June/July book - Valley of the Dolls by Jacquiline Susann - Read by 31st July

I agree with shopaholic and have also read Memory keepers Daughter

I have read 19th wife and REALLY enjoyed it I can recomend Escape by Carolyn Jessop a really really good book and about a similar situation and also a true story

Escape: Carolyn Jessop, Laura Palmer: Amazon.co.uk: Books

I've read The Memory Keeper's Daughter and thought it was a good book. None of the others appeal to me...

I'm just about to start The 19th Wife
The 19th Wife: David Ebershoff: Amazon.co.uk: Books

It has got some good reviews...

But isn't part of the appeal of the group to try things that don't initially appeal? :)

I've seen good reviews for the 19th Wife too.

I agree with shopaholic and have also read Memory keepers Daughter

I have read 19th wife and REALLY enjoyed it I can recomend Escape by Carolyn Jessop a really really good book and about a similar situation and also a true story

Escape: Carolyn Jessop, Laura Palmer: Amazon.co.uk: Books

Escape looks quite sad :(

I just wanted to read things that were more outside of normal top ten reads......and have suggested thing that were a little more unusual......not pointing fingers or anything promise I think its nice to stretch yourself when you read and read things that you wouldn't normal pick up or see on the shelf in Tescos :eek:

Escape seems quite sad but its definitely a book which takes you on a journey. if you can get it from your library i would recommend it.

I'm with Karen....I found Missing a real page turner. I did want something to happen and was waiting for a twist....it never came, but I still really enjoyed the book.

I could imagine it made into a film!!

i will agree with most of the reviews so far, found missing boring, predictable and not my cup of tea. glad to have read it though, even though i too skipped pages just to get to the end as hate not finishing books which is so great about this book club cos i would never have chosen it myself, more a james patterson person. have read valley though and couldn't put it down, again one i would never have chosen so thanks enormously to whoever recommended that one! x

Hi peeps

Well i started Valley of the Dolls t'other day and read a good few pages - wow fab fab fab!!

So, seems the consensus for July is Escape??? Everyone OK with that? Let me know and i'll put it in the title.

xxxx

blushing and running away ....it was me glad you enjoyed it :eek:

I enjoyed it and will very happily re-read it..... everyone who I have recomended it to at work has felt the same

Copies on Amazon from £1.82

Can we just do a quick roll call on who's still here... it's gone a bit quiet don't you think? lol. OK I'll start

Karen1972

Karen1972
Sarette

I'm still here, just not had much time to read! Will try harder!! xx

Karen1972
Sarette
Westiegirl
Starlight
Sparkelwings

i'm def still here and can't wait to see what july's book is, has it already been decided? if so i missed it and would be grateful for title.x

Karen1972
Sarette
Westiegirl
Starlight
Sparkelwings
Shopaholic

I'm still here too - reading Valley and its great!

Karen1972
Sarette
Westiegirl
Starlight
Sparkelwings
Shopaholic
Kik

Karen1972
Sarette
Westiegirl
Starlight
Sparkelwings
Shopaholic
Kik
Kopcat

Not started Valley yet (in fact still not opened the Amazon envelope to check that's what's in it, lol, just been too busy) but I will read it :)

I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying Valley because, as I said before, Jacqueline Susann is one of my favourite authors and I especially love Yargo, which I think if you enjoyed Vally, you'll also love :D

I think I might give Escape a miss though if it's July's book because although it gets great reviews, and this is about trying new genres, I don't think I can face it at the moment :(

If a few are not sure about Escape I will repost the list we had before maybe there is another on here people may like? hope this helps :D

River Run Deep by Rachel Treasure (£0.22p)

Diving into light by Natasha Farrant ( £0.01p)

Midnight Champagne by Manette Ansay (£0.01p)

A small part of History by Peggy Elliott (£0.01p)

Tribute by Nora Roberts (£3.91)

[STRIKE]
Valley of the Dolls by Jacqueline Susann (£0.01p)
[/STRIKE]

Just Breathe by Susan Wiggs (£4.28)

and Im still here too
Karen1972
Sarette
Westiegirl
Starlight
Sparkelwings
Shopaholic
Kik
Kopcat
Mrs Cakeybun