Jumping on the new to 5:2 bandwagon!

ChubLock

Silver Member
I just thought I'd say Hey!! I've been on Minimins for a while - my journey started with SW back in 2008 & 2010. WW in 2011. Calorie Counting in 2012 (this was the most successful) and SW from Jan-March of this year. I have been a yo yo dieter struggling to get under 13 stones 9lb before gaining 8lbs roughly, just to lose and then to gain again.

I watched the documentary with Dr Michael Moseley and got the 5:2 diet and i've decided to follow their plan but instead of two consecutive days i am going to do Tuesday and Thursdays. Today was day one (of 24 initially) and it's the first time I've ever stuck to something so rigid and restrictive before but I think it's what I need to do. My weighing in day will be Friday mornings. I want to lose at least three stone this year.

Today I had:

> 120g Low fat (LF) greek yogurt with 80g raspberries
> x2 hard boiled eggs and a 130g LF fruit yogurt
> Olives to snack on late this afternoon.
> 60g cooked turkey breast with 15g LF hummus
> Copious amounts of green tea and water
> A leek and cauliflower soup

I feel just as hungry on this diet as I did when I was sticking to "plan" on both WW and SW so I'm just going to continue. The incentive that I can have more fruit and veg or bread on my "off" days is helping to focus actually. I can't wait to see benefits - who knows how I'll be doing after three months :)

Last edited:
Looks a good day, well done on starting :)

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

Back