June/July book - Valley of the Dolls by Jacquiline Susann - Read by 31st July

Just been down to visit my best friend and guess what I spotted on the shelf in her "garden room"??? Only "Sea Glass"!!! :eek: Reckon I can get it read in 2 days???

Just been down to visit my best friend and guess what I spotted on the shelf in her "garden room"??? Only "Sea Glass"!!! :eek: Reckon I can get it read in 2 days???

Yep, I read it in less than 2 days ;)

Aren't James Patterson's books great - just can't put them down. Most recent one I read was called 'The Quickie' - highly recommend, some great twists.

Just finished this today. Took me ages to get into it initially and like Sandy I'm not sure I would have persevered with it had it not been for the book club. Having said that it was beautifully written.

Jac

I found it a bit odd to start with but the more i read it the more i loved it. So well worth persevering with Sandy. (what page are you on?). I think i really got into it from around page 80.

I also felt weird reading within a timescale and it stressed me out at first and the words just didn't sink in. I'm such a weirdo lol. I'm looking forward to reading the new book when it arrives so much especially after Cate sold it to us so well... xxx

:DIve also read the Quickie and enjoyed it I also love Lee Child for his crime Adventure style writting. I am currntly also reading Ken Follett World with out End now thats a huge book....but Im really enjoying it< if your at all interested in medival history or lives of people in that time its well worth reading but only if you like BIG books as its about 4 inches thick! cant wait for tuesday and talking about sea glass really pleased you liked my choice :D
If you liked this and want to read more Light on snow is also very good by Anita Shreve

order the both books so I can add my bit too haha

Will you get Sea Glass read by Tuesday though?! I'd have sent you my copy if you had said before!

xx

I'll be finished tomorrow morning, only got about 50 or so pages left, going to bed soon and I can't read in bed 'cos I just fall asleep as soon as I start reading lol! :D

I'm dying to talk about it though, *gagging myself from typing anything else!*:ignore::censored:

didnt think:rolleyes: no I won't get it until tuesday but I am sure it can be read by the end of the week heehee

At least you will have read it like the rest of us :)

I take great pleasure in telling people I am in a Book Club! I need to get out more :rolleyes:

there is a real book club where I live only I can't get there as hubby works away during the week! Need to find out what their next book is now ;-)

I have just finished The 19th Wife, which was super

Im really hoping this will let me get my concentration back and am looking forward to discovering a new world of authors. I tend to stick with comedy or biographies so this will be interesting. :)

It worked for me Lyn, I cant wait to start my next book now, also because we have a deadline it make me make the effort and I have realised how much pleasure reading can be....just think how many books we will get through lol..xx

Back