June/July book - Valley of the Dolls by Jacquiline Susann - Read by 31st July

I'm hoping to get mine today.... have started reading my Russell Brand autobiography but will start the new one when it arrives! We've got plenty of time to read it anyhoo!

My book's just arrived. It's a lot bigger than Sea Glass so just aswell we've got a month to read it!

I bought a second hand one for 45p off of Amazon. It's in OK condition, would be more excited with a brand new one! How sad am i!? lol.

Cycled up past town and into my fave part of Bristol to get mine (The Lake of Dead Languages) today (the traffic is rather hair-raising!) and also passed by the farmers' market and bought some Easter goodies YUM! I also picked up another book by her (Carol Goodman) The Seduction of Water...I'm seeing a theme here...

Owww mines just arrived. How late is the post today!! I got mine from Amazon too. It was 35p plus p&p. Its not new, but you'd never believe it. Now I've got something to get stuck into tonight. My brother has given me A Prayer for Owen Meany (I've never read it before...think it would take a couple of months to read that one!!!), but I'm enjoying the book club so I'll leave that for now and get stuck into 'The Lake of Dead Languages'.

I got mine from the library on Saturday but I'm holding off reading it yet. I finished my James Patterson and I'm reading a Patricia Cornwell before I start. My theory is that if I finish it too soon I'll have forgotten it before we discuss it (and also get confused with any other books I read after finishing it). Darn memory :rolleyes:

My book's just arrived. It's a lot bigger than Sea Glass so just aswell we've got a month to read it!

I bought a second hand one for 45p off of Amazon. It's in OK condition, would be more excited with a brand new one! How sad am i!? lol.

When did you order yours Karen? I think we may have done it on the same day so mine could be on route....how many pages is it?? Sorry some many questions I want to start it NOW lol...xx

When did you order yours Karen? I think we may have done it on the same day so mine could be on route....how many pages is it?? Sorry some many questions I want to start it NOW lol...xx

Hey hun

It's 390 pages but it's also a lot bigger (taller, wider) than Sea Glass... ;)

I ordered mine on Friday I think??? Might have been Thursday.. lol.

Not sure when to start mine because like Sarah i don't want to finish it too early! Not having a job at the mo means that I have plenty of time on my hands :p

I am currently 80% through a huge Ken follett of 1500 pages but as I have my op this weekend (gastric Band) i will be sitting around for a while off work so can get reading lol.... what date are we doing 1 month? so 31st May?

Yeah 30th April.

Oh Wanda i meant to mention your gastric band surgery before now (apologies!!). How exciting for you!! How much do you want to lose?

Hi guys
Can I please join the book club?
I have found a copy at my local library and will collect tomorrow evening.
Thanks

Hi guys
Can I please join the book club?
I have found a copy at my local library and will collect tomorrow evening.
Thanks

I don't see why not! Welcome aboard :)

I'm not starting the new one just yet, as I also want it to be reasonably fresh in my mind :)

Hey hun
It's 390 pages but it's also a lot bigger (taller, wider) than Sea Glass... ;)

My copy is 436 pages and smaller (Sea Glass was bigger and had 325 pages as was hardback)

Have started it and am enjoying so far, different style to Shreve, but interesting nonetheless...mmm...I already like how it starts...

I think I might start one of my others then and hopefully start mine in two weeks time giving me two weeks to read it and keep it fresh in my mind....less than 400 pages should be easy in that time...its soooo exciting...xx

duh where did i get may from sorry having an utter blonde moment:confused:

Back