June/July book - Valley of the Dolls by Jacquiline Susann - Read by 31st July

I've just finished sea glass! Have ordered the next book. I'm loving this book club already ! :)

My next one is on order and I need to plough on with sea glass should have it done in time...lol...I also love the book club and boy it makes me sounded good in work when I say "oh I am reading that for my book club"....lol...you should see their faces I used to read lots of cheap mags and then hand them on I have cut right down to one mag now so they loose out lol..xx

I'll be changing books tomorrow or so...hopefully the library has the next one too...am looking forward to it!

I've just ordered 'Lake of Dead Languages' by Carol Goodman. I'm 3/4 of the way through Sea Glass....and really enjoying it. Can't wait to discuss it.

I've managed to read 200 pages of Sea Glass since yesterday afternoon, I love it when I've got a day off.

Looks like the library have the next one too - just gotta work out how to reserve it online and collect it on Monday :D

I've bought the lake of dead languages just now on amazon and it sounds like a really good read so I'll join in with yous.:) It should be here by next week.

Am so glad my suggestion has been taken up :D Have no idea where my copy of Dead Languages is (again :eek: anyone spotting a pattern??) BUT I'm so excited about re-reading it that I've just ordered another copy.... Just have to finish my Marian Keyes now, before it arrives :rolleyes:

Am so glad my suggestion has been taken up :D Have no idea where my copy of Dead Languages is (again :eek: anyone spotting a pattern??) BUT I'm so excited about re-reading it that I've just ordered another copy.... Just have to finish my Marian Keyes now, before it arrives :rolleyes:

Are you reading the new Marian Keyes??? I bought it today and looking forward to starting it...apparently it's not like her ususal ones...xx

I have finished sea glass and really enjoyed it...have already passed it on to someone in work who is also looking forward to reading it...very good choice...xx

Are you reading the new Marian Keyes??? I bought it today and looking forward to starting it...apparently it's not like her ususal ones...xx

ooh I didnt know there was a new one out, I will have to get this charming man first though to add to my collection lol.

The charming man is her new one??? I love her books as I can really set the scene in my minds eye and love the way she goes from humour to serious and back again...xx

I am :D it's very good indeed...but yes, somewhat different - and takes a bit of concentration to begin with, as there are so many different characters so intricately involved with "This Charming Man".

Enjoy :D

Have to say I used to be a very avid reader but have slipped over the last few years..this thread is encouraging me to fulfill my news years resolution of reading at least a book a week...I so remember the pleasure I got from books now...so thanks karen for starting this...I stepped out of my comfort zone for sea glass and was so glad I did.....xx

Course you can chick thought someone had already said.....xx

P/s I feel so sophisticated telling people "I am in a book club"....how daft am I ...xx

Back