June/July book - Valley of the Dolls by Jacquiline Susann - Read by 31st July

I finished it last night, found it a bit hard to get into at the start but couldnt put it down after that. I really enjoyed it! Chat t everyone after the 31st

I have just finished the book! Wow. Great recommendation Wanda, thank you.

So I will look forward to discussing it with you all on 31st March which is next Tuesday!

Hope everyone gets to finish it ontime.... let's all start thinking of our next book - why don't we aim to read one by the end of each month???

If you have a suggestion for April's book, don't be shy......

I finished mine at the weekend, took no time to read, i loved it.... cant wait for all to finish now

I just cant get into it but Im persevering

May I suggest The Lake of Dead Languages, by Carol Goodman? I read it years ago, and bought it for my mate in Germany. He's ony just got round to reading it, but was really raving about it again earlier......gave me the itch to read it again.

Am afraid I haven't managed to read Sea Glass again, couldn't find my copy anywhere....

May I suggest The Lake of Dead Languages, by Carol Goodman? I read it years ago, and bought it for my mate in Germany. He's ony just got round to reading it, but was really raving about it again earlier......gave me the itch to read it again.

Just looked that up, it gets great reviews and looks really good!

Just looked that up, it gets great reviews and looks really good!

Don't want to pre-empt any discussion but I loved it so much I bought it for anyone I thought might read it.

My best friend lived next door but one to me at the time, and actually rang me one night to say "OMG I can't believe...... is.....and.....happened!!!". I can't ever think of another book that has created such strong reactions in people!?!!

I'm not sure starting a new thread is the best thing to do tbh. I think people might miss it....??

Let's definitely read the Lake of dead languages next though, sounds fab!!!

In the meantime i look forward to discussing Sea Glass!

Not finished sea glass as yet,half way through and working on it...if we can def settle on the title of the next one I can get it ordered so can we sort that soon please...just been reading a review on the lake of dead languages and it looks good...xx

Shall we copy and paste our names in a list so that we know the title of each book each month? Just worried that people won't get to know the next book on our list otherwise. :D

April's book : Lake of Dead Languages by Carol Goodman

Carol

April's book : Lake of Dead Languages by Carol Goodman

I will get mine ordered today as well as there is another book I want to get from amazon and can save on the delivery...xx

Excellent, I shall order mine now!

I started Sea Glass last night. It's very different to my usual book choice! So far so good though :)

just reserved mine at work and fingers crossed it will arrive before next friday when I start sick leave (I have my WLS on saterday)

It looks an interesting book looking forward to reading it

I'm not sure starting a new thread is the best thing to do tbh. I think people might miss it....??

Let's definitely read the Lake of dead languages next though, sounds fab!!!

In the meantime i look forward to discussing Sea Glass!

Whatever way everyone thinks is best :) Just thought more than one book on a thread might get confusing with people discussing one and saying theyve got/started the next... maybe I just get confused easily :giggle:

Amazon have used copies of Lake of Dead Languages for 1p + £2.75 postage, and new ones for £3.49 :)

Back