June/July book - Valley of the Dolls by Jacquiline Susann - Read by 31st July

I've just finished the Lake at last lol. Bought a new book today to see me through until Missing arrives in a couple weeks time. I just got a tesco book chick lit "how to lose a husband and gain a life" by Bernadette Strachan. lol.

I've been reading most of the afternoon/evening and have just finished The Lake! Yay!

I won't start on Missing yet as I am expecting delivery of the new Harlan Coben book in a few days and want to get stuck into that ASAP!

xx

Is everyone finished The Lake yet? xx

I am looking forward to starting missing, reading a Last Chance Saloon by Marian Keyes but will start missing as soon as I have finished....we need to start thinking about a book for June to give everyone time to get it anyone any ideas???..xx

Discussion day's tomorrow, isn't it? Good idea thinking of June book now, give us all time to get it. Wonder where me library card is?:copon:

I'm still only on page 30 :eek:

Might have to avoid this thread for a day or 2 as I intend to read as much of it tomorrow if I can ;)

How about for June something light-hearted in contrast to the Lake? Roddy Doyle maybe? Something like the committments/the snapper/the van?

Or what about memoirs of a geisha? Or Sophie Kinsella? Ok I think I'm done lol.

Last edited:
Think I'm giving up on Aprils book. I've tried reading it again this morning and tbh I'm not feeling it all. Maybe if I perservered I'd get into it but I'm only reading it because of here and it's feeling like a chore. Reading for me should be a pleasure not because you have to.

Re June's book. I was going to suggest Robert Harris, The Ghost. I've been recommended it by my "real life" book club. They read it the month before I joined. They all agreed that they turned their noses up at it when it was suggested but every single one of them loved it, and it was an easy read.

I've got it out of the library and I'm about to start it today instead of LODL and I'm looking forward to it :D

Think I'm giving up on Aprils book. I've tried reading it again this morning and tbh I'm not feeling it all. Maybe if I perservered I'd get into it but I'm only reading it because of here and it's feeling like a chore. Reading for me should be a pleasure not because you have to.

Re June's book. I was going to suggest Robert Harris, The Ghost. I've been recommended it by my "real life" book club. They read it the month before I joined. They all agreed that they turned their noses up at it when it was suggested but every single one of them loved it, and it was an easy read.

I've got it out of the library and I'm about to start it today instead of LODL and I'm looking forward to it :D

Shame that Sarah, but perfectly understand your reasons.....I, too, will only read for pleasure! Hope you come back to LODL one day though :)

Hiya

The discussion starts from tomorrow.... always the 1st of the month. It's difficult to know whether everyone has finished it or not lol.

I just can't seem to get into LODL. I'm about 80 pages in and, like Sarah, I'm just not feeling anything, to be honest, it's annoying me a little bit but I can't put my finger on why lol!! Think I'll give up and go back to in a few months. Sorry ladies! :(

I just can't seem to get into LODL. I'm about 80 pages in and, like Sarah, I'm just not feeling anything, to be honest, it's annoying me a little bit but I can't put my finger on why lol!! Think I'll give up and go back to in a few months. Sorry ladies! :(

I struggled until I got half way through and then it starts to explain and get more like a story...stick with it till you reach the part it goes to when she was a pupil there it does get better honest...xx

I didn't struggle with it at all and really liked it!! It was a brill book :)

Just goes to show we all have different tastes etc. I was dubious about may's book cos of Amazon reviews but I'll give it a go anyhow. Start tomorrow.

Back