June - New starters!

Thanks! Ive been a pig tonight but gym in the morning. When I cut out my 'cheats' or naughty nights out my losses stopped so im embracing!
I felt like I ate waaaay too much at first but trust it and you'll see results! Nobody seems to notice my gains or losses but it took me a while to feel better within myself.
Welcome Becky :) im a Yorkshire lass too :D good luck for your WI x

Hey everyone..

Well done all of you for sticking with it!

I had a good day yesterday then ruined it with a choc chip muffin in the evening oops!

However today is a new day and when I was going to group my rep always said to me just because you were naughty doesn't mean you should throw the week away! I feel I've been doing really well and eating a lot more healthier than before. Fingers crossed for weigh in on Monday!

Hello all

I'm Tia 26 (27 next week)
I started slimming world on Monday night so I have now woken up ready to start my 3rd day.
I have done slimming world before but quite a few years ago and I really struggled with the red and green days! The EE seems much better!
I have also prob like most people done most diets WW,Atkins.canbridge, slim n save u name it I've tried it! I have always struggled with my weight and always seem to be on a diet!
But this time I wanna loose weight so I can start a family!
So far so good. I just had a sneaky weigh in on my scales at home and in already seeing a loss after 2 days! :)
I have quite a lot if weight to loose! Prob really about 12 stone! but but my aim is 7 stone 9.5 lb to start! Just taking it 1 stone at a time tho!
wishing everyone a healthy and slimming Thursday!

Morning!

I'm in day 3 too still feeling motivated!

Have any re-joiners found anything new (syns, food swaps etc) since their last time doing sw?

Thanks
Lou

Morning!

I'm in day 3 too still feeling motivated!

Have any re-joiners found anything new (syns, food swaps etc) since their last time doing sw?

Thanks
Lou

My books years old and my mum just joined and got new stuff and its all same think biggest difference I hear for her is they always used to advocate saving syns up now they say use them daily and more official in guidance over these cheat food like home made crisps as ppl were eating like a bag of potatoes a day making crisps and then not loosing weight so they say to syn those things now.

Stock cubes seem pretty much free now I think (correct me if I'm wrong)

I'm pretty much eating the same as last time but constantly browsing on here for good ideas for snacking etc!

I had a big bowl of fruit and yoghurt for breakfast and didn't need to snack before lunch (normally have a banana or apple) so this has obviously had an effect!

Looking forward to weigh in on Monday, have to keep telling myself not to weigh mid-week... temptation is killing me!

Feeling like I did the last 2 times I did SW, how can I eat so much and still loose weight!?

Hello, I am a new starter - began yesterday - a slimming world virgin so just getting to grips with rules etc.
I have 1 st to lose and am doing EE.
Good luck to everyone this week. My WI day is Weds. I am enjoying it so far but have a 'do' on Saturday night and already planning what to spend my syns on!

Weigh in tomorrow :-/

I'm enjoying not having scales and considered not weighing myself at a but I find with sw I try second guess to much and live off salad and meat To boost my losses but it doesn't work so I need a weigh in to see I'm on right track

Hiya girls, glad your all doing so well. I have done ok, used all my syns today and possibly a couple extra :( I went to bed feeling really hungry last night, woke up starving and feeling a bit grumpy about food. I don't think I drank enough today as I have a headache. I weighed myself today because I felt I needed a kick up the rear! I won't reveal anything my weigh in day is Saturday so I will wait until then! Hoping I feel more positive tomorrow. Really need some quick and easy foods as I feel like I am constantly cooking! On the plus side I managed to not eat any of the pizza my hubby and kids had tonight opting for slimming world syn free chips and 2 poached eggs.

What's everyone's reason/ motivation for starting sw?

Mine was a night on I had on Sunday and not one thing in my wardrobe fitting! I ended up wearing something horrible and feeling so unhappy with myself all night. It was Really frustrating and something just clicked that I need to fix this.

I'm enjoying it so far although it does require so much cooking/ organising! I think I'm going to batch cook this weekend :)

I hope everyone's feeling positive and healthy!!

Lou

My books years old and my mum just joined and got new stuff and its all same think biggest difference I hear for her is they always used to advocate saving syns up now they say use them daily and more official in guidance over these cheat food like home made crisps as ppl were eating like a bag of potatoes a day making crisps and then not loosing weight so they say to syn those things now. Stock cubes seem pretty much free now I think (correct me if I'm wrong)

oooh that's good, I remember the days of trying to hunt down chicken borvil as a stock cube replacement!!

Mine was a night on I had on Sunday and not one thing in my wardrobe fitting! I ended up wearing something horrible and feeling so unhappy with myself all night. It was Really frustrating and something just clicked that I need to fix this.

I'm enjoying it so far although it does require so much cooking/ organising! I think I'm going to batch cook this weekend :)

Lou

Hi Lou
Similar to you really- was really fed up of my gorgeous going out clothes not fitting at all or looking really tight and unflattering!
New motivation from booking my wedding next year..
Also found myself feeling low- mood, confidence/self-esteem. This one took me a bit longer to realise though, and I think more than just my weight needs to change.. But one thing at a time hey!
Well done for making a start, sw is fab. Batch cooking definitely helps. Onwards and downwards as they say!
X

Lou

My motivation is pretty much the same. Work trousers are feeling tight and I refuse to buy a bigger size. Also can't look in the mirror without feeling down so keeping a weekly photo diary and hope this will help to keep me motivated in the weeks to come :)

Hi all, can I join you please? Not technically a new starter as been doing slimming world for 6 weeks now and have lost 11.5lb. I have about 3.5-4stone left to lose.

My motivation is my daughter, she will be 8months old soon and my son is 8years and I want to set a good example for them.

Good luck everyone. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hiya girls, glad your all doing so well. I have done ok, used all my syns today and possibly a couple extra :( I went to bed feeling really hungry last night, woke up starving and feeling a bit grumpy about food. I don't think I drank enough today as I have a headache. I weighed myself today because I felt I needed a kick up the rear! I won't reveal anything my weigh in day is Saturday so I will wait until then! Hoping I feel more positive tomorrow. Really need some quick and easy foods as I feel like I am constantly cooking! On the plus side I managed to not eat any of the pizza my hubby and kids had tonight opting for slimming world syn free chips and 2 poached eggs.

I'm ok with the cooking so far its the washing up I'm hating.
I had fish fingers and super free mushy peas for tea, quick dinner but a few syns. I'm trying not to eat all my syns on the usual chocolate crisps etc until I feel confident I'm not heading back to them like I used to.

Quick meals how about omelette, ham egg and chips, salad for super free, jacket spud, I sometimes have fruit salad for tea if I had a bigger lunch x

Lou

So many things for me but other than usual confidence, healthy etc. it's my way of getting some control back.
I have never brought unhealthy or cooked in an unhealthy way, I don't recall ever having a fryer, or last time I even used oil. But take aways, and to much chocolate through day. I started Uni in sept, and recently our lecturer pointed out as a joke that no one looses weight on this programme he literally sees the girls mainly getting bigger and bigger lol so me being me would love to go against the grain and graduate alot smaller :)

Back