June/July book - Valley of the Dolls by Jacquiline Susann - Read by 31st July

Just ordered Missing, it looks good! :)

I've not started it yet either. I want it to still be fresh in my mind when we discuss :)

Ive finished it Lol. I couldnt contain myself. xx

I keep picking up LODL and reading the same few lines but then watching telly or something. Must make more effort...funny it said that quite often in my school reports. :giggle:

Finished The Lake (again) today.....OMG now I remember why I loved the book and recommended it so much the first time around!?!

Just ordered the Susan Lewis now, as I've been unable to find it in any book shops I've been into.

Next for me?? Either Jamie Carragher's autobiography (started it just after Christmas, but wasn't in reading mode at the time) or The Reader.....

hi everyone, i was really disappointed when i couldn't get the first book from my local library as i so wanted to join in but have got the second book now and will start over the weekend yey and have also ordered mays book so it will be here in time. this is a lovely idea as wouldn't feel confident enough to go to a 'real' book club as they seem to highbrow and intimidating for me. am so excited which makes me seem quite sad lol!

I've had mine a bit now but I've been holding off, but I started it last night.

I haven't got the next one yet. My Mum runs a book shop and I took her to the suppliers on Wednesday night and they had another Susan Lewis, but not the one for here.

I did manage to "acquire" 3 James Patterson books (including The Quickie as recommended), a Karin Slaughter and 2 Low Carb recipe books :D

My book has arrived!!!! I have just noticed it came from America so hence the long delivery....need to check in future....have already started it picked it up off the floor made a brew and headed back to bed....house work can wait...xx

Hi Everyone

Can you count me in please? It would be a great opportunity to expand my reading selection (rather than just grabbing one of the top 5 paperbacks from Asda as I have been doing).

I've ordered April's and May's books and they should arrive the end of next week, so I have enough time to read Lake before the end of the month. I can't wait!

Many thanks

Hello Charliegirl and thanks for the welcome :)

My May book arrived yesterday :)

I plan on sitting and reading for the best partof today...I cannot do any housework as my son is on nights and in bed great excuse or what!!! lol....xx

may book?? better re-check the thread lol!! read sea glass now, was a nice easy read for me. Loved the simple chapters and could pitcure myself wandering along the beach so care free! bit of a shocking ending wasn;t expecting it!

started to read Lake one now, off to find Mays lol xx

Back