June/July book - Valley of the Dolls by Jacquiline Susann - Read by 31st July

Its a fantastic book and would also love to re-read it....its a book i recommend over and over at work

Hey everyone

I finished my lake of dead languages yesterday....this book was very out of the norm for me, and not one I would usually choose. However once I got into it, it did take a while, I loved it!!!

Bout to pick up the may book today and get that started!

I'm easy and will go with what anyone picks, all about tasting other things :)

Started Missing, good so far ;-)

a few votes for valley of the dolls....what about anone else?

I honestly don't mind, I will read whatever comes up...

Hi Girls sorry for not posting on the Lake review but I simply couln't get into it and didn't finish it. I have started missing and that is going better.

Valley of the dolls sounds good to me saw the film years ago and it was good....can we confirm if this is what we are going with so I can order it please...just started on Mays book this morning...xx

I'm happy to go with the flow also, as long as it's not anything by that Picoult woman!

:) xx

Hello,
Just wondering if I can join the book club? Anything special I need to do (other than reading the book, of course! lol)

T :)

Hi all, hope everyone is well.
I know I'm a bit late here but thought I would just add my bit on LODL - really struggled at first but glad I perservered. I found the Latin a bit too much hard work (almost like being back at school!) It also took me a while to get used to the latin names for the girls - very confusing!! I liked the storyline once I got into it and I think this book could be better second time around - I feel like maybe I missed some of the details/clues. Glad that I perservered with this but maybe this was too intellectual for me!!! sort of book that I feel does me good to read........anyway comic anyone!!! lol

I'm happy to go with Valley of Dolls

Bye for now x

Hello,
Just wondering if I can join the book club? Anything special I need to do (other than reading the book, of course! lol)

T :)

Course you can join, the book for this month is Missing (see the title of this thread) we are just deciding on Junes book which looks like it will be Valley of the dolls but not yet confirmed. We pick it early so give people time to get it....we then discuss the months book on the last day of the month...welcome aboard...xx

While I haven't sat down with Missing to fully concentrate on it I have read about 8 pages in dribs and drabs...not sure what I think so far tbh.

I think when you start a book you need to allow yourself the first chapter in one go to get the feel for it....they are always a tad confusing at the start...make a brew settle down and give yourself a "tea break" to get started....that's what I am going to do if I can get off this damn computer.....it takes up half my day lol..xx

hi, are we going with valley of the dolls as i need to order it from my library to make sure they've got it in? x

I think we'll wait for Karen to have the final say, so hold off ordering it for the time being! xxx

Back