June/July book - Valley of the Dolls by Jacquiline Susann - Read by 31st July

Im only on page 100 so far :( Whats really killing me is I bought a number of books from my fave ebay seller and theyre sitting begging to be read and I KNOW Ill enjoy them lol

I have to say I thought I would struggle as it is so far removed from what I would usually read (american crime/thrillers) but because of the short chapters and the changing charactors I found it easy...its a shame but I know what you mean if you cant you cant but at least you can still add to the discussion as to why you cant lol...have read some reviews on the next book and it got a bit slated to be honest but lets hope its a good one to get stuck into...xx

I wish I had ordered express delivery now. :giggle: I definately watch too much tv. and I need to get back into reading again. Was never a particularly quick reader, as I sometimes need to read a paragraph or line again to digest it properly. Also if a year is mentioned my brain insists on working out how many yrs ago it was and what age a character was then lol.

Last edited:
Once I have set the scene in my head I am away, I struggle with books if I cant work the scene out and then dont bond with the charactors....xx

Its not my kind of book, Im not enjoying it and cant get into it at all :(

Aw...what is your type of book? Maybe you should suggest the next read after this next one...I really loved it...and found it easy to read (you are talking about Sea Glass aren't you?)

Well done Sandy! x

Well Ive been forced to eat my words. I gave up totally and started again and read 232 pages last night :eek: Was up til silly oclock reading. Will finissh it today :party0049:

Way to go! Was it worth it, though, we will find out soon. I'm looking forward to discussions I think...er...yeah...

Well Ive been forced to eat my words. I gave up totally and started again and read 232 pages last night :eek: Was up til silly oclock reading. Will finissh it today :party0049:

I am so glad you perservered with it Sandy I look forward to tomorrow and discussingit lol..xx

Brilliant stuff Sandy!! Sounds like you'll get it finished by tonight xxx

So tomorrow is D Day then folks! How exciting....

So...do the discussions start after the stroke of midnight?!

:D

(nah, I will be zzzzzzzzzzz by then!)

welll i managed to get mine read yesterday.... Sandy i know what ya mean... i found it hard to get into... took me about 160 pages.... den....i couldnt put it down.... was sorry it ended.... look forward to the discussion... now need to get the next book!!!! :) x

Back