feel soooo much better. I'm thinking that I'm going to get some slim n save packs. They do a taster set for £25. I think that should be fine for what I need. I cant afford or justify LL anymore. Do you have to pay to stay for a class now? I'm so confused with the pricing system!!

Well done, that's put you on the right track, we seem to be mirroring each other.... My 'new' 14's are lose not quite comfy in my 12's but wo t be long.
Non I don't pay for pop ins or monthly group, which is good I'm skin to!
I bought a bumper exante box £100 for a months packs so much better price wise, I prefer LL, but can't justify spending that, already spent about £500 on LL packs, I know you don't buy food at the same time, so save money that way, and to be honest without the council ing and group work I would not have stuck to it, but so short of money, not good.
Think I've lost a couple of pounds this week, will post Saturday after weigh in.
Trying hard to recapture how I felt this time last year, and how determined I was, it's def not so easy. I had promised and vowed I would not need to do this again and I'm disappointed that I find myself here, there is some 'stuff' underlying which is not helping, problem is don't know what it is so how do I deal with it?
What is my trigger? Why do I just go off the rails, why can't I learn from my mistakes .......
Anyway, enough moaning from me, I'm off to bed, very tired, not sure if I'm in ketosis, got funny taste in my mouth, but still hungry at times, probably emotional hunger, or thirsty!
Take care, and keep going, the end is. In sight
Jx

Hi Julz

How have you been today?

I'm in my stride. I had an exante pack last night - tomato and basil - I thought it was rank rotten. A friend gave me some exante packs which have been hanging around the house for months. I'll try the mushroom tomorrow, I think. I've ordered some slim and save packs, because I just cant afford the LL packs. SnS looks interesting, looking forward to them.

Have you identified what your trigger is? I know that I struggle at work with all the biscuits that are always on the go. The office is moving next week, so I'm hoping that the biscuits will be hidden!!

Hope you've had a better day

D xx

I have combined LL and SnS since the end of last year. I started with LL at the end of July last year. I find the SnS packs much tastier but have stuck with LL for the counselling. SnS also have an option where you can have a small meal every day (normal food - not a pack) and still be within 650 calories and 60g of carbs. Definitely worth looking at if you're after an LL alternative.

Hi Debbie
Not really worked out my trigger other than stress which everyone has, I was fine until Friday lunchtime then had a couple of issues at work,so by the time I left work I was ready to eat the world. Managed to drive home without going via Sainsbury's which took some will power, but was happy to say I managed it. I went to pop in on Saturday and had lost 2lbs which is great. Then Sat evening, meltdown, no trigger in particular, just thinking about, new job (think I'm doing ok, lots to learn as expected etc, struggling with lack of training and delivery of training so not picking it up............ am I good enough? Can I do the job? Will I ever manage to remember it all? etc etc etc) so, ended up in tears which was not good and went shopping, cr*p and I pretty much all weekend, so now trying not to have regrets, but feeling pretty lousy right now.

Sat down most of today, should have been clearing up ready to decorate my bedroom and bathroom, have struggled abit with trying to get motivated. Think my hormones not stable at the moment, going to GP in 2 weeks from HRT review, think they need to up the dose. Feeling so tired, and down and it came on like a switch, need to switch it back the other way :) Also def not drinking enough, feel like I am going round in circles and there is no end to it.
And I sound like I am feeling sorry for myself and dwelling on it all, which I probably am, but can't seem to see the way to stop it. Hohum, will see how I feel after GP appointment, and by then will have done a month in new job so that should have settled down abut as well.
Trying to be kind to myself but seem to beat myself up and am much harder on me than I am on others, not good.
Think I might start going through the LL program books this week, and check on my old diary and remind myself how far I have come.
My new job is great despite the wobble, and so so so much better than where I was, treated like a person with a brain and with respect, so putting it all into context, best move, again, need to give myself a chance to take it all in, systems are completely alien to me but each day finding out some more, so in a few weeks.................

How's your puppy doing? I am dead jealous, I miss my dog so much, she was like a child and was 17 when she went, so had a brilliant long life, and my kids grew up with her as a best friend to them so I am sure you will have lots and lots of fun ahead of you.

Hope your office move goes well and they hide the biccies!
Have a good week
Jx

I have combined LL and SnS since the end of last year. I started with LL at the end of July last year. I find the SnS packs much tastier but have stuck with LL for the counselling. SnS also have an option where you can have a small meal every day (normal food - not a pack) and still be within 650 calories and 60g of carbs. Definitely worth looking at if you're after an LL alternative.

Hi Weasey, you are doing well, I will have a look at SNS when I have nearly finished the Exante packs, are you using them to maintain?
When I came off everything I found myself getting bogged down in the amount of carbs I should be eating daily, I'm veggie and found myself driving myself nuts with it all.
I am veggie and found myself going back to my 'old' eating habits, which is easy to fall into the trap, which is one of the reasons I have started going back to group management monthly.

Have a good week
Jx

Julz said:
Hi Weasey, you are doing well, I will have a look at SNS when I have nearly finished the Exante packs, are you using them to maintain?
When I came off everything I found myself getting bogged down in the amount of carbs I should be eating daily, I'm veggie and found myself driving myself nuts with it all.
I am veggie and found myself going back to my 'old' eating habits, which is easy to fall into the trap, which is one of the reasons I have started going back to group management monthly.

Have a good week
Jx

I am currently on the Phase 1 Maintenance (new RTM) and am using some SnS packs and some LL packs. Ongoing I will probably continue to have SnS oatmeal for brekkie. When I started LL I was veggie - and had been for over 20 years. I moved on to lite last February and at that point I stopped being veggie - having been considering it for around 4 months before hand. The main reason was the fact that it's difficult to get protein without also getting carbs or fat. It was a really hard decision for me because I was veggie for moral reasons. But it was the right decision for me. It also means that I have never over eaten on the type of food I am eating now so I don't have an association in my mind.

I still have quite a while to go on P1M, as I'm spending 2 or 3 weeks at each stage, and I don't yet know how I'll do in maintenance. I have defined some 'rules' for myself once I get into maintenance though. One of those is that if I weigh more than my goal weight I cut down to 1200 calories, if I weigh 7 lbs more than my goal I have to go on lite and back to class, if I weigh 14lbs more than my goal I have to go on total and back to class. I see this as a contingency plan which should hellp me to catch any problems before they get out of control.

If you are interested I have a refeed diary in the SnS refeed forum.

Thanks weasey just read your refers, very useful. I think one of my issues is planning, I am usually a great planner and while on total it was great, towards the end I planned RTM well and pretty much stuck to it with no major issues except the volumes. Then not sure why struggling, have over eaten today and felt bloated, it's like I am sabotaging myself, but can't for the life of me work it out. I go on hidatsa in 5 weeks and am starting to dread it.
I did a gym induction yesterday and the trainer is working a program out for me, going to start Tuesday and do 2 times per week to start.
Wish I understood my head, I had been fine for 5 days, then today bought petrol and chocolate on offer and bought a big bag. Am at my daughters babysitting, it's a long drive so talked myself into having the big bag otherwise I would have bought more tomorrow! For goodness sake why?????
Anyway, WI this morning and lost 1 lb, probably put it back on today :(
Never mind enough wallowing, have a great weekend all
Jx

Julz said:
Thanks weasey just read your refers, very useful. I think one of my issues is planning, I am usually a great planner and while on total it was great, towards the end I planned RTM well and pretty much stuck to it with no major issues except the volumes. Then not sure why struggling, have over eaten today and felt bloated, it's like I am sabotaging myself, but can't for the life of me work it out. I go on hidatsa in 5 weeks and am starting to dread it.
I did a gym induction yesterday and the trainer is working a program out for me, going to start Tuesday and do 2 times per week to start.
Wish I understood my head, I had been fine for 5 days, then today bought petrol and chocolate on offer and bought a big bag. Am at my daughters babysitting, it's a long drive so talked myself into having the big bag otherwise I would have bought more tomorrow! For goodness sake why?????
Anyway, WI this morning and lost 1 lb, probably put it back on today :(
Never mind enough wallowing, have a great weekend all
Jx

I have also booked a session wi a trainer at the gym - it'll be interesting to see how that goes... I've booked a session for personal therapy too - bit of an experiment that one. I just want to give myself every chance I can. It is difficult when we sabotage ourselves and I think we all do it. Hugs and I hope you feel more in control soon xx

Went to the gym again last night for about 45 mins which felt good. I'm decorating my bedroom as well so couldn't stay too long, still doing biggest loser on WII which I'm also enjoying.
Seem to have turned a corner and have stuck to plan this week, doing exante so am hopeful if a loss this weekend when I WI.
Enjoying the sunshine while we can, so that's lifting my spirits as well, 5 weeks till my holiday, so focussing on that.
New job going ok, vbusy and I seem to be picking it up ok.
Have a good Thursday everyone
Jx

We'll here I am again. Have managed to put most of my weight back on. Can't blame anyone but myself. Lost my job a few months ago and finding it hard to get a perm one, currently temping. Been prescribed anti depressants which are helping.
Going to restart LL next week, no group though as can't afford it.
Got my head around it and prepped ready for next week. Freezer nearly empty so this should make it a little easier.
Have been really stressed out about money, all the regain of weight is adding to the pressure so must give it all I can......
Jx

Hi Julz, you're not the only one. I'm doing Cambridge now. Cross with myself for letting this happen. Grrr. When are you starting? Xx

Hi Debbie
Sorry it's taken so long to reply, I didn't restart at that time, excuses excuses....I think I'm in the right place now so going to give it another go from Saturday this week. Just been gaining weight all the time self destruct mode but really don't understand why. I went through The cbt last time and thought I had it, so going to pull out the books and try and go through the. Again and see if I can get my brain on track. Joints are really painful so that's another reason to re start. ? jx

Back