June/July book - Valley of the Dolls by Jacquiline Susann - Read by 31st July

Pauline Quirke starred in the sculptress a few years back it was a good programme but gorey if I remember rightly.....I am going to bed in a min to read my Marian Keyes....so glad your reading the December wedding we can compare notes after wanda lol...xx

I loved the Sculptress - although it's a very long time since I read it.

I would suggest anything by Jennifer Weiner as a good read. She wrote In Her Shoes which was turned into a film with Cameron Diaz and Toni Collette. I have both Good In Bed and Certain Girls waiting to be read......

I finished lodl earlier on. Fantastic ending. I think I will buy Missing, Amazon marketplace has it for 1p in very good cond.

Just ordered Missing, was only £4.55 brand new so I won't have to wait on delivery from someone else. Also bought This Charming man, thanks for the memories and remember me.

Edited to ask, did anyone find the slight spelling mistakes in Lake annoying? i.e. Offier Roy Corey? I know it's just one letter out but it irritated me slightly lol.

lynn I am ashamed to say I have spent all day reading This Charming Man...it is so easy to read my cat thinks I am a lazy so and so because I am laying on the bed reading it only getting up for the loo and a brew (oh and to post this lol).....xx

I started LODL last night and am really enjoying it already!

lol Lynn I meant my nest Anita Shreve read is A Wedding in December....Im currently reading
The lake ODL
Valley of the Dolls - Jacqueline Susann
The Manson Murders - Vincent Bugliosi
Blkue Smoke - Nora Roberts
The Blackout Murders - Simon Read

Mindless eating - Brian Wansink (a great book about food psychology

And trying to make myself wait to start Wild Blue Stephen Ambrose

Love my reading lol:D

hey everyone....I am really getting into the lake of dead languages!! cant put it down, hoping I get it done by the end of the month for the chat

I've got about a hundred pages left so better shift up a gear!! I've just ordered May's book from Amazon, £1.50 for a new copy.

I have finished Lake of dead Languages, also read This CHarming Man, Marian Keyes which was great unable to put that down, cant decide whether to read A december wedding by Anita Shrieve or Last Chance Saloon by Marian Keyes before the next months book club....going through them at a rate of knots here lol..xx

I have finished Lake of dead Languages, also read This CHarming Man, Marian Keyes which was great unable to put that down, cant decide whether to read A december wedding by Anita Shrieve or Last Chance Saloon by Marian Keyes before the next months book club....going through them at a rate of knots here lol..xx

Last Chance Saloon's a good 'un :)

Cant remember a time when I didnt read and usually more than one book as I have got older I read such a wide range of books that I tend to read different ones depending on my mood and when Im at work it has to be easy to follow as Im for ever putting it down :D
the ones I rreading at the moment are all very different so dont confuse characters or anything must admit to buying a few more in the oxfam shop today (including next months book) I will make myself finish this months book before I start a new one

I dunno how Mrs CB does it either!:D I have 4 days to finish Diary of a mad bride cos I wanna finish it so I can move onto Missing. I am determinded to finish a book I start reading this time unless I really can't stand it.

I'm doing OK with the Lake now... has been a struggle though!

I've made the mistake of not checking where the next book is coming from, ordered it the other day and it can take up to 12 working days to arrive! bummer!

Finished it the day before yesterday and after a slow start, I read it like mad and had to keep reading to see what happened next (so ended up reading it over two or three days)...will save more in depth comments for the end of the month of course...I enjoyed it...

Back