June/July book - Valley of the Dolls by Jacquiline Susann - Read by 31st July

Just ordered May & June books off Amazon - didnt know you could get books for a little as 99p - great! Looking forward to reading them.

Shopaholic: Coincidentally I've already read Missing.

Didn't really enjoy it tbh as the book I read before it was by Barbara Erskine and she's a far superior author. Thought the story was good, just didn't like the way it was written.

I'm only on Chapter 2, but I think I'm agreeing with you so far Shopaholic. Can't quite put my finger on it, but not sure I like her writing style. Will carry on though, as the story seems intriguing...

I'v finished Missing, really enjoyed reading it though i wish now i had'nt read it so fast, i had nothing to read in bed last night :cry:

Cant wait to read junes book now :D

I'm so loving "Missing"! Only read two chapters so far (long chapters though aren't they?). I love her style of writing and am so intrigued already....

I have finished "Missing" but will miss discussion as I'm off on my hols this week. Can't say that it was a favourite and found myself wanting to finish it.......in fact towards the end found myself rushing through the pages. Just found it too long winded - on the look out for June's book now!

I've not started it yet, like to read it as near to the end of the month as poss... But worried now as I LOVE Barbara Erskine!

Need to order Valley, will go look now..

Just bought it off Amazon and also bought 3 more Carol Goodman books :D

I've not started it yet, like to read it as near to the end of the month as poss... But worried now as I LOVE Barbara Erskine!

Need to order Valley, will go look now..

Just don't read Barbara Erskine before you read Susan Lewis... that's my advice :D

I've just had my last University exam today, so I can get cracking on Missing now and I'm looking forward to it. Not usually my cup of tea, but this is why I joined the book club in the first place. I've got my copy of the Valley of the Dolls for next month as well - can't wait.

I still haven't read beyond about p23 but as long as i have it read by end of month, plus it'll be fresh in my mind.

Got both books today from Amazon. will start on missing tonight - Valley of the Dolls looks interesting, good cover!

I'm loving Missing sooooo much..... it's my fave book club book so far!! I'm about half way through, not sure i'm going to manage a book a month when i'm working though??????

Got letter from library (one of those you have to tear the sides off lol) saying my book's in, Valley. If I lift it Mon, I'll have to have it read by 6 June unless I can renew which is fine unless someone else has requested.

I know what you mean westiegirl, it's a whopper :)

Back