June/July book - Valley of the Dolls by Jacquiline Susann - Read by 31st July

Hi girls xx

Yep Valley of the Dolls is cool with me - no need to get my final say so though peeps, am happy to go with the majority!!!!!

Ah shurrup, how could we decide without you, our founder ;)

Yay you're back :D !!

Will go order the book then! xx

Hi everyone! I got Missing and am really looking forward to it. I would like to vote for Valley of the Dolls for June, I think I saw the movie ages ago but the books are always better!

xxD

OK so lets says its Valley of the Dolls for June shall we :D:D:D

Aye go on then...lol. Dammit I have not made a proper start on Missing, am spending too much time on here. :D

Yippee, glad I dug mine out the other night then - no need for me to buy it.

I am so looking forward to re-reading it.

if you want Charli I can pop my tatty copy in the post for you to borrow if your library dosnt have a copy?

Can you believe we are discussing what to read in June already????? Time flies!

My Missing book arrived today so better hurry and read my current one!

if you want Charli I can pop my tatty copy in the post for you to borrow if your library dosnt have a copy?

Thanks Wanda but the library are ordering it for me, they said about two weeks which is fine as its not till june...she said "my that takes me back a few years" lol...really looking forward to reading that one...xx

I'm on page 16 of Missing, still haven't spent much time on it though, will get stuck in this weekend.

page 20 now and I must say it's getting better, story wise, think I'll enjoy it. Rang library to ask about a new card, they've ordered in Valley for me, if they can get it from mobile library (was informed it's very old lol).

Hi just found this thread - can I join in,? as with others I would love to be part of a book club!

Hi just found this thread - can I join in,? as with others I would love to be part of a book club!

Aye surely. Have you this month's book? You could always start with June's book if you don't. I love being in this book club, always wanted to join one, it's expanded me reading horizons.:D

I meant to ask, whats everyone think of Missing so far? I am enjoying it, just need to sit down with it and really concentrate, spent today catching up with eastenders!

I'm enjoying 'Missing'.....I didn't finish Lake....it really bored me. I know I should have carried on, but I just couldn't. I am finding this one easy to get into.......I am only on pg 20 though!!! I think I'll watch Lost then I'll read a few chapters.

Can I join your book club? Coincidentally I've already read Missing.

Didn't really enjoy it tbh as the book I read before it was by Barbara Erskine and she's a far superior author. Thought the story was good, just didn't like the way it was written.

Back